Chapter 17- Reunion
909 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The head maid Maria was in a dilemma.

The other maids of the mansion were all grouped up in one place in the middle of the night for a single reason.

The Princess has yet to leave Kyle's room.

The suggestion to have dinner was immediately shot down and the maid who went to request Alatia to eat something returned with tears in her eyes.

It was a well-known fact that in her poor mood, Alatia could be pretty lethal with her words as such not many people in the mansion dared to face the lady.

"Your Highness seems angered like at that time when she found out about Kyle's disappearance from the prison. Why does that useless butler always worry Princess?" One of the senior maids in charge of the cleaning department spat in a hateful tone.

Many have witnessed that the only person in this mansion, that could influence Alatia's mood to a severe level then it was that silver head good-for-nothing servant.

The complaint that the maid expressed was shared by many...however, Maria had a different view on this.

Being the head maid of the mansion and someone who has served Alatia for more than ten years, Maria knows why Kyle is the only one who could influence her lady with his actions.

'They share the bond of friendship...a bond which cannot be replaced or broken despite how much time passes.' Was what Maria admires in her heart about the two children.

Although Kyle was met with the worst fate by his own family members, Alatia has always been on his side ever since. She has been protecting and shielding Kyle ever since he was disowned by his family. And in the future as well, Maria hopes that their relationship remains the same...or maybe, it could bloom into something more?

Who knows.

"Miss Maria?" Seeing the head maid rising on her feet, everyone turned silent and one of them asked in an uncertain voice.

Turning toward them, she didn't answer the question but rather conveyed a very valuable suggestion, "In my opinion, if you can't see the connection between Your Highness and Kyle and keep on badmouthing him, I suppose, your journey might come to an abrupt end."

Narrowing her eyes with a soft smile extending her lips, she clarified, "And no, I am talking about your journey as a maid....rather, your journey of life. It might be cut short, so beware."

*****

"Any clue?" As Collen stood near the threshold of the room, Alatia asked in an indifferent voice...as if she already assumed his answer.

And sadly, despite wanting to betray her expectations, Collen could only answer in denial,

"No...nothing, as of now." Every part of the great forest around Belur was thoroughly examined. The town of Belur was not somewhere Kyle could approach without letting the town security know about his presence. Even so, Collen has deployed a small group of soldiers to search the town as well.

However, all the reports he received from each group provided no clue about Kyle's whereabouts.

Maria looked worried as her hand which was feeding Alatia some porridge, halted mid-way.

"Collen...have you checked the nearby dens of the monsters...just in case?" Maria's voice trembled speaking those words. Just the mere thought of Kyle being taken by some Breboar as a food supply made her shiver in fret.

Collen, this time, answered something that allowed Alatia and Maria to feel relieved.

"We have checked every monster's den and shelter which is above E-rank. Since most of the monsters were annihilated earlier this month, it didn't take long to check each one of the remaining ones. And none of those sites suggested any kind of confrontation."

Although non-awakened, Kyle was a trained martial artist and knew how to handle himself in unfavorable situations. Collen himself has witnessed that. As such, it was highly unlikely that Kyle would ever confront an enemy which he couldn't beat.

"I guess it's time." Alatia's sudden movement startled Maria and alerted Collen as both of them saw her nearing the window and looking outside with a certain expression.

The limit of her tolerance has been breached.

She should have done this a little while ago already. She shouldn't have waited for this long. Delaying this might cause Kyle's life...or maybe...

'No...this can't be. The only one who can harm him is me...'

Seeing the young lady taking off her gown, Collen immediately turned around. He wasn't surprised, since he knew what she was about to do. And it was the same for Maria, who panicked upon realizing Alatia's intentions.

"My lady...is that...really...necessary?"

Maria's question was quite foolish in Alatia's eyes. If not now, then when? Alatia couldn't depend on anyone else to bring Kyle back. Only she could do it.

Without minding Maria's panic, the girl slightly lifted her chemise and pushed her palm against the strange mark like a tattoo was drawn just below her belly button before it ignited with a crimson illumination.

[A/N:- Chemise is like a shirt that medieval women wore under their gown to not let sweat patches appear on the gown. Or so what I found on the internet.]

The binding vow between a servant and a master was triggered by Alatia. And wherever Kyle was at the moment, he would be forced to-

"AHHHHHHH!"

Alatia's eyes widened as she assumed it would take some time for the 'Chains of Slavery' to bring Kyle to her. However, only a few seconds passed and the figure of her childhood friend appeared flying in her direction.

There was no time to move as Alatia stood there spellbound.

Kyle, on the other hand, couldn't stop himself as he closed his eyes and crashed through the window before extending his arms and wrapping them around Alatia—in an attempt to not hurt her.

However, Kyle didn't realize that the pulling effect of the chains had already disappeared the moment he arrived before Alatia, so there was no need for him to hug her suddenly.

In response, Alatia stood there motionless with a whirlwind of emotions suddenly erupting within her consciousness and her shoulders, slumping in relief.

Kyle kept his eyes closed while his arms never released Alatia's soft and warm body. It almost felt like he had ridden a high rollercoaster and now was hugging his favorite plushie to calm his breathing.

"This insolence..." Just as Collen heard the windows breaking, he turned around...only to find the princess currently intimately held by Kyle.

However, before he could move to punish Kyle for this crime he had partaken in, Maria raised her hand and shook her head in denial.

Collen frowned before he wordlessly asked the maid for the reason.

With a smile, Maria pointed her finger toward a certain point.

Collen squinted his eyes a little...only to realize why Maria stopped him.

It wasn't just Kyle embracing Alatia. The Princess, as well, needed Kyle.

And that much could be deduced from the way she was clutching the hem of his shirt.

Collen sighed before he nodded toward Maria and stepped out of the room followed by Maria.

Once both were alone, and Alatia had somehow calmed down a little, she leaned her head and whispered something in his ear, that sent a shiver down his spine,

"Kyle~I would like to hear everything about your little venture. And also, this strange scent you have brought along."
*****

A/N:- Haah, these two.... While Kyle just only feels thankful toward Alatia, the latter seems to be developing something beyond just friendship.

The divergence of the plot has begun and without realizing Kyle has begun drawing Alatia in his direction more than the original Kyle ever could have.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know in the comments.

32