Chapter three: I’m not alone, Sweet child of mine.
547 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It seems to have gotten troublesome” 

 

When I woke up, the runt had multiplied. To be precise, the female wolf brought back a pack of wolves along with a few other furry vermin. Before me stood a mixture of four beast races. Beastmen, beastkin, wolves, and wereraces

 

The beastmen were a race of humanoid beasts that stood upright but had animal features such as

 

Wolfmen

Centaurs

Mermaids

Arachne

Harpy

Fishmen

Etc.

 

Beastkin were no different than humans other than the ears that stood on the top of the head. The current bunch were

 

Rabbit clansmen

Bear clansmen

Wolf clansmen

Fox clansmen

 

The wolves were well… just wolves

 

Then came the wereraces they were a type of humanoidish creature that looked like large muscular brutes covered in fur.

 

I lamented saving the two.

 

There were at least a couple thousand vermin in front of my den. 

 

“Gawd damn it…”

 

All of them were currently kneeling at my feet. 

 

“What is it that you want?” I said in an arrogant and bold voice.

 

The female wolf from before came up to me and lowered her head without looking at me.

 

“Oh emperor of the forest please grant us respite within your domain, for we wish for your immortal and powerful protection”

 

“Why?”

 

“The humans have overpopulated the continent and enslaved many races, they burn our habitat kill our kin and rape our sisters and wives.”

 

“You think I can protect you?”

 

“By your grace, you are invincible, for you can not die”

 

“Heh ah haha hahaha HAHAHAHA INVINCIBLE, I CAN NOT DIE? HAHAHAHA YOU FOOL! IF I WERE INVINCIBLE THEN WHY HAVE I LOST MY RIGHT EYE!? WHY DO I HAVE THE SCAR ON MY FACE!? IF I CANNOT DIE WHY AM I THE LAST OF MY KIND!”

 

the group drew back in fear of my wrath, I felt bad that I lost my temper and apologized.

 

“I'm sorry… I lost control of myself it is not your fault.”

 

“No, it was my words seemed to have offended the emperor it is my fault!”

 

“Forget it…”

 

“….” 

 

“I alone cannot protect you… nor can I satisfy your thirst for revenge… please leave”

“Lord if we may give you a gift…”

 

*Scoff*

 

As pathetic and futile that maybe I will look at your gift before throwing you…ahhh*

 

Three beastkin brought forth an open chest and three objects could be seen within. The cloudy round objects within stopped me in my tracks as I was about to turn away. The three magic stones reflected in my one eye. 

 

“Ahh… ahh ….that…could it be?”

 

I stared at the three orbs in disbelief, hoping that this wasn't a dream. 

 

I walked ever so carefully up to the three soul stones I carefully picked up all three in my mouth. I went back into the den deep within was a stone altar on it were seven bowl-shaped holes with four already filled. I placed the three orbs within the altar a light filled the room as cracks of light spread out like a spider web the sound of hearts beating could be heard. 

 

The seven orbs floated above the altar and began forming seven clouds of Mana. After a while, they took the form of seven large white wolves. 

 

Though compared to me they were a little smaller, just given form and reborn anew seven Fenrir pups stood before me.

 

I was not alone anymore.

 

“Where am I?”

 

“What is this place?”

 

“I swear I was killed by that hero?”

 

“Have we really been reborn?”

 

“By the forest, I came back!”

 

“The torment is over, may I be blessed”

 

“My son! where is my darling son!?”

 

As I looked at the four pups my black heartbeat once more. I finally did it. After six hundred years of killing and torment, I brought back the Fenrir.

 

“Mother I am here… I kept my promise”

 

“Truly is that you? Oh, my son how much I missed you! Your face! your eye it's gone how much have you suffered”

 

“Damn those wretched humans, death to them all!”

 

“We need to eliminate every last one!”

 

“Mother there is something I must do, as I owe a debt to the ones who helped us”

 

With that, I let them get used to their bodies and walked to the den entrance. There all the races again kneeled in worship.

 

“Today you have brought a miracle back to your gods and restored them to life! For that we owe you a great debt that will be repaid with the blood of humans!” 

 

“Ohh!”

 

“We will take back our lands and slaughter and enslave every last human, there will be no escape we are the rulers of the forest none can escape our maws. We will rebuild our homes then raise an army and take our fight to those insolent apes that desecrate and burn our lands!”

 

This is was a beginning for a dark age of total war. A war known for ages to come as the Demon Wolf's Rein Of Terror. 

 

8