Chapter 14: Prelude To War
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m back.”

“Welcome back Demon.”

“Where are the others, Robot?”

“They have gone to attend to their own agendas.”

“Hmm… you are tracking them, correct?”

“Correct.”

“Then no need for me to worry. I will assume those agendas of theirs are beneficial for or do not affect us. Give me a report on any avatars we do not have contact with.”

“Understood. The Destroyer, previously known as the Commander, then the Dictator, is currently imprisoned on Saturn's moon Titan. The Fighter was seen in an underground fight club located in the former city of New York but has been sighted to be moving towards where Evelyn currently resides. The Merchant is currently on a ship carrying goods within the Bermuda Triangle. The Hunter was seen hunting within the Amazon Forest alongside the Goddess Artemis. Their relationship seems to be close. The Witch, the Assassin, the Maid, and presumably both the Ninja and the Nightmare are currently in contact with Evelyn, who has recently woken up. The rest of the avatars have unknown whereabouts. It should be noted Samurai’s armour has gone offline, presumably because of self destruct protocol. The last thing I sighted whilst looking through her helmet’s lenses were Evelyn, Assassin and Samurai standing by each other, so it is assumed that the Samurai has gone to their side.”

“I see. A lot to unpack there. Explanation on how you got this information.”

“Understood. UN documents found within their database show records of world-renowned scientists and magicians working together to create a space shuttle that doubles down as a prison, solely made for the Destroyer. After a raid upon the Destroyer’s household, she was contained in a cell that was transported into the space shuttle they had created, then launched it towards Titan. As we speak, I am currently trying to gain access into the space shuttle’s cameras so I may spy on her in case of notable changes.”

“Good. She might make a good last resort, although I would rather not have to make use of her.”

“The Fighter, Merchant and Hunter were found via satellite imaging. Observation will be continued, as per protocol.”

“Got it. As for the Evelyn situation?”

“Evelyn was discharged from the hospital she was in and currently has possession of some avatars we previously could not get a hold on. The Witch was seen waiting at the hospital Evelyn slept in every day since our split. As Evelyn is awake, it is safe to assume the Witch went home with her. The Maid, which was previously in possession of Zeus, was seen walking with the Witch to a park near Evelyn’s home, so it is safe to assume the Maid is in Evelyn’s hands. The Assassin, whose whereabouts were unknown ever since the split, had appeared at Evelyn’s side during her fight with the Samurai. Although not present, abilities showcased by Evelyn were reminiscent of the Ninja and the Nightmare. Therefore it can be inferred that she has had contact with them and has made them her avatars once more. How she got into contact with the Nightmare is unknown. However, Amaterasu, who was thought to be in contact with the Ninja, left Takamagahara to visit Evelyn’s residence alongside a stranger that was her lover. It is assumed this person is the Ninja.”

“Tch. The loss of an alliance with Nightmare is a huge blow, and now knowing that the Ninja is the lover of Amaterasu makes the alliance with Susanoo worse, as now we do not have a chance of getting the Ninja. Oh well, with Poseiden now dead, Susanoo can take the role of the world’s top Ocean Deity.”

“I have some bad news to report in regards to Susanoo.”

“I really don’t want to hear it.” After a few minutes of pondering, the Demon looked back at the Robot, “Hit me with it, better now than never.”

“Understood. Susanoo and Samurai reported that they would be leaving for a quick trip to say hello to Susanoo’s sister. While doing my daily checking in on all the avatars that are currently in our ranks or are being observed, when I looked into the lenses of Samurai’s armour, I saw an unmasked Samurai bending down, with Evelyn holding a dagger to her hand. Straight after a crash of an unknown male who had a spear lodged in their chest area, then Susanoo appeared. Susanoo had a little interaction with the two, with Assassin appearing during the interaction. After that, the helmet went offline. It is assumed this was when Samurai activated the protocol. In regards to Susanoo, it appears he is either dead or in a fragile state.”

“How so?”

“Looking through the satellite, I saw a level 5 hurricane appear. However, it was anomalous in that there was lightning occurring within it. The storm was also centred around where Samurai’s armour was located. With that information, I concluded that Susanoo, being a Storm God, was there with her. However, the hurricane disappeared shortly after the signal for Samurai’s suit went down, so it is assumed that Susanoo was caught within the blast.”

“Hmm… I see. I know what we need to do. First, we need to distract Evelyn. If she were ever to get even a single moment of peace, then there is a possibility Samurai could leak our existence to her. Second, we need to dispose of Samurai. Lastly, we need to recover Susanoo in the hopes he is not dead. Fortunately, I know a way to kill all these birds with a single stone. Robot, call Ares. As much as I hate his guts, I know a way of how he could be useful. Even if he fails, we benefit since he'll be out of the picture.”


Two figures are in the cave of a volcano, one standing, answering a phone call, and the other banging his hammer towards a sword's burning mould on his anvil.

“Who was on the phone?”

“No one special. I just got a tip on where my maid went. As long as I get a body for them, I’d get to have my maid back. A good deal if you ask me.”

“I see. So what brings you to my workshop?”

“Simple brother. I want you,” The standing figure pulled a chain, which was attached to a clasp around a young girl’s neck, “To make a weapon for this girl. Preferably a firearm.”

“A little girl, huh. You sure have gotten worse over the years, brother.”

“Shut it, cripple. Just create the weapon. Despite her current state, this one is a Soldier. One of the best. I can sense it.”

“Always thirsting for battle, I see. Unsightly that you would use such a soldier.”

“You are equally as unsightly, with that amputee girl in that test tube of yours. Where did you get such a thing?”

“A present from a fellow fire deity, Kagutsuchi. It is a nice test dummy for my God-Slaying weaponry, as no one notices when one of those Kami goes missing. The day I kill you all comes closer.”

“Tch. I don’t care about your obsession with ending us. Hurry up and create a weapon for this one. I am about to wage war.”

Ooh. Bad guys. Before I created this chapter, I had no idea what I wanted to do with the Demon. In all honesty, the whole thing where the Demon knocks out Evelyn in the prologue was something I just put there since I wanted to have the coma punchline. Although thinking about it, it wasn't much of a punchline, now was it. Fortunately, now I know what I'm going to do with the Demon.

As for that whole Destroyer thing, wait and see. Although I have plans for her too, like with the Demon, I just wanted an OP character who wore one of those military outfits everywhere in anime. Especially those peaked caps. Boy, do I like peaked caps. In fact, I like all types of hats, but peaked caps are up there on my hat tier list.

Third paragraph.

5