Chapter five: Where do we plant our roots?
460 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Syrea looked at the young child entangled by vines, she looked at him sweetly, gently, lovingly, longingly……

 

hungrily.

 

How long had it been since she ate this much? She caressed the boy’s hair, smelled it, and kissed his forehead.

 

"I, I don't w, want to...sniff...die"

 

"Oh sweet adorable lamb you have no choice, I raised this entire flock to butcher after all"

 

A Vine whipped through the air and pierced the boy's chest. Worm-like veins began to appear on his chest, they continued to his abdomen where they grew slightly larger and began to pulse.

The vine seemed to glow a translucent red like a tube. On one side a yellow liquid ran out and a red ooze came in. The boy slowly began to turn into a patch of skin.

 

"Noooooooo! you monster!"

 

"How could you do this Syrea!?"

 

"We trusted you! You helped us with everything we did. This village is a family!"

 

Several villagers were underground locked in cages hanging from the roof of a cave. The cages were made of roots of a plant. The cave was located directly under the village. 

 

"Such an exquisite taste~"

 

She had raised this flock for him in case one day she needed her. She had set her roots all over the western kingdom. The entire area was a flock of sheep raised for slaughter. Three cities and thirty-two villages were built on top of her. Syrea is the oldest Alraune on the Eastern continent. She fell in love with that man the moment she saw him. Like the giant beast he was, he rushed in and slaughtered the empires’ men and saved her from being uprooted.  That was two hundred years ago.

After he disappeared she built an entire kingdom over her body and helped humans prosper so she could slaughter them later. Her magic affected their minds, and her energy made their fields flourish. The crops they ate made them obey her unknowingly. She kept her identity secret and hid among them for two hundred years. Then with a stroke of luck, he came to her with his order. She now could use her zombie-like slaves to attack the world leaders without having to be there with him. She regretted not being able to move from the western kingdom. But with her life seeds implanted in every human in the western kingdom, she could plant herself everywhere in the world. 

 

"Fufufufu love is so….mmmn"

 

She kept a few villages as cattle for food hence the cave she called the love dungeon. She loved people, she loved watching them ask for mercy as she skinned them alive, dissolved their eyes, tore out their organs, and made them squeal in pain. 

 

"So he needs me to extract information huh?"

 

She walked over to a table filled with all kinds of unspeakable torture tools. She picked up a syringe and flicked it a cage lowered from the ceiling.

 

"No nonononononono!"

 

A muscular man in his thirties was in the cage he backed as far away as he could, unfortunately, the cage was made for one person so there wasn't anywhere to go.

 

"Experiment number 570. Weight 220 pounds.  average muscular build. Sexually active. The last subject took one dose, his kidneys couldn't handle the serum and his kidneys exploded. After refining the recipe I believe we should see some better results"

 

Syrea Attached the syringe to a Vine, the vine coiled around his neck and stuck the needle, the pink fluid emptied out and the vine released him. The man held his throat in agonizing pain before going limp. Afterward, his eyes clouded over and his skin turned green his limbs turned into thick vine-like appendages. One arm was super skinny while one was ridiculously large. His body began to turn from human shape to an ugly horrendous plant monster. Where his heart was was now a monster's core. His head has been dwarfed by his body his face contorted in a permanent scream with his tongue lulled out of his mouth.

 

"Go join the others"

 

She had injected them with herself their bodies had been parasitized so she could use them to spread herself in distant countries. When they found a perfect place to plant they would dig into the soil where the core in their body would slowly expand the parasite her, roots into the soil till it ran out of Mana and died then she would root herself in that area permanently. 

 

She loved people so she wanted to spread her love to everyone in the world. Everyone needed to be loved by her equally. 

 

"If only the previous me hadn't failed my father…"

 

She lamented not being able to see him again but even if she was alone in this world, she wanted to express her love to everyone. She wasn't alone... she had everyone to share her love with.

 

Yes him. He was her love. That beast who saved her life. If only she could bear his children. She wanted the ability of a human womb so badly. 

 

"I'm so close to replication, just a few more human sacrifices come now human girl let me show you my love."

 

With a gesture, another cage came down from the ceiling. 

9