Chapter 8.5: Dreams Of Our Generation
149 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the white void with nothing but a roundtable.

‘Hello, everyone.’

“Hello there. A pleasure seeing you here.” said the Old Man, before going back to reading the latest story on his reading list.

“Yo Sand.” said Chaos, who was watching Kraken try, and fail, to get a win in Mario Kart.

“Argh! Why do I keep getting hit?!” said the Kraken, focusing solely on the game.

“Hi Sandy. What brings you here?” asked the Devil, who was just lazing around.

‘No reason.’

“Huh. I see. That’s boring. I thought you’d have a better reason for coming.”

“By the way Sandy, how goes your Evelyn avatar problem?”

‘Oh, it is already solved.’

“Well, that is good to hear, child.”

“Haa… please stop saying child, it’s disgusting.”

“But you are all my children. Excluding Death, though.”

“Why do you treat her differently, Old Man?”

“Well, for a simple reason son, she is something far more ancient than us all. Even though we are ancient by mortal, and godly, standards.”

“Huh, fair enough.”

‘May I ask a question?’

“Sure, fire away Sandy.”

‘You know how we’re allowed to bring Evelyn here? Can we bring her avatars here too?’

“Yeah. They’re more or less part of her, so I don’t see why not.”

“Aha! I told you they’d let me in!”

‘Yeah, I guess you were right.’

“Woah, who’s the vigilante chick Sandy?”

‘This is Phoebe, also known as Evelyn’s avatar, the Nightmare.’

“Oh, come on, we spend all that time bonding, get closer and closer, only for you to ditch it because you’re in front of some friends. As I thought, you are a coward!”

‘Stop with the crocodile tears.’

“How dare you accuse I, the truthful Phoebe, of such a dastardly act.”

“Oi, oi, Kaosu, your bloodlust is coming out.”

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that there’s something about these two that I can’t stand.”

“Ohoho. Is it that you’re jealous?” Suddenly, Phoebe grabbed Sandy’s arm. “Sandy is all mine! Shame on you, you loveless loner!”

“Ohoho. You’re really testing my patience, ya fucking normie.”

“Language! We’ve got to be stream friendly Chaos!”

“You don’t even have a fucking mic plugged in.”

“Oh shit! I don’t! Wait, wait! Ah fuck! I lost again.” With that, Kraken threw away her Switch. “Oh, you crossdressing now Sandman?”

‘Crossdressing?’

“Wait, wait. Dusty, did you not tell them?”

‘Tell them what?’

“Okay, okay. I’m telling them.”

“WAIT! PLEASE DO-”

“Sandman here isn’t ‘Sandman’ anymore, if you get what I mean.”

“I already knew of their change, child, although it is appreciated you shared it.”

“Wait, wait. PUAHAHAHA! That is fucking hilarious!”

“HAHA! Wait, wait. D, get this. They’re now the Sandtran.”

“HAHAHA! That’s pretty good.”

“Eh? I don’t get it.”

“Kraken, in simple terms, Sandman here is of the female gender now.”

“Ooooh. Now I get it. Wait, what?”

“Argh! This is why I didn’t want to tell them.”

“Oh, come on Dusty, stop pouting. Better now than never.”

“So, how’d ya do it kiddo?”

“Well, simple. I just forced Sandman to crossdress, then made him interact with certain people, who would then tell people in the real world. Eventually, enough people believed in the female Sandman that it became like this. You would not believe how easy it is to get people in this generation to make a mythological being into a cute girl.”

“Okay. Now that is funny. Congrats Sandy, not only did you get a cute girlfriend, you also became a cute girl yourself!”

“Aaagh! I want to go back to the Dreamrealm!”

“Aww, you’re so cute Dusty!”

“Tch. Sure, Sand being a girl is funny, but now they’re fucking flirting. Disgusting.”

“Don’t worry Kaosu. I’m sure you’ll find someone. In fact, go do what your descendants did and get together with a son or something.”

“Don’t you dare suggest something like incest. I’m not as desperate as my shitty grandchildren, my great-grandchildren, and their whole lot. Got it?”

“The fact you envy the two Izans is sign enough you’re desperate.”

“Wha- I’m not envious of them.”

“I don’t know. I’ve seen you eyeing them from time to time when they’re in an argument.”

“Do not worry Chaos. I am sure you will find someone to love, like the beings from the Dreamrealm there.”

“Argh! Shut up, Phoebe, that’s enough!”

“Aww. Is Dusty feeling shy now?”

“Hmph!”

“Aww… you’re so cute when you pout.”

“Okay, that’s it. I’ve decided I’m going to get a cute girlfriend too!”

“I thought you were going to attempt to find a male mate, Chaos.”

“And have my child end up in an incestuous relationship? No thanks! I know what happens to those in my lineage. Now, if I get a girlfriend, there’s no chance of me getting a child who either wants their aunt, their cousin, their sister or in the worst case, their mother.”

“Understandable, but who will you choose to be your partner?”

“Hmm…” Chaos scanned her mind, trying to find a female in her life. Whilst thinking, her eyes land on the Kraken. After a few seconds, she licks her lips. “I’ll take Kraken-chan here!”

“Eh? What? Me? Hold up.”

“Don’t worry. This is a win-win situation for us.”

“How?

“Well, you get me, and I hear in the VTuber world yuri sells, and I get a cute girlfriend,” before muttering under her breath, “and someone who is actually dumb enough to fall for this.”

“Hmm… anything to make me popular in the VTuber world. Deal!” Kraken starts leaning in, her lips ready for a kiss.

Chaos recoils back, “Woah, what are you doing?”

“Well, we’re going out now, right? And that’s what couples do, right?”

“Ahaha! She’s right you know, Kaosu. So go on, pucker up.”

“Fuck you D. You know what.” Chaos goes in for a quick kiss. “That wasn’t so ha- Kraken! What’s wrong?!”

“Awooga,” said Kraken, currently in a daze.

“Puahahaha! This is really funny!” said the Devil, enjoying the current situation.

“Wake up Kraken. It was just a kiss! Argh, I didn’t think she’d pass out from this!” said Chaos, currently panicking due to her new partner’s state.

“Your friends sure are interesting.”

“Yeah, interesting describes them.” said the Dream couple, one on the other's lap in a seat.

“It is great that your spouse has led to you talking more Sandma- no, it would be more correct to say Sandwoman now, wouldn’t it.” said the Old Man, enjoying the usual atmosphere here at the Roundtable.

Here's another Roundtable side chapter. As for why the chapter is called Dreams Of Our Generation, isn't it obvious? Everything must become a cute girl! Mythological beings, consoles, planets, everything! After all, cute is justice! That and Dreams Of Our Generation fits into my whole 'Chapter names are all song names' thing I've got going.

Yep, for those who weren't paying attention to them, every single chapter title is actually a song name. Now before you listen to the song to find some hidden meaning in the chapter, unfortunately, I only really used the song names themselves as a reference. I'd like to interweave the song into the chapter, but that seems a bit too much.

Oh yeah, I made Phoebe and Sandman a thing. Not sure, but I feel like it's something that would happen. I mean, they're the two things in the Dreamrealm that have actual sapience after all, so it was bound to happen. Also, Kraken-chan, do your best!

5