27 – The blue One
100 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They returned home. July fell into her bed and stared at the ceiling. Jumping back on her feet, she started pacing. The desire to do somehtin rising again inside her. Was she tired? Had her skills again taken over. She couldn't stay here.Gritting her teeth she sighed. Standing up, she threw the robe over her shoulders and wrapped herself up, taking a deep breath. 

Do you wish to use 'World Wanderer' to enter a random B Rank Dungeon?

Yes/No

Yes

She opened a gate and stepped through it. Her feet landed on cold ground. In front of her was a blinding nothingness of frozen blue. steching out her hands she touched the blue ice. Seemingly endless expanses and quiet peace. The gate behind her closed. She took a deep breath of the cold, crispy and clear air. Then she moved. Running. Her feet thundered on the ice with every step. She didn't know why she felt the urge to grow stronger, what drove her to it. But she did see the use in it. The weak were Prey and would end up as such. 

Further and further, she flew past monsters and drove out the frustration of not knowing from her body. As if the beasts knew not to attack her, they left her in peace as she dashed past them. Her legs burning, her heart beating. 

Noticing she was growing exhausted, which was not a good idea whilst in a dungeon, she slowed down. Breathing harshly, she stretched out her arms feeling better then before. 

There was no one around, and she enjoyed the cold when a feeling crept up her back—the presence of a person. 

July twirled around and stared into a pair of dark blue eyes. For a moment, she was captured by them. Dazzling Blue, she had seen that before. 

He wore a mask like her. Long dark blue hair trailed and trailed after him. He was as montionless as her, standing there and observing. Had it been Tamars place, no he was to small physically, the cave dungeon...possible, the resemblance was uncanny. Suddenly he moved and attacked her. As if she was a monster. 

She narrowly avoided one of the spears. He was mid-air now, she followed, she needed to get close, he was a mage. Gins' way of using the opponent's power against them flickered up in her memory as she stepped on the icicle and then catapulted herself to the next, using them as stepping stones as she narrowed in closer and closer upon her opponent. The other party grew restless, firing more and more during their retreat, but that only sped it up as she grew more practiced and faster. Right before him, she grabbed his staff, wrenched it to turn direction, and with a yell, forced it towards the man who hastily conjured up an ice wall. 

The icicle pushed right past it, and falling, they approached the ground. The man yelled at her. But something was clicking inside her as she stared at him. He was weaker then her, she could easily kill him. Like squashing a fly. 

She was still cold inside. July knew she wouldn't lose a night of sleep if he died. Feel no guild. 'Cold Hearted' made sure of it. But did she want it? 

No. 

They crashed to the ground. July changed the ice  spear's direction, drilling itself past the man into his clothes right at his shoulder. Panting, they stared at each other. July raised her fist and thundered it against the ice shield for a few brief seconds. 

Beneath her lunch, it shattered like glass. The man eyed her when she rose up, letting go of the icicle. "I am sorry," he croaked, and July just stepped back and wordlessly ordered him to vanish. "Really, I am sorry. I didn't mean to. I thought no one was here. I thought you were a mobster." He remained still, looking at her. 

"Go." She told him completly flat. "Just go...before I change my mind." 

"I would love to, but...I am stuck, Miss." He said, and she blinked. Looking at the icicle, it shouldn't be hard to get that one off. It was only halfway on the ice. "Really, I would like to leave before either you kill me or I end up with fish food or ice monster food. But honestly, I am stuck." 

She groaned and walked to him, tearing the icicle out of his clothes and the beneath. Stepping back and folding her arms. "Now you are unstuck leave." 

"Sure...just one problem," he said, and She raised a pointed eyebrow in a gesture she had seen Gin do, was it an appropriate reaction. He turning towards and pointed into another direction. A red circle. "We are stuck, you too," He said, and she briefly wondered. What did her skill 'Luck,y On?' do? Was it there to find free parking?

"We are in this together. Really I am sorry I tried to kill you, thanks again that you didn't kill me. I am Pancakes by the way. Nice meet you...?" 

"July," she answered him, looking at the gate. A red one was a first, so it meant she couldn't or rather shouldn't be able to leave? She could leave opening her own, but not with a complete stranger around. He was not what she expected, either. The blue one she encountered before in the cave dungeon had been other, and he moved differently too—less choppy. 

"July, like July the month. Is it a Nickname?" 

"Same as yours," she eyes him. His accent spoke for itself, and he called himself Pancakes. He was most likely Thai. His looks suggested so too. 

"Yeah, right. You can call me Panny. Most people do." He said and then sighed. "You will probably be the last person to do so anyway. This is a time-difference dungeon. A week in here is like a few minutes outside."

"Oh." That was convenient. At least no one would notice her being gone then. The skill did have some use then. 

"Yeah, that's bad news. Aren't you kind of cold?" he asked her, and she shrugged her shoulders. She was wearing gear underneath the sand-colored coat, so no. It was not cold. It was like Tamar said: warm in cold places, cool in the desert. 

She marched ahead, hearing the man scramble after her. "Hey, wait. Don't leave me, would you." She turned around, raising an eyebrow again. The esture appeared to be the correct reaction to a lot of things and it was easily physically executable. "Seriously, I can handle a few hours alone here. But I ain't my brother, so please, can I stick around." 

"Didn't you want to leave just now? Or rather, I'd love to leave." She didn't bother putting emotional depth into her words, keeping them flat, monotone in tone, as if they were under normal circumstances. 

"Yes....eh, I mean no. Sorry." He took off his mask. An awkward grin on his face. July stilled for a moment. Underneath the mask, Pancakes was a different person. Scar tissue everywhere. From his cheek down till his neck. He wore a high-neck shirt so she could guess it went on. His lips were split by five especially gruesome scars. They looked like claw marks. Followed by a significant amount of small ones. "I am honest, really." He grinned. "See, like this, it's easier to tell if I am lying." 

She opened her mouth, and he grinned further. She closed it back up. "Come." 

 

4