Chapter 41
198 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anton was woken up by Anna and when he checked the time it was three in the morning. He slept around nine in the evening so that meant that he slept over six hours. He decided he would give his father more time to sleep and wake his family up at around seven in the morning.

In the meantime, Anton remained vigilant to prevent any people or monsters from surprising them. While looking at the surroundings, he was also practicing manipulating the mana of some of his spells. He took a huge barrel from his inventory and filled it up with water using the spell Glacial Spike so his father and sister would be able to use it for washing themselves when they woke up in the morning.

The barrel was huge and when it was filled with water, Anton tested if he could lift it and he was able to even if it were just for a few seconds which was enough for him to put the whole thing in his inventory. His character was level twenty-two since he managed to level up earlier and he put five of his newly earned stat points to vitality and five to strength so it was a given that he was stronger. He added the skill points to Fire Ball so he could use the spell to level up more easily.

After about an hour of guarding and practicing Glacial Spike, he switched to other spells. It was a good thing that he was able to practice even if he was concentrating on the surroundings and drinking stamina potion helped a lot. He decided to drink the potion since he was not planning to sleep anytime soon and the potion did give him a lot of energy.

While he was waiting for morning, Anton discovered another benefit of repairing the items. It came out fully cleaned, meaning they didn’t have to do anymore laundry. He was so excited that he almost woke up his father and his sister but he calmed himself and let his family continue to rest. What he did was to repair all their used and soiled clothing and all of them came out looking new and clean. He was sure that his sister and his father would be pleased when they found out about this new magical perk.

Morning arrived and Anton prepared breakfast for everyone before waking them up. When he woke his father and sister, he told everyone that he prepared breakfast, water for bathing, and clean clothes.

“How did you clean my clothes brother?”

“One perk of repairing an item was they will come out fully clean but take note, if we use something and it became soiled, it doesn’t mean that it would be recognized by my spell as something needed to be repaired so if you don’t want to wash a soiled clothing or item, you will need to break them a little.”

“That is one marvelous spell son. We don’t have to bother washing our clothes which will save us time and will keep us clean.”

“After breakfast, I want to take a bath before I wear my new clothes,” Anna said.

“There’s water in the barrel there and there’s a bucket, dipper, and soap beside it that you can use.”

Before they left the camp, Anton and his family took a bath and wore new clean clothes. Now they really looked like prosperous merchants or low-end nobles. The two huge chests that contained new armor and weapons would help in their front as merchants and one advantage that they had was, that Anders was an experienced veteran and knew the prices of the equipment.

One thing that Anton found hilarious was Anna began acting like a merchant princess and their father just rolled his eyes and let her. The girl kept giving commands to her brother which Anton obeyed using his Telekinesis so it made the girl frustrated although his magic was also giving some sort of fantasy feeling that the girl felt like she was commanding an invisible spirit to fetch things for her.

“Anna don’t get used to that. Once we’re somewhere with people, we can’t let others see your brother’s magic.”

That command from their father made Anna pout a bit. They continued on their journey and the next few days would be on the road since it would take four more days before they arrived at the next village.

Anton practiced his guitar scale on the lute for an hour then played and sang some songs which his father and sister enjoyed. Anna also kept pestering Anton to tell them more fairy tales and to write them in her notebook. She wanted her notebook to be filled with stories so she could read them as many times as she wanted and Anton promised her that he would before they slept later.

They stopped during lunchtime to eat and let the horses rest. Anton also activated the Prayer Aura to heal the horses of any sort of bruises that they might have acquired and the horses looked healthier, their coat shinier. Since his Father and Anna were also affected by the Prayer Aura, they started to look very healthy as well.

Anton’s sister’s skin became smoother and it was turning into the skin of a young noble girl instead of a farmer’s daughter and Anders was starting to look younger than his forty-four years. Anders noticed her daughter's looks were turning into a merchant princess or young noble and Anna noticed that her father was looking younger.

“Son, your healing spell is truly wondrous. Your sister is turning into a princess and you look like a young nobleman,” Anders said to his children.

“Father, you are also turning into a nobleman. You look younger and more muscular,” Anna told his Father.

“I’m guessing that it’s the combination of the mana water and the healing spell,” Anton said.

“The clothes we’re wearing also help a lot,” Anton’s father said.

“Are we not going to be in danger of being apprehended by lowlifes?”

“I do have the wand and I can use it to scare anyone who will attempt to accost us because we look like we have money.”

“Can we hire someone Father? Someone you can trust and will keep our secrets?” Anton told his father.

Anders thought for a bit.

“There was a comrade of ours who retired in the Holy City of Tiande. I will go look for him and hire him or ask for recommendations.”

“How many people are you planning to hire Father?” Anna asked.

“One is safer but two will be more useful to us. It will take us months before we reach the Wizard City of Zalnothel and we do have funds to hire a couple more people and to add more to our coins, we can buy all the worn-out equipment from the villages that we pass through and once we reached a city, we’ll sell the brand new looking equipment.” Anders said excited at the prospect of earning a huge amount of gold.

Anton settled on the idea of his father turning into a merchant which on reflection was much better than Anders exhausting himself as a farmer.

20