Chapter 13- Disappeared
1.1k 14 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clara is a side but an important character.

Her role was to make Logan familiar with the schooling life and help him develop his potion-brewing skills. Being a person from the countryside as well, Logan was able to feel some kind of kinship with Clara.

Many people liked Clara and wanted her to have a happy ending with Logan, however, the creators had different plans, and despite how many attempts, Clara's fate remained sealed.

Just after some months of joining, she was assaulted by one of her fellow professors when she and he were alone in the staffroom. And to save herself from experiencing something so dreading again, she kills herself.

That incident would trigger Logan's transformation and push him to his breaking point. The individual accused of the event would likely meet a fatal end. However, other professors and even some students could find themselves under threat due to Logan's uncontrollable berserk form.

I couldn't let that situation arise; as such, I had to save Clara here today.

"Uncle Ronin talks about you a lot. He told me how you even got your application accepted at Starfall Academy while continuing your job as a farmer."

Starfall Academy of Divine Arts—the place where it would all begin for real.

To apply as a professor in that academy, one has to pass several tests and practical examinations. And Clara was able to achieve her dream of becoming a professor there, in one single attempt.

"Hehe~thank you for the compliment. In all honesty, I think they just wanted a good potion maker for themselves as well, that's why they accepted me on board."

Seeing her blushing face and how she innocently replied, I could tell that she was a heroine material. And a clumsy one at that.

"By the way, is there any reason to wear that mask?"

"Ah, yes. My face is half burnt on the left side, that's why. Ah, yeah, here is a gift from Uncle Ronin. "

The name I was using to gain her trust was the man with whom Clara stayed after getting brutally assaulted by her countrymen. He is the man who encouraged Clara to not wail because of the past and to make a bright future by joining the academy.

I handed her the vial containing an antidote for any type of poison or drug. It was a highly valuable medicine, of which I possessed only one.

She pinched the container between her thumb and index finger before tilting her head.

"This....? "

"It's for seasonal infection I guess. He also gave me one to drink when I was about to leave."

I couldn't come up with any other lie. However, I was unsure that Clara would buy it, despite being so gullible until now.

However, thankfully,

*STIN*

*Gulp*

Taking off the lid, she gulped down the content in one go before letting out a 'Fuaah'.

I had a hard time believing that this woman was in her early twenties already.

"Thanks for everything, Mister. Then, can I do something to return the favor?"

I thought about whether I should ask her to include me in today's celebration as well...however, I soon rejected that idea. To keep an eye on the situation without letting Clara know about my presence would be far better.

"No, that's okay."

*****

After bidding farewell to Clara(who seemed to be hell-bent on feeding me something good as thanks), I walked out of her cabin.

The sun has already been repositioned near the horizon, indicating how long I chatted with Clara.

Stretching my body I little, I was about to find myself a room to rest until night when suddenly I sensed someone approaching me from my left.

"Oi!"

I turned to look at the brown-haired young man standing there with an irritated scowl on his face.

I recognized him since he was that obsessive-one-sided lover of Clara who planned everything about tonight.

"Yeah?" I didn't allow myself to act hostile towards him since I didn't want to raise needless suspicion. Given the advantage of numbers they would be during the incident, I can only rely on the element of surprise during my assault tonight.

That's why I had to avoid any kind of confrontation that could lead me to use physical force.

"What were you doing inside?" With his fist clenched and teeth-gritting in anger, he asked in a purely hateful tone.

If not for the villagers around, he might have attacked me—that much agitation I could see on his face.

"Why does that concern you? Are you someone related to Clara?"

My words made him lose his temperament momentarily. However, that surprise only lasted for a few seconds before he nearly shouted,

"Why should I answer a hooligan like you?!"

His shout now attracted many gazes in our direction.

"Hooligan...is he some kind of criminal escaped from the cell?"

"Look at that mask... doesn't it resemble those from the underworld?"

"Mama...I am scared."

I see, what he is trying to do. The smirk he wore vividly expressed his thoughts.

I crossed my arms on my chest before responding in a louder pitch,

"I doubt the hooligan part... After all, it wasn't me who was stalking Clara all the way from the market."

"Wha..." The man struggled to utter anything in response as his face turned ghastly pale.

I have been keeping an eye on my surroundings ever since I met Clara. I knew, being a crazed lover, he would absolutely follow us to Clara's place.

His reaction helped my argument as the whispers from the people soon shifted,

"Stalker? I knew Tim admired Clara...but to stalk her?"

"For a grown-up man to behave in such a manner....disgusting."

The brown head whose name seems to be Tim, growled at me before turning away and making a swift exit.

'... I just hope this doesn't make any changes in the event...'

If possible I would have told Clara to shift her residence from this town right away, however, knowing her personality it was nigh impossible to persuade her.

'I have to wait and see what happens now...'

*****

Back in Belur, Alatia has already returned to the mansion where she has been residing for some months now and preparing for the academy.

The reason she remained in the Captial for some days was because she wanted to collect her thoughts and remind herself of various things.

She wanted to stop thinking about Kyle just because his feelings toward her, changed. However, as soon as she returned, she found herself once again unable to shake off his thoughts.

Reason? Kyle has disappeared.

"I beg your forgiveness, Your Highness. I should have kept the patrolling unit on alert even in your absence."

Collen, the security in-chief, bowed his head slightly and confessed his mistake.

The fact that Kyle, a non-awakened, was able to escape the eyes of magicians of the patrolling unit was a feat to admire. However, in her current mood, Alatia couldn't care less about that fact.

"I have heard Collen that Kyle, my personal attendant, is treated like a piece of trash by the people residing in this mansion. Is that true? "

Alatia speaks less...almost countable words a day. For her to summon that many words in such a condensed tone suggested that she was annoyed.

Sweat trickled down the side of his face with his head never daring to lift. Colleen neither agreed nor disagreed with such a claim, as lying was never an option for him. Speaking the truth, however, could potentially cost the lives of every soldier under his command.

Alatia remained silent for a moment with her annoyance gravely elevating before she commanded, "Find Kyle before sunrise."

Collen didn't have to ask, what would happen if he couldn't fulfill the task.

Bowing his head again, he walked out.

Left alone, Alatia heaved a deep breath before she touched the mark inscribed under her belly button.

The mark that claims her ownership over her slave—Kyle.

'Don't make me use this Kyle...'

*****

A/N:- Many people are concerned over her changing attitude compared to canon. Just relax and read. I will explain everything slowly.

Drop a comment.

36