Chapter 15- Failed or…not
803 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The number of guests gathered in the hall exceeded five hundred—given this was their biggest festival of the year. The chances of losing someone's sight were quite natural here; especially for someone who couldn't use detection magic.

However, despite not having Clara's sight, I didn't panic.

I knew where this hideous act was about to happen, as such I treaded through the crowd and steadily made my way toward it.

The back side of the town hall was devoted to storing materials, mostly for town benefits. However, most of the things here were either related to construction or ration, that's why there weren't many security guards around. And during this occasion, almost every security guard remains patrolling around the town.

"Where you goin' pal? Wanna have a sip?" A drunkard villager came in my way just before I could have entered the backside of the town hall.

He was swinging on his feet, with a beer mug loosely dangling in his hold.

"No, thank you. Ah, I think that woman is calling you."

The man's eyes flashed with curiosity and excitement as he looked in the direction I pointed at.

Taking advantage of the moment, I silently walked past him and pushed apart the two doors.

*SWII*

"Unusually dark..." The gemstone igniting the town hall was not working here. Not something I found strange.

I made my way toward the east of the lobby which led to the third storage room.

My Alpha doll was prepared to unleash a fury of fireballs at the moment's notice. The people I am about to face are veteran adventurers, so despite being non-magicians, I have to be cautious around them.

They are savage creatures who have encountered life-and-death situations countless times before. They possess tactics that can transform adversity into opportunity, drawing upon their experience to navigate through perilous circumstances.

'...this is the first time I am going to face humans for real...'

There was no time to contemplate or step back. I have to steel myself for this or the future will be nothing but a path to hell, for me.

'Fooo...let's do this...' Taking a deep breath, I push open the door with a fireball conjured on the top of my hand.

"Ah-w-who?!"

I blinked in confusion upon seeing two new faces, who were kissing a moment ago.

However, what made me baffled was the fact that they were present here not the people whom I was expecting.

Since the storage room wasn't big and the fact that these two were her, means that those seven along with Clara never came here.

'Shit! Where did they go?!'

I dashed out of the room before looking around the place to search for them.

Following me, the couple whom I caught also exited the room hurriedly—allowing me to check the storage room thoroughly.

However, as I thought none of the seven was here.

'Did they suspect my possible intervention and change the location?' It was a possibility that after coming across me in the afternoon, Tim might have changed the location, just in case.

And guess what? It worked!

'Searching every storage room is not possible within due time. I need to be quick.'

I went toward the same spot from where I entered the backside with numerous thoughts rummaging through my mind.

'They cannot leave the town hall since the patrolling guards surely would question a group of men carrying an unconscious woman....which means they still are within the building and hiding in one of the storage rooms. But there are more than thirty here...'

The moment when I realized the severity of the matter, my Beta Doll was already in my hold.

Apart from teleportation, there were numerous things this doll could perform. However, having so little experience with my powers I could only try replicating what I had seen Kyle performing.

In the game, there existed a technique called 'Astral Vision,' enabling Kyle to see through any obstacle and enter the 'Colorless World.' This skill had numerous applications and potential uses, but for now, I chose not to dwell on my capabilities.

Although I have tried using this technique once before I still wasn't able to achieve my desired goal.

'The one who bestowed me with these powers, I pray you to assist me to cross this obstacle."

Planting the Beta Doll against my head with its arms covering my brows, I closed my eyes.

The connection between me and the Doll was quickly established as I tried prying into what the Doll wanted me to show.

My brows furrowed as I sensed images forming despite my eyes remaining closed. It seemed as though the surroundings were shifting and morphing into something unfamiliar.

The world around me darkened completely within my subconscious. Everything took on geometric shapes and structures, resembling a sketch come to life.

"Hmm?!"

I turned my head to the left and noticed incomplete handprints drawn on the walls, indicating that either the individuals hadn't fully pressed their hands against those spots or that my skill was still incomplete.

I focused on the floor and found numerous footmarks there. However, considering how many people must have passed from this place, I couldn't follow a single trail.

I inwardly cluck my tongue upon not finding anything suitable...however, just as I was about to lose my motivation my eyes caught a strange mark at the corner.

And the peculiar thing—it had a purple shade!

'How the heck does this technique work?'

With my eyes still closed I slowly walked toward the spot before kneeling.

Pressing my finger against that patch I found it was some kind of sticky fluid.

I brought the finger near my nose before a strong odor of some herbs and vanilla essence overwhelmed my senses.

'Where have I-ah! It was in Clara's house.' I have smelled this scent before in Clara's house. Given she was a potion maker there must be numerous potions she brews regularly However, this peculiar scent of bitter herb along with vanilla was quite profound in her house today.

I turned my head and found several patches in the lobby that continued until the end and then it disappeared.

It was highly impossible but it seems Clara had somehow left some clues behind.

I jumped on my feet and without a second thought advanced toward the place where she could be.

The trail led me to the very end of the lobby before a small gallery came into view on the left. The size of the entrance of this lobby was smaller than the main lobby. Until a person doesn't reach at this point they wouldn't know there is a passage here as well.

I again connected my consciousness to the 'Colorless World' and found out that the path marks end in front of the third door after entering the narrow passage.

This time I didn't hesitate before pushing apart the door and rushing inside.

"Huh?!" Although the people I was expecting were present inside, the scene I anticipated was not what I had expected.

The only person standing on their feet in the storage room apart from me was Clara.

The seven men whom I came to detain were currently lying on the ground with their eyes turned white and foam leaking out of their lips.

I turned toward Clara with my eyes slightly widened, as I heard her carefree voice reaching my senses,

"Oh, you finally are here Mister~"

In that moment, I realized two things:

First, Clara wasn't an idiot.

Second, I was very bad at covert missions.

*******

A/N:- Kyle ain't a professional so expect some mistakes initially. He would improve and become a better version.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Drop a comment.

34