Chapter 25: Under Pressure
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a strange scene going on in the dining room. At one side of the table, I saw Mari (Alleged Genocider) tied up to a chair with a suspiciously glowing chain. I could see tears forming in Mari’s eyes. Mari (Clumsy Maid Variant) and May, who were both wearing police uniforms, were standing by her. May’s uniform looked a bit too big for her, and rather than threatening, which I think was what they were going for, she looked adorable. Mari’s uniform was extremely dishevelled as if she had slept in the uniform whilst on a speedboat. They were also wearing sunglasses, despite the dining room being extremely dark, save for a single lit candle in the middle of the table. 

On the other side of the table were Mara and Mori, both sporting police uniforms and sunglasses as well. Mara had a very evident scowl on her face as she was stood up, glaring intensely at the tied up Mari. She had also set up a dark, flaming aura around her that were stabbing non-existent daggers into Mari. “Tell me where the Riddler is!!!” she exclaimed whilst slamming her fist onto the table. Mari was trying to play it cool with a mocking smile, but I could tell Mari was a bit startled, as her knees were shivering. 

Mori was sitting down, calmly looking at Mari, with her chin resting on both of her heads. Although Mara was trying to play the role of the scary bad cop, Mori seemed more menacing. “Tell us what we want to know, Mari. Don’t worry, this is a safe space, and my partner here,” she looked towards Mara, “will calmly sit down. Isn’t that right?” Mara sat down with no hesitation. Yeah, I think Mori is the scarier one.

“Uh… uh…” Mari looked like she was struggling to speak.

“Let me make it easier. I will list down some people and items, and you will tell us all about it. Understood?” Mori tilted her head down a bit to let Mari make eye contact with her and almost immediately nodded wildly. “Good. First item; Ares’ army.”

“They weren’t there! In fact, neither was Ares!”

“Did you not kill Ares?”

“Huh… Ares is dead?” But that robot clone said Mari killed him. 

“Interesting. Next matter; The Remnant.” Ah, what that clone said when I asked her what Avatar she was.

“I have no idea what that means.” Does no one share any information with this Mari?

“Are you lying? Do we,” she looked over to Mara and made a hand signal. Then, at Mori’s behest, Mara summoned a giant meat cleaver and held it over her shoulder, “need to convince you further?”

“I really don’t know,” said Mari. I noticed her knees stopped shaking, but she’s probably gotten used to this. Either that or she so scared she can’t move.

“Huh. I’m going to be honest, I don’t have any more questions. Do you have any Mara?”

“I have plenty!” Mara stood up and pointed at Mari. “First thing first, Mari, who is the plot twist villain now? Still you, or someone else?”

“I’m clearly the plot twist villain, although I won’t be surprised if it was you Mara. You did backstab me.”

“You’re goddamn right,” said Mara with a smug grin. Did she just admit to future backstabbing? “Next question, did you enjoy the movie night us avatars had last night?”

“Yeah, I did.” 

“Another question. Have you gotten swears out of your vocabulary yet?”

“You’d kill me if I swear, so yes I have,” said Mari, with a bit of sweat dripping down her forehead.

“No further question, your Honour.” 

“Then let’s pack up.” Mori clapped, and Mari (Temporary Police) started to set the other Mari free.

“Wait, wait, wait!” I interrupted their cleanup. They had forgotten one thing. “What about the organization of the other avatars that Mari was previously under?”

Both Mori and Mara, who were in the middle of eating doughnuts whilst walking off, froze, with a face of realisation of them both. I turned to face and approach Mari, who was free from her chains. “Hey Mari, can you tell us about the organization?”

“Sure thi-” before she could continue, her mouth suddenly shut, and she started getting pulled towards the hole in the roof we still haven’t fixed. Mori had instantly jumped above me, wielding her scythe, and slashed above Mari, which led to her flopping onto the ground.

“The roof. Quick, Eve!” She pointed towards the hole, and when I looked towards it, I could see a silhouette. I teleported onto the roof and saw a figure at the edge. It gave me a little salute before jumping off. I ran to catch up and looked over to the side, seeing the figure sink into the shadows. I planned on jumping into the shadows using Mara’s abilities to chase after, but someone holding my shoulder stopped me from doing that.

“Settle down, buckaroo,” I looked around to see who stopped me and saw a man in a suit with the evilest set of demon horns possible, with a devilish grin that I couldn’t look away from, “you’ve got some business to attend to.”

Sorry for not posting for a while. Like I said in the last chapter, I had some studying and exams to do. I'm done with them for now, and as it turns out, it wasn't the last week for the break. It turns out I have 3 more weeks. I'm much more used to the shorter breaks of High School, but I'm liking these longer Uni breaks. Anyways, since I have no exams or Uni, expect chapters every day or every 2 days. It'll like last year, where I pumped out chapter after chapter for like two weeks. This time I won't disappear though. Hopefully.

2