Chapter 7: Aches and fleeting thoughts
236 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huff… huff…” I did my best to walk without support.

As of recent, this body’s condition improved quite a bit if I had to compare it to the beginning. Breathing doesn’t hurt, and my knees don’t feel like being crushed under their own weight from walking just ten seconds.

The muscles necessary were slowly being developed through this laborious process of walking; bearing fruit slowly but surely.
If there was something to really complain about, it’s this chest. It’s giving me back and shoulder pains.

I’ve been eating a ton in order to become more self-sufficient. And while “my” body was filling out, I think most of it went to the tits. At least that’s what stood out to me.

‘Maybe this was the original size before this girl ruined herself to this state.’

From my sore shoulders, the unnecessary encumberment, the sensitive pains I experienced during that dreadful period, there was quite literally nothing good about having large breasts.

What’s with these bras anyway ? These designs don’t belong in medieval period. Although I suppose that’s not much of a surprise when considering the high-tech toilet.

“Ugh…” My discomfort soared and pushed them up with my arm.

‘Ahhh… That’s better.’

“Señora, that’s improper. Perhaps you will learn if we reduce the amount of desserts ?”

Cana was as usual, hounding me for my “unladylike” behavior. Can’t do this, can’t do that. I’m slowly going insane, but the threat of my biscuits and pastry being taken away was even more dreadful than the future periods.

“I know, I know. Sigh…” Back to suffering, I guess.

*swwp*

“Ah… Thank you.” Bernez put a shawl over my shoulders.
“…” He only nodded and took a step back as we made way to the dining room.

Bernez doesn’t speak much and doesn’t get closer than necessary, but is attentive. Most of the rooms were well heated, but the temperature out in the halls tends to be lower as the seasons change. All the more apparent as the summer was well and over.

It does feel weird to have a guy following your every step, but became used to it. How should I describe it, having an imposing guard with that cool sword on his hip watching over you feels reassuring.
As I’ve said, he doesn’t speak much, but tends to clear me of anything I could hurt myself with. I felt it was excessive, but perhaps it had to do with the reason this body’s former owner died.

“I” wasn’t told the reason, but I could guess it was suicide from the treatment I’ve received from him, Léon and Cana. As for the other servants around, they’ve been keeping their distance outside their duties.

I didn’t mind, I wasn’t here to make friends anyway. At least they didn’t do something as clichéd as bullying or harassing.
When it came to washing or dressing, they were fast and efficient. I didn’t like it at first, being a 21st century citizen and all. Still, I got used to even that awfully quick as well.

Being pampered like this wasn’t so bad, and it would have been even better had I been a man yet. It wasn't as if they were washing me while being in the nude as well, but I most definitely would have enjoyed their company much more. They were quite pretty, after all.

“Phew…” I took a quick break, looking out the window next to me.

‘Summer truly was over, huh ?’ I thought while observing the movement out there.

It was summer before I went and died as well. I wonder if the colors of autumn filled the leaves back on earth as much as they have here.

‘I wonder if she found the will ?’

I hoped Alex was doing alright and not wasting her time grieving over her stupid, unfilial brother.

“…” The cold glass made me feel melancholic.

The magic and swords were exciting, but I wasn’t sure where my life was heading exactly.

“Señora ?” Cana asked out of concern. Perhaps she thought I was getting depressed again.

“It’s nothing, I was just wondering if I could get to ride a horse sometime.” To be honest, I really wanted to.

So many have come and gone past few days, it made me awfully curious. The only time I’ve ever ridden a horse was when they brought one horse to kindergarten for an event I couldn’t remember anymore.
It wasn’t even that much of a precious memory, but it became stuck in my mind whenever the topic of horses came about. Maybe I just really liked the feeling of it that much.

‘Not that I ever went out my away to seek out that feeling again despite that.’

But I wouldn’t let the opportunity pass this time if I could help it.

“We can try after you’ve built up a little more weight, Señora.” Not gonna shoot me down huh ?

I guess equestrianism was a vital skill for a noblewoman. Great, it seems there is at least one thing to look forward to in those very, very near lessons.

“I think I’ve built plenty of weight…” What do I do if these bags of fat get even bigger ? Do they even do breast reduction surgeries around here ?

“Señora, it’s a wonderful trait to have. Not many are blessed as you are, please be proud of it.” Don’t give me that smile, Cana.

The very thought of being ogled and drooled over gives me the creeps. But I could understand it, as a man.

‘No way would I be able to resist staring, if it weren’t “my” own body.’

“Will father be present ?” That’s what I’m told to call Carlos. Preferably, I’d rather not speak of him with any title or name.

“No, Señor will be busy with important matters in the coming days. Señora won’t be able to see him for a while unfortunately.”
“I see.” Unfortunately ? No, that’s great news to me.

“Is there anything you wished to ask of him, Señora ?” As if I would, Cana. Not anything good, anyway.
“No, I was just wondering.”

I had no idea how suffocating it could be to eat with someone until I got to sit with “father”, so knowing that I could enjoy my lunch was nice.

2