Chapter 1: A New Friend 
206 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iris's P.O.V 

As Emilia and I stood there, hand in hand, a rush of embarrassment flooded through me, causing my cheeks to flush with heat. Quickly, I released her hand, stammering out an apology. "So... sorry," I muttered, feeling awkward and unsure of how to proceed. 

Emilia's response was soft, almost hesitant, as if she didn't want to let go just yet. "Ahh..." she whispered, her voice barely audible. "I, I mean, it's okay. I like holding your hand. It's warm." 

Her words sent a flutter of warmth through my chest, but before I could respond, Emilia seemed to realize what she had said and let out a little squeal of embarrassment. "Ah, why did I say that out of nowhere! You probably think I'm weird, huh?" she exclaimed, her cheeks turning a delicate shade of pink. 

I couldn't help but laugh at her sudden outburst, finding her genuine reactions endearing. "Not at all," I reassured her, offering a comforting smile. "I understand what you mean. But you seemed to be in a hurry. Are you still good on time?" 

Realization dawned on Emilia's face as she glanced at her watch, her eyes widening in alarm. "Oh no, school! I'm so late," she exclaimed, her voice tinged with panic. "I have to go, and I really wanted to talk more to... Hey, Iris, do you go to school around here?" 

Her question filled me with hope, and I nodded eagerly. "Yes, I'll be starting at a new school around here today, it called Blossom Private Academy." I replied, feeling a sense of anticipation building within me.  
 
Emilia’s smile grew more and more as I answered and look of excitement showed in her eyes. “I go there to.” Emilia replied with excitement before she looked at her phone and showed a surprised look. “Aww I am so late. I have to run, I hope we are in the same class Iris!” 
 
“Me too...” I said feeling a sudden wave of shyness wash over me while looking at her beautiful and radiant smile. 

Emilia started running off to the school, while saying, “See you later Iris!” 

After Emilia went out of view, I felt a sudden appearance of someone beside me, when I turned to see who it was, I saw a woman with medium length light blue hair and light blue eyes, she was wearing a traditional maid outfit, and I immediately recognized her, this woman is my personal maid Selena, she has been my maid since I was born but she doesn't look a day over 20. She is a good maid there is just one problem. 

“Ahh, Iris-sama, made a friend already. She is growing up too fast!” Serena cried out with tears in her eyes, hugging me tightly. 

My face became bright red, as I tried push myself out of Serena’s iron clad hug. “I understand, but please let me down, I can’t breathe...” 

“Ah!” Serena gasped, before letting me go, and continuing “I’m so sorry Iris-sama, I was just so happy to see our shut-in princess make such a cute friend.” 

“Sweet air, how I missed you,” I said as took deep breaths in and out, before I fully registered the jab that was thrown at me. “I am not a shut-in! Now come on I don’t want to be late to school.” 

“Yes~, Princess.” Serena said in laid back tone as we made our way to the town car. 

As we drove through the city, making our way to the academy, my thoughts turned back to Emilia. ‘She was such a friendly girl. She seemed like she recognized me from somewhere, when we first looked at each other. Though, I don’t think we met before; I think I would have remembered meeting a human as cute as her before.’  

While I was thinking of Emilia, we arrived at the academy, I stepped out the town car after Serena opened the door, what met my sight, was a beautiful large campus, with cheery blossom trees surrounding it. 

As I was taking in the sites, Serena tapped my shoulder and said, “I know it is quite a beautiful scenery but we must hurry, or you will really be late on your first day of class.” 

“Ah your right, we need to hurry.” I reply as we hurry inside. While we ran my thoughts drifted back to Emilia, ‘I hope I’m in the same class as Emilia, it would be nice to have someone nice like her with me. I wonder if she made it in time...’ 

Emilia’s P.O.V. 

“Ahh! I made it just in time.” I cried out as I ran through the classroom door. Making it just in time before the first bell rang. 

“Emilia-san, what could have happened to make you this late?” My friend Hiroko Sakura asked. 

I laughed and rubbed my head and answered with a slightly blushed face, “I quite literally met the girl of my dreams this morning on the way to school.” 

“Huh!! What does that even supposed to mean?” Sakura asked with a look that seemed be a mix of surprise and puzzlement. 

Before I could explain my dream to her the teacher Kisame Yuko-sensei came into the classroom and said with a sense of gentle authority, “Take your seat everyone, I know today is the first official day of school but we have a new student joining the class who do to personal couldn’t come during orientation. She is of royal birth, so please treat her nicely and with the upmost respect.” 

“Wow, could she be real princess?” I heard one of the classmates ask his friend. 

“I bet she is really pretty.” I head a female classmate state. 

‘You have no idea, she's not just pretty, she is absolutely adorable.’ I replied in my thoughts, when Kisame-sensei clapped her hands gathering our attention back to her, and that was when she called out, “Hades-sama please go ahead and come in.” 

“Yes Ma’am.” We heard the reply of a girl whose voice sounded as though she was singing without music, and when she walked in the whole class went into a stunned silence from her presence. 

3