Chapter 55: Stalkers
544 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the air of the forest, a myriad of evenly distributed invisible bugs slowly became visible. As if an unseen symphony had begun, the once-invisible bugs started to dance and gather in a hypnotic display, flowing back into Shino's body from the surrounding forest.

The jonin might have sensed the chakra signatures of Shino's bugs, but there was no way he could have the ability to detect the deadly plague that they were silently spreading!

In his infestation unit, Shino had developed a new variation of the plague by combining different deadly viruses and bacteria.

This airborne strain had a brief lifespan but a swift incubation period of just an hour. The invisible bugs in the forest were the carriers of this menacing disease, capable of spreading it far and wide with ease.

As soon as the bacteria entered the victim's body, it unleashed a potent assault on their immune system. The effects varied depending on the individual's resistance, but on first contact, it would be hard for many to be immune to its infectious nature.

Alas, the bacteria was short-lived and would die out in the host within half an hour or less after being incubated. If the victim survived the duration, the body would remarkably recover naturally, leaving the victim alive but forever marked by the experience.

As for the bacteria's lifespan without a host... it was incredibly brief, lasting only a mere ten minutes before dissipating into nothingness.

But this time was more than enough for Shino!

A devious plan had been set in motion by Shino from the very beginning of the battle, a plan that involved this deadly plague of his own making.

Though short-lived and not too deadly on its own, this airborne plague was capable of wreaking havoc on its victim, causing a weakening effect that left them at the mercy of their attacker!

In a quick-paced battle such as today's, it had the potential to impede the opponent and turn the tide in Shino's favor.

Had the jonin not retreated, he may have succumbed to the plague's effects, leaving him defenseless and at the mercy of Shino… assuming Shino's bugs could avoid completion annihilation at the hands of the join's formidable power.

Needless to say, this deadly super bacteria may sound like complete nonsense in his previous world, but it was made possible in this world with the power of his zerg's infestation pit ability.

With this plague, as long as someone is breathing, they can be infected! As long as they weren't some abnormal ninja with powerful physiques, they will suffer!

Oh, but this world had too many of these abnormally powerful ninjas, some with physiques that render them completely immune to diseases. This wasn't a good world to play Resident Evil...

Of course, hidden deep within the infestation pit, lay even deadlier plagues and viruses with incubation periods of a day or more. While they were not practical for small ninja battles nor effective for powerful existences, they could prove invaluable when used to clear weaker enemies in prolonged wars.

These deadly diseases were carefully crafted by Shino, utilizing the power of the zerg's infestation ability and the assistance of Alina.

They had the potential to devastate entire armies of humans… if there weren't medical ninjas around. Er... the results may be even worse if there was a certain immortal slug on duty.

Well, the short-term airborne variation was enough to give him the upper hand in the current battle. That's what matters.

With a determined stride, Mini Shino navigated through the damaged forest, his piercing gaze searching the scorched earth and toppled trees for any sign of his discarded bug container.

Fortunately, his bugs were very useful scouts, and he located it in a matter of minutes. Reaching inside the container, Shino withdrew a mysterious scroll, its contents known only to him.

With a flick of his wrist, Shino unfurled the mysterious scroll, unleashing a plume of smoke that enveloped his surroundings.

When the haze dissipated, a new swarm of bugs had already materialized on the ground!

At the moment, their tiny bodies lay dormant on the ground, but their slight quiver signified their awakening...

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. One by one, the awakened insects crawled or flew, joining the horde...

Eventually, a dense fog of awakened insects started to swirl around mini Shino, merging together into a cohesive mass. The swarm grew and grew, with their collective buzzing filling the air.

And in a matter of moments, mini Shino had regained his full height, his body now pulsating with the energy of the newly acquired swarm!

As the hunger of his newly awakened insects were conveyed to him, Shino's hand stealthily reached for his drone concealed within the box. Chakra was then transferred from the drone to his bugs!

This mutated drone had the ability to convert biomass into chakra, and it served as a power source for his insect clones during his long journeys beyond the walls of Konoha!

With his bugs energized and ready to do his bidding, Shino swiftly strapped the bug container on his back, preparing for the next phase of the battle.

The hum of wings filled Shino's ears as his bugs conveyed a crucial piece of information: the jonin's whereabouts.

"Found you."

A relaxed grin crept up Shino's face, his eyes fixating on the direction of the jonin's escape.

A prey that he had set his sights on, can he escape? Hahaha...

Step by step, the hunter strode forward, heading into the deep forest to stalk his prey...

The aftermath of the battle left the forest eerily quiet, with the scorched earth bearing witness to the intense clash that had taken place.

Gradually, the sounds of battle dissipated in the distance, along with the buzz of the insects that had gradually dispersed elsewhere in the dark forest. The only thing that remained was an unsettling stillness that seemed to permeate the air.

Suddenly, the earth wavered as plant-like spikes steadily sprouted from the ground, its color a stark contrast to the charred ground.

Forming a perfect circle, their sharp edges slowly reached into the air, as if trying to embrace the moonlight.

Moments later, from the center of the formation, a head emerged, revealing a strange humanoid creature with striking features. Its hair was green, and its face was split in half, with one side black and the other white.

The most peculiar aspect of the creature, however, was the venus flytrap-like extension that wrapped around its head and upper body, serving as a protective shell.

But now, the shell was open, granting the monster an unobstructed view of the battlefield. However, it's sights were set somewhere else...

Looking in the direction that Shino had departed, the monster's half-black, half-white face twisted into a grotesque smile. "Interesting."

38