1-2 Crushing it Hard
59 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

APRIL 10, 2011—
it is nearly midnight when Taylor begins sneaking from her house.

... coincidentally, it is Shigeo who sees Taylor sneaking away while wearing articles of clothing that he can confidently say is a costume for capes. Shigeo is sure it is Taylor since he has already memorized her presence via his Spiritual Awareness… and gosh… this is clearly stalker behavior on Shigeo’s part.

It is not like he has specifically memorized Taylor's presence though, he has memorized plenty of 'presences' with his psychic abilities.

‘Don’t be discouraged, Mob,’ he admonishes himself. ‘it is not like you peep at her whenever she changes clothes…’ Shigeo promises to never peep at people with his powers because that is what Stalker 101 all about is. Surely, he can do better than that.

Through the window, while he is busy reading a cool manga about a parahuman bald man who can one-punch any foes, Shigeo witnesses Taylor skittering in the shadows intently walking down the blind spots where the CCTV cam won’t reach her.

Shigeo is hesitant, but in the end, he decides against his common sense.

[50% Courage]

He wears a black tracksuit, and a black helmet— stuff that Reigen owns, though they are a bit loose, he uses his telekinesis to create a barrier that solidifies his shape so that he doesn’t look awkward. When he looks in the mirror, he is still a midget, but he has a more defined shape.

………

……

.

APRIL 11, 2011—
12:05 AM.

Stalker? Nope. It is pure curiosity that is driving Shigeo to follow Taylor. The unaware Taylor in an all-black costume inspires that much curiosity from Shigeo.

If you see your crush sneaking from home, surely, you’ll be curious and maybe confront them tomorrow even. But what if your ‘said’ crush is sneaking away from home while wearing suspicious clothing that makes her look real mean and nasty?

Shigeo Kageyama is always careful to hide his true identity as a parahuman, even in a city like America where it seems like everyone has some kind of power. He has been living in disguise for so long that it almost feels like second nature to him. But now, as he follows Taylor from a distance, he can't help but feel a sense of excitement and danger coursing through him.

Using his Spiritual Awareness, Shigeo can sense Taylor's presence within a 20-kilometer radius if he puts his mind to it. He has been keeping an eye on her for some time now, ever since he first saw her walking down the street. She is beautiful and has a kind heart, something that Shigeo can't help but admire from afar. No matter how others look down on her, or how much they disparage her, Shigeo’s thoughts about Taylor won’t change.

As he watches her from the rooftop of a nearby building, he can't help but feel a twinge of guilt. He has never used his powers so publicly before, and the thought of being caught makes him nervous. But he can't resist the temptation of following her and seeing what she is up to.

Taylor is heading towards the docks, a place where the city's unsavory characters tend to gather. Shigeo knows that this is not a safe place for someone like her, and he feels a sense of responsibility to protect her.

Or maybe not. Though there are minuscule response, Shigeo can feel Taylor’s powers churning a great deal of activity. Bugs of all sizes follow Taylor’s command in the backdrop of the yet-to-wake docks of Brockton Bay.

Shigeo's powers allow him to move with incredible speed and agility, and he uses his telekinesis to glide through the air and land on the rooftop of a nearby building, watching, waiting, and thinking for himself how this can go wrong in so many ways.

Taylor cautiously approaches a group of men clearly of Asian descent huddled together in one corner congregating in a makeshift bonfire in a barrel, her eyes scanning the area for any sign of danger.

He can't hear their conversation, but he can see the men eyeing her greedily. Shigeo's fists clench as he feels a surge of anger towards them. He wants to swoop down and protect Taylor, but he knows that he shouldn’t overly worry for Taylor— she is a parahuman, and seems to be strong enough to deal with the hoodlums.

The situation escalates quickly, curses and threats flying back and forth between Taylor and the men until finally, it erupts into violence. Shigeo watches in horror as Taylor fights back, her insects swarming around her, delivering stings with precision. She moves with a fluid grace, dodging blows and retaliating with swift strikes of her own.

