Chapter 64: Politics
444 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Aburame father and son duo stood in the office before the two advisors. They had been requested to remain for a reason, one they had some speculations about, but neither of them showed any indication of knowing.

The advisors similarly didn't speak up.

Neither side seemed to want to broach the topic, leaving a thick tension hanging in the air.

Finally, one of the advisors, Koharu, couldn't keep it in any longer. "Shino Aburame, we have been observing your skills for some time now. We believe that there is a better place for you to develop your potential..."

A shadow cast over Shino's countenance. Alas, it was as he expected-

"There's no need to beat around the bush, Koharu," Homura continued, his expression serious. "There is a man who is very willing to take you under his wing. He will train you and help you reach your full potential. As long as you agree, you can go to him at any time and become a chunin under his command."

In the depths of Shibi's eyes, shadows of contemplation flickered, "That man's hands have extended too far, hasn't it?"

Homura's eyebrows drew together in a knot of dissatisfaction, hinting at the complex reasoning and doubt that swirled within.

It was a prelude to his authoritative proclamation. "That is not important. What is important is that you understand that if you do not go to him, your qualifications to become a chunin will be withheld."

This was a hidden threat, a dirty machination of politics. Shino knew that the advisors were trying to manipulate him.

Honestly, their method is bordering childish naivety, and he didn't like it.

He had long anticipated obstruction from that man, but the revelation that even the remaining two advisors had been swayed by him sent ripples of unease through his core.

It was a chilling reminder that the roots of corruption had long entwined themselves within the very foundations of Konoha's highest echelons.

This was the true nature of the beams that supported the noble facade of Konoha village, crooked and warped beneath the weight of hidden agendas and secret alliances.

The anime graced the audience with a glimpse of its surface, but only in reality can the nature of matters bloom in its darkest and most treacherous forms.

Fortunately, he didn't reveal his hidden zergs early on. Otherwise, that bad old man's obstruction may have even prevent him from participating in the chunin exam!

"We refuse." Shibi stated firmly, his voice laced with a steely resolve.

"The Aburame clan will not be manipulated or coerced into doing something we do not wish to do," His eyes glittered with a fierce determination as he spoke, sending a clear message to anyone who might try to cross them.

"Though our clan values our loyalty to the village above all else, too many have voluntarily contributed their very existences to the darkness. Shino, as the heir to the Aburame clan, should only contribute to the fire of Konoha, lighting the way forward for the village and the clan. We will not be swayed by political games or underhanded tactics."

With an intricate web of thoughts weaving through his analytical mind, Shino nodded in agreement. "I will be loyal to village and serve the Hokage because-"

"Enough!" Homura interrupted, disappointed with their audacity to challenge the status quo, "Very well. We understand your intentions."

A pregnant pause hung in the air as the advisors exchanged a glance. Komura's voice broke the stillness and dismissed them. "Your loyalty is noted. You may leave now."

Shino and Shibi left the office, their faces still stoic and not showing any emotions, but their gloomy eyes betrayed their inner mood.

Sensing the mood of his son, Shibi put a hand on his son's shoulder. "It's the way of the world, Shino. People in power will do whatever it takes to maintain that power. Don't take these trivial matters to heart. Remember, your loyalty is to the Hokage and the village, and one day, it will pay off. Always keep that in mind."

Shino nodded. Indeed, he knew that he would face many challenges in the future, and he will stay true to himself and his beliefs, no matter what, but...

In the depths of Shino's eyes, a flicker of amusement danced. 

His beliefs naturally had nothing to do with loyalty to Konoha. Heh.

Of course, the proper mood must still worn for others to see, showing how upsetting this incident was, even though he really didn't feel much.

After all, the coveted rank of Chunin, an accolade sought by many, held little allure for Shino. It was a label he could do without, a mere cog in the grand machinery of his ambitions.

While the absence of this rank presented a minor setback to his aspirations of branching out beyond the confines of Konoha, it was but a pebble in the path of his greater design.

In exchange, the delay in his external growth became a catalyst for fortifying his home ground, nurturing the foundations of his power and influence within the village's embrace.

As the hands of time stretched, his web of intricate plans will be woven through the village, catching the possible opportunities here like flies, and one day, the spider will bear its fangs.

And that day won't be far.

31