Ch 1.4 Before the Maintenance (4)
331 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A colossal body swayed from the impact. 

At most, it would damage internal organs. At the very least, it would push the air out of the lungs, weakening its offense before the breathing was stabilized.

A beast type boss monster usually had a behavior similar to an apex predator. With massive differences between statuses, players who arrived on the floor were akin to food delivery.

But once the food fights back, the food will be recognized as a hunting prey instead. 

Until it reevaluated us as a prey, we had to utilize this brief moment to the fullest.

From previous information there was little to no difficulties for Sitri to spawn new underlings. The fact that it didn't hesitate to blow them away confirmed it.

Currently didn't have a means to ignore the replenishable force of the boss monster, considering the uncertain cost and cooldown of summoning minions.

Circling around the leopard would definitely take a toll on our stamina later.

‘The best option is to repeat the same process until Sitri adapts.’

Unlike usual action rpg games marketed towards the masses, Abyss Diver’s AIs were highly adaptable. A same plan would only be effective for a few times.

As I fled away from minions, I looked at numbers on the right front leg. It was still paralyzed.

“Parry on the left and hit the wings”

After a successful hit on the winged leopard, a simple command was enough for two warriors to follow since they became adjusted to the boss' strength and speed.

<Magic Missile>

I shot a couple of weak volleys to draw aggros.

Without interruption from the lackeys, Hans feinted a follow up, tricking the boss to assault. 

The paw was warded off, and soon after, Carol jumped in and launched a counter attack on one of the wings.

We had to keep attacking until we incapacitated the ability to fly.

A thick black blood spurted out from the laceration.

<Magic Missile>

With a foreseen future, I shot a few magic missiles into the pool of blood before the blood completely transformed into headless bodies.

The server will shutdown in 5 Minutes.

‘Damn I shouldn't have logged on.’

Knowing full well before getting into the game that the server would shut down very soon, I couldn't resist the urge to experience the 444th floor.

Regret would only distract me from the fight, so I kept focus looking at variables on the field.

“Don't let it run away.”

Beast leapt back to try gaining a foothold yet it wasn't able to do so because of suppression from the vanguards.

‘Shit! I can't just look at the boss.’

Many of the minions managed to catch up. 

I hoped that both NPCs would be able to sustain without spending too many resources while I was dealing with these guys.

‘There's no safe spot to Blink yet. The boss is busy, so it should be fine to kill some of them off.’

<Wind Blade>

An invisible force dissected many enemies at one. 

“Status!”

There was no answer from two warriors.

I kept dodging and waited for another opportunity to kill dozens of enemies at once.

<Wind Blade>!

More bodies fell down, giving me enough time to glance at the situation on another side.

‘What the hell!?’

In just a few seconds…

Hans’ lower body was on the ground.

and Carol was burned to crisp.

Everything was going fine.

We were cornering the boss. It was clear that we were having an upper hand. There was no high probability of failure. There were no external factors. There were no abrupt changes in numbers. There was not a single possibility for this outcome. There was no f***ing way that those two were going to die like that. 

Yet I was still alive.

‘How?’

I should have already been ripped by the enemies by now.

I looked around.

The headless humans that were previously rushing at me a moment ago were praying on their knees, assembled in lines leaving a path in the middle.

Blood flowed down from headless necks toward the center as if a carpet to welcome something.

Whether my mind was wildered, a shock from failure, or an instilled fear from the spectacle, I couldn't move let alone breathing.

Something descended.

Something I had never seen in this game before.


Damn! I really like Darkness Devil's entrance in Chainsaw Man.

13