Shigeo doesn’t know how good Taylor is, or is it just that the hoodlums are low-level clumsy idiots, and that’s why they cannot even hit one little girl?

Despite the odds stacked against her, Taylor holds her own, her determination shining through as she refuses to back down. She even takes out a can of pepper spray, using it to incapacitate a couple of the men with well-aimed shots.

As the fight rages on, Shigeo can't help but marvel at Taylor's strength and resilience. She may be small in stature, but she possesses a fierce determination that is truly admirable.

Finally, the last of the men retreat, nursing their wounds as they flee into the night. Taylor stands tall, breathing heavily but victorious. She glances around, her eyes searching for any sign of further danger before finally relaxing slightly.

Taylor grips the handlebars of the stolen bicycle, her heart still pounding from the adrenaline rush of the fight. She pedals away from the scene, weaving through the darkened streets of Brockton Bay. As she rides, she controls more insects from her swarm, each one adding to her sense of control and power.

Shigeo watches from his hidden vantage point, his breath held as he tracks Taylor's movements. He knows that she could easily detect him if he's not careful, so he remains as still and silent as possible, blending into the shadows.

Suddenly, Taylor's head snaps to the side, her eyes narrowing as she senses something out of place. She slows the bicycle to a stop, glancing around warily. Shigeo holds his breath, praying that she hasn't detected him.

But then, to his relief, Taylor shakes her head and continues on her way, her focus returning to the task at hand. Shigeo lets out a silent sigh of relief, grateful that he remains unnoticed for now.

He watches as Taylor disappears into the still-dark early morning, her form illuminated by the dim glow of the streetlights.

………

……

.

APRIL 11, 2011—
6:00 AM

Shigeo has always been a loner, keeping to himself and avoiding any kind of social interaction. But now, he has become a totally certified stalker… and it pains him how funny and fucked-up he is if Reigen finds out what he is doing.

For the past five hours, he watches Taylor take down hoodlums, and increase her swarm. In the naked eye, it might not appear much, but Taylor has a lot of insects under her control.

Currently, he is watching Taylor lying prone from a rooftop.

That’s when Shigeo’s eyes land on a man with tattoos over his body, wearing nothing but pants. This is ‘Lung’, the leader of Azn Bad Boys or ABB for short. It has been one of Reigen’s requirements for Shigeo to memorize the appearance and names of the big hitters of Brockton Bay.

‘What should I do?’

Looking at Taylor who is eyeing the dangerous boss of ABB, Shigeo realizes what recklessness may follow. ‘Please don’t do anything stupid,’ he keeps his thoughts to his own while praying for the worst not to happen.

Using his telekinesis to carry him, he glides near an open terrace where Taylor shouldn’t be able to see him. But in a way, he is in a position with an easy access point to interfere if it all goes down into a fight. Shigeo has seen what Taylor can do, she is strong and competent despite being new to this, but he is certain she won’t stand a chance… alone.

Shigeo Kageyama knows Lung. Reigen, his foster father, has made sure that Shigeo knows a lot about the big hitters of Brockton Bay, and Shigeo knows more about Lung than others… especially with them being both Japanese. While it might not appear as relevant, Reigen has worked for the Japanese government for some time, so he knows more about the Dragon of Kyushu unlike the local Protectorate here in Brockton Bay.

As expected, it quickly escalates into a fight. Shigeo can feel through his Spiritual Awareness the fight going on— Lung has exploded into a furious dragon-like monster while Taylor keeps sending more bugs.

With Taylor's inadvertent exposure, Shigeo realizes he can't stand by idly any longer. "I have to do something," he mutters to himself, his heart pounding in his chest. Without hesitation, he channels his telekinetic abilities to propel himself towards the chaos below.

As he descends, Shigeo sees Taylor desperately spraying her pepper spray at Lung, hoping to fend him off. The spray mingles with the flames surrounding Lung, creating a volatile mixture that erupts into a fiercer explosion than anyone anticipated. Panic grips Shigeo as he witnesses the intensity of the blast.

