Ch 1.3 Before the Maintenance (3)
372 11 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Most boss fights were bound to become an attrition until the pattern was determined. Sitri’s attack pattern wasn’t clear until the cycle repeated, but at least we knew its capabilities.

A boss monster always had superior stats compared to a player or NPC, meaning a small party was destined to lose in attrition.

‘Since it can replenish the minions, cutting down their number is useless.’

“Status.”

Hans and Carol regroup from the sides.

“Just warmed up .”

“Still good.”

We didn't have a luxury to hang on until next cycle. It was better to take initiative and force the boss pattern.

“Let's charge in.”

“I’ve been waiting for this!”

The giant man clenched his fists in response. If Hans was in another party, he would change first then think later.

'Compound probability of the right front leg attack is lesser than the left.’

At a time like this I felt a relief not skipping statistics and probably classes in university. Who knew that solving math fast wasn't for Asian things.

“Hans, move to the left front leg and wait for the opening. Carol, to another, bait and dodge.

Both NPCs pushed forward without hesitation as I followed from behind.

Sitri and headless minions started moving.

Unlike before, we would be in close proximity to the boss monster which would be dangerous for a mage like me. However, I had to stick to the vanguards to ensure that variables would change towards the intended outcome. 

While we had a means of breaking through the horde, like using powerful skill or magic to make a path, conserving power by choosing the most efficient route from using Eye of Probabilities left us resources to deal with unexpected variables.

<Absolute Focus>

I activated a skill to keep my mind straight in the heat of a battle. 

It was like the mind was freed from a restraint of time. Everything became slow and all numbers had become distinct in my view. 

Where a minion's foot would land, which finger would reach me first, how many headless would come to me—I knew them.

As if a god who could foresee the future.

‘Shoot that guy in the middle, one step to the left, two to the right, then duck.’

<Magic Missile>

Once I shot the closest minion with a magic missile down, several lunged out. I dodged accordingly by a small margin, slipping through tiny gaps.

There was no room for error.

Despite a calm mind, my heart was beating like crazy. A truly unique experience like dancing on a thin line was addicting.

It made me feel alive.

Maybe the previous thought of securing the plan was an excuse.

<Magic Missile>

Before an enemy could lay its hand on Carol, I put a hole on its chest.

‘Let's shock the right shoulder to make the left bait succeed. Ah, slide to 1 o’clock, Shield, I should Blink to there…’’

<Mana Manipulation>

I charged up the mana in my hand and proceeded putting myself in danger.

<Shield>

Diving into the middle of the enemies, I put up a half sphere mana shield surrounding myself.

Monsters had a tendency of going for the weakest prey. Warriors and a mage, it was natural for them to come at me more than those two.

As a result, I was surrounded. Some minions had crawled up to the top of the barrier, leaving a bad taste on my eyes.

‘Why are there dudes more than chicks? Tsk… I have to watch my eyes after this.’

<Blink>

I held long enough to create a blind spot before moving to a location where I could gain a few seconds.

It was long enough to execute the plan.

‘It took around 15% of mana to get into position. Some numbers rose here and there…’

“Hans, look out for the tail. Carol, engage!”

<Lightning Bolt>

A spark shot out at high speed where the leopard leapt to. Although it couldn't inflict a wound on the beast, it was enough to paralyze the right arm.

At the same time, Carol with a pincer attack on the right flank forced Sitri to retaliate with the left paw.

The elf girl stepped back and parried, leaving another side exposed.

Sitri wasn't a fool. It used the carry momentum to swing its tail at the barbarian.

However, it was within the calculation. As soon as the leopard turned, Hans bent down.

“TIME FOR A CATNIP!!”

With an outcry, the barbarian threw an uppercut at the torso with all his might, landing a devastating blow.

16