Chapter 3: Don’t Fear The Reaper
238 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of that awkward silence, the cloaked figure decided to break the silence.

“So… uh… you get all that Eve?”

The Grim Reaper just called me Eve. Last I checked, only friends call me Eve. 

“Well, due to that old man, the cat is out of the bag, you know.”

“Hold up. You can read my mind? Also, what do you mean the cat is out of the bag?”

“Wait, you weren’t listening to the Old Man when he said to call me Mori?”
“I was too busy quivering in fear,” Wait, now that I think about it, the Grim Reaper’s voice is oddly familiar, “Don’t tell me you’re actually Mori?!”

“Yeah, it’s me, in the flesh,” The Reaper tossed its cloak aside, revealing a young girl wearing a school uniform, “I’m Death, always was, always will be. Please don’t be scared though. I’m still the same old Mori you hang out with. It’s just now you know I also go around ripping out dead people’s souls.”

I was speechless. What do you say to a friend that you recently found out was Death?

“But enough about me, the real reason you’re here is so we can explain what happened, what you need to do and how we’re going to help.”

“Explain what?”

“Do you notice anything different about your body?”

I felt my body, and instantly I found out that it didn’t feel like flesh. I also then realised I didn’t feel or smell at all. “Hey Mori, is it me or does my body feel very weird right now?”

“As we speak, your body is now made up of pure Divinity. It’s also the reason we could bring you here, as if you weren’t made of pure Divinity, you would have perished physically, mentally, and spiritually. Well actually, you would have just perished.”

Eh. That’s quite the scary thing to find out suddenly, you know.

“Yeah, I’m sick of this classmate back and forth shit. Sorry lil’ Grim, well not really, but I’mma hijack this conversation so we can fast forward to her reaction, which I hope will be absolutely hilarious.”

Suddenly, the Devil looked directly at me. “Listen here kiddo, you are quite the unique existence. Got it? Simply put, it isn't easy to do what you did. You may not understand this, but those avatars of yours are all Gods. Well, they were pseudo-gods, but now they’re real Gods. You had an anomalously high concentration of Divinity within you. The thing with Divinity is that if you don’t have a Domain, it decides to create whatever you believe in. Unfortunately, you believed in the friends you had in your mind and through your unbelievably huge Divinity amount, you managed to not only make them a reality but also gave them human forms! The only people who can actually do something like that are me, the Old Geezer here, Kaosu and maaaaybe little ol’ Grimmy there. The rest have to create a living thing through sex, ya know!”

That was quite the reveal. First, I find out I made Gods, then I find out I have a huge amount of Divinity, and now that I’m one of the few people who could make Gods without having… uh… the intercourse.

“Now this is where things get interesting about you and your pantheon posse, which by the way, calling them your pantheon, that is one huge funny coincidence. Simply put, that Assassin, she’s now in another world, summoned through that magic circle. That led to her being disconnected from you since even with your Divinity energy levels, there is no way in hell you’re gonna reach a planet that’s in another universe. However, her disconnection led to everyone else disconnected since you more or less wanted them all to be of equal power. Now all of them are proper Gods, who have taken a bit of your Divinity, and are now roaming the world with the Domains they gained from their actions as proper, living beings instead of combat puppets for an abnormally powerful high schooler.”

Oh, so that’s where Assassin went. Man, I should really give them actual, real names. If they’re real Gods now and have part of my Divinity, what about my Divinity?

“Oh kiddo, now you’re using your brain. Let me put it in simple words. As they were originally part of an ability you had that was conjured up through Divinity, you’ll probably have to collect them back. However, you don’t need to rush it since it ain’t life-threatening for you. I think naming them should be good enough to recapture them, so congrats kiddo, you’ve gotta think of a ton of names. Did ya know that naming things has an actual effect on things in our world? Well whatever, won’t go into detail. As for your Divinity. Well, you’re now made of Divinity, so no need to worry. Probably.”

Huh, I was actually worried that something bad might have happened because of them being freed. I mean, the Devil did say my reaction would be funny once I heard what happened and what I’d need to do.

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. The real kicker about this situation however is that you’ve more or less been in a coma for six months. Which is enough time for them to have grown strong, create some personality, and also create a life for themselves in the world.”

Wait. I’ve been in a coma for six months?

“Puhahaha! Look at her face?! I didn’t think anyone could open their mouths that wide! Well whatever, time to send her back. We already told her what we needed to tell.”

“Wait, don’t send her ba-”

And with that, I went back to seeing black.


“You idiot!”

“What? I told the thing, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, but you forgot how we’re related!”

“Eh, I figured you could do that. She’s your close friend, isn’t she?”

“Haa…”

A speech bubble appeared above the dusty one’s head. ‘I could do it. I am first in line.’

“Well look at that Grimmy, Mr. Sandman here can do it for us. Ain’t that great?”

“I believe that resolves the issue Death. Now then, I believe this meeting is now adjourned. Farewell children.”

"For fuck sake, none of us are your child you Old Man."

And with that, the roundtable disappeared.

That was sudden, huh. I guess the roundtable stuff is all over now. This is where we really get going into the story. Hopefully.

You're probably wondering why I made the Roundtable Folks a thing? Well, in all honesty, I have no idea. I'm just going to roll with it. If it doesn't go well, I'll just blame it on me being sleep deprived! Despite it being 5 PM where I am. Whatever, I think it's a valid excuse. Well, I do have a reason, but knowing myself, it's probably going to change down the line. 

Now then, onto the part where I talk about something else. I've just realised I could get a perfect, right in the middle, rating average. All I need is two people, one to give 1 star and the other 2 stars, and boom. 2.5-star rating. The problem here is that to achieve the perfect average, I'd need to hurt my feelings.

8