Chapter 14- Dazzle
891 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun settled, the villagers of the Travenstoff town began to appear more on the streets; laughing and chatting about their share of profits this harvest season. The reason for their joy could either be regarded as simple or foolish. But that doesn't bother the people residing in her.

Wearing colorful attires while mingling with other groups, they approached the big Mother Tree planted in the middle of the town.

The branches of the said tree were spread like clouds in a vast sky—providing a very comforting view to the people of the town. The tree wasn't too huge but the presence of the tree is rumoured to be very advantageous to the farmers.

Every year they gather around the tree and pray for Mother Nature for keeping them alive and healthy. The prayer was done in two phases with a gap of half an hour in between.

Clara was also present at the group to thank the Mother Tree which has been holding its roots even before the town was built here.

Naturally, Clara came alone here today but she was known by enough people to not remain alone for long.

"Hey, Clara. What was that guy doing in your cabin? Is it something special?"

"I bet he must be hiding a prince charming face behind that mask. How lucky of you, Clara."

The rumors of Clara—an unmarried woman—inviting a man inside her cabin have spread across the town faster than she anticipated.

However, since nothing was going on between her and the masked person, Clara didn't find it difficult to answer them, "He was my uncle's associate; came to deliver a message from him."

"Hee~I wonder if my innocent Clara has begun hiding things~" Clara giggled upon hearing her friend's remark before she rebutted them in a playful voice.

What the silly woman failed to notice was a certain group of men, standing not so far away from them—staring at no one but Clara.

The hunger evident in their eyes, coupled with their attempts to conceal their salivating lips while gazing at Clara, was repulsive to witness from a general perspective.

The person standing in front, Tim, eyed around Clara to search for the masked human who gave a very strange vibe when he had a confrontation with him.

"Tim...when do we start?" The bald man standing just behind Tim, asked in a growling voice with his eyes never leaving Clara's body.

The group of seven men were awaiting a chance to target Clara—one of the most beautiful and still unmarried beauties in the town, for a while now. Clara was an outsider to the town as she settled here just two years ago, that's why these seven would easily get pardoned once the case lands in the Mayor's hand.

After all, in exchange for seven adventurers, the Mayor surely wouldn't take the side of a mere farmer.

Tim remained silent for a bit, contemplating whether everything really would go as they planned.

After thinking for a moment he told them, "I think we should change the location."

*****

When mostly everyone had prayed to their God and Guardian Beast, they united in the city hall to enjoy the evening. I also left the motel where I was resting.

Although the streets weren't entirely empty, my current appearance surely wouldn't rouse much suspicion compared to before.

The most stand-out feature of mine was my silvery gray hair which is why I was using a shawl to cover my head and used a fabric around my mouth to hide the lower part of my face.

I...did try using make-up but that was a huge failure. I looked like a clown, no less and that would have garnered more attention—contrary to what I wished for.

Exiting the motel after paying for the room, I silently followed one of the female groups who surely were heading toward the town hall. They were carrying baskets of bread and other snacks for the celebration.

I have attached both of my dolls to my waist and one to my chest. I was carrying a small dagger in my boot as well but apart from that, I wasn't carrying any visible weapons.

Although the town was drowned in the colors of festivities, the patrolling unit and the guards wouldn't think twice before detaining a suspicious entity.

The distance between the motel and the town hall was less than a five-minute walk before the huge single-story building appeared in my view.

The guards stationed near the entrance were not inspecting the guests, for today's occasion, that's why I didn't have any problem entering inside.

There were numerous people all around the place, arranged in either groups or couples. Some were joking around, laughing, and feasting. And some were enjoying peaceful couple dances or cozy moments in a corner.

I surveyed the place and tried to find Clara.

'There she is....' I didn't have to wander much since Clara was currently in the middle of the hall—sharing a dance with a man.

Clara was a beauty who could have easily won Miss Universe in my previous world. With those charms added to her easy-going personality, it was given that she would be quite popular among locals.

There was no malice intention from the men who asked for a dance as it wasn't just Clara who was enjoying herself there. People just seemed to be letting go of all of their worries and enjoying the moment to the fullest.

However, it couldn't be said to a certain group who was currently sitting in a corner with their eyes settled on Clara.

I sat on a chair nearby with my gaze fixated on them. The seven of those men would be the executors of this incident if my memory serves right.

I also surveilled Clara just in case someone other than those seven turned out to be involved in this.

"Want some apple pie?" Suddenly a young girl appeared before me with a plate in her hand. She looked quite shy offering me the pie and her cheeks were flushed as well.

I noticed that she wasn't serving the apple pie to others, but brought this piece just for me.

'Do I look majestic even with my face covered?' Throwing away my narcissistic thoughts I took the pie from her before offering a smile.

"Thank you."

Her face turned even redder before she turned on her heels and dashed away.

Silly girl.

I could feel many gazes now drawn at me because the motive behind the pie was to see my face.

While the idea of mesmerizing all the maidens and even some middle-aged women around was tempting, I resisted the urge.

Scooping a spoonful I lifted the fabric around my mouth from the bottom before placing the spoon in my mouth. Once the pie was placed on my tongue, I took the spoon out.

"Uuuu..."

"Unfair...why so soon..."

"He got pink lips...for sure...."

The reason why those females groaned was because I took almost half a second to place the pie in my mouth; not allowing the ladies to witness my handsomeness.

'Ah, it started...' Although I was entertaining myself with the ladies, I never allowed myself to keep my focus away from Clara.

Just as she shared some drinks with Tim and the others, like she was doing with everyone else who came across her, Clara began to feel dizzy.

The seven helped Clara to escort towards the back side of the hall where the storage room was located.

I swiftly got up from my seat before following them.

My main goal was to let Clara feel some terror because of those people whom she considered someone as her family before saving her.

...however, I never anticipated such a significant canon divergence, awaiting me...

*****

A/N:- Hmm...

35