Ignoring the danger, Shigeo focuses his telekinesis on shielding Taylor from the brunt of the explosion. He creates a protective barrier around her, using every ounce of his strength to keep her safe. "Hang on, Taylor," he whispers and shortly realizes he made a mistake.

The explosion subsides, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Shigeo lands beside Taylor, his breaths coming in ragged gasps. "Are you alright?" he asks, his voice trembling with concern hoping that Taylor did not catch on his slip-up.

Taylor nods, but her eyes are wide with shock. "You know my name," she murmurs, guarded more than ever. “FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Shigeo's heart races as he realizes the gravity of his situation. Taylor is pissed, and he's not sure what she'll do next because of his damn mouth. But for now, he must focus on the immediate threat before him.

"Later, first, we deal with this," he mutters, raising one palm and strengthening the barrier covering him and Taylor with a telekinesis-induced shield.

Lung roars in frustration, swinging at Shigeo with fiery fists that fail to penetrate the barrier. "Motherfucker!" Lung's voice booms, echoing in the chaos.

"We will talk about this," Taylor says, her tone guarded as she eyes Shigeo with suspicion.

Shigeo swallows nervously. "Then who are you? Surely, you at least have a Cape name."

"I will find you," Taylor says threateningly before turning and fleeing from the scene.

But Lung's fury isn't quelled. "DIE!" he bellows, ignoring Taylor's departure as he grows larger and more menacing, swinging downward at Shigeo with all his might. The dragon perceives Shigeo as a greater threat, thus his actions.

Shigeo strains, and reinforces the barrier, but it's not enough. The force of Lung's attack pushes him back, and he crashes downwards, the roof beneath him crumbling from the impact. As the dust settles around him, Shigeo struggles to rise, his mind racing with the repercussions of his actions.

“This is going to be annoying…”

[65% Irritated]

Lung peers down from the hole, and breathes fire.

Shigeo's heart pounds as he narrowly dodges Lung's fiery breath with his telekinetic abilities propelling him to safety outside of the building where he is away from Lung’s line of sight.

With a quick maneuver, Shigeo seizes hold of Lung, pulling him downward with a surge of telekinetic force. Lung crashes downwards with a deafening roar, the impact shaking the building.

"No, you don't," Shigeo asserts, his voice is steady. He focuses his telekinesis once more, aiming to keep Lung subdued before he can regain his footing.

Lung struggles against the invisible force, his roars echoing through the wreckage.

"Stay down," Shigeo commands, his tone firm as he channels his telekinetic energy to bring the entire structure crashing down upon Lung. Dust and debris fill the air as the building collapses, burying Lung beneath the rubble.

As the chaos subsides, Shigeo stands amidst the destruction, his breaths coming in ragged gasps. He scans the area, ensuring that Lung is indeed incapacitated before turning his attention to the quickly running Taylor.

Shigeo is about to leave when the ground begins shaking and flying from the debris of the building is Lung in all his blazing glory. Lung looks at Shigeo with anger, and summons multiple lances of fire, and unleash them at him.

Shigeo sighs, his heart sinking at the sight of the incoming attack. "I guess it's not over yet," he mutters to himself, his mind racing as he prepares to defend himself once more.

Summoning his telekinetic abilities, Shigeo forms a barrier around himself, deflecting the fiery projectiles with swift ease. The heat washes over him, but he remains steadfast, unbothered by the level of destruction Lung is unleashing.

As Lung continues his assault, Shigeo focuses on finding a way to neutralize the threat once and for all. "I can't keep this up forever," he realizes, his brow furrowing in concentration realizing that any time soon the PRT might arrive.

With a surge of determination, Shigeo channels his telekinetic energy into a powerful blast, aiming to knock Lung off balance and create an opening for escape. The force of the attack sends Lung staggering backward, his flames flickering momentarily.

Maybe if Shigeo can give Lung a strong enough concussion, he’ll be knocked out and won’t wake up for some time. “I said, stay down!” [82% Losing Patience]


#Mob is a Stalker!? #Taylor Panicking for Real!

5