Chapter 3
746 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stuffed the boxes into my inventory, tallying up today's bread and carrot profits. It's been about a month since I got my powers, and life's been treating me pretty well. Yeah, it's been tough, but I've been holding my own. Still scratching my head over how to offload my stash of gold and other goodies, though. The last time I tried, the shopkeeper not only said no but also sent some goons to shake me down.

Took care of those goons, though. Then, under the cover of night, I sneaked over to the shop. Chugged a potion of invisibility and lobbed a splash potion of poison through his window. Watched him squirm for a couple of minutes before the poison did its job. Grim, I know, but hey, he had it coming.

After that, I ransacked his place, grabbed all the good stuff, and torched the joint with flint and steel. Was tempted to get even more creative, like feeding him to a zombie and trying to see if he changed his mind after curing him, but I decided to go for the straightforward approach—poison and fire.

"Vy! Vy!"

Dany's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as she proudly showed off a beetle she'd caught. Couldn't help but grin at her excitement, scooping her up.

"What'd you snag, Dany?"

She squinted, thinking hard. I laugh a little at her expression. "That's a bug. Bug."

"Bu?"

"Bug."

"Bug!"

"Yeah!"

"Ya~"

Her laughter was infectious as I spun her around. Dany was my rock in this crazy world, keeping me grounded. Without her, I'd probably be losing it.

Every day was a new skirmish against zombies, skeletons, and creepers, all while scavenging for essentials. But seeing Dany's smile made it all worthwhile. I might not have read all the books, but I've seen the last season of Game of Thrones. I swore to keep her from going off the deep end.

Even if it meant taking on the big guys upstairs.

Shaking off the heavy thoughts, we headed toward the inn, strolling through the dimly lit streets. We finally have enough money to buy a ticket to take us to Lys, the perfect place to hide among the people.

There is nothing that is attacking us, other than the thugs, while we are here, but I still do not want to take my chance. I would rather go far away from Westeros for now. I know that Lys is still close to Westeros, but I know that I was saver in there as they need to go through Stepstones, which is the nest of pirates, and I know that the Baratheon or Lannister will not use the land route to pass Stepstones and take ship from Sunspear. The reason? House of Martell. They did not have a good relationship with Martell and would not risk going through that place without getting poisoned somewhere in the desert.

This alone is already good enough for me to consider leaving Braavos. This place might be a perfect place to start a business, but at the same time… It is the worst place to stay at the moment. I did not want someone loyal to that fat king to know I was here.

"I found you."

I take out my sword and point it at the dark alley next to me. I equip my armor and prepare to take out my Golden Apple in case the worst happens. Dany hugs my neck tightly as I prepare to let her run away if this person attacks me.

"Who are you?"

I can see a figure coming out of the shadow, and I can see a beautiful woman with deep, burnished copper, unsettling red eyes, and pale, unblemished skin. She wears a revealing outfit that leaves the mind of a man going wild.

"I found you, Azor Ahai. This servant's name is Melisandre, and I come here to serve you."

I look at her for a second before putting away my sword and armor.

"Let's talk in the inn."

"Of course, Azor Ahai."

"Call me Visery."

"Of course, Prince Visery."

I can only groan at her antics and continue my walk to the inn.

===

"Tell me, what do you want? Who are you?"

I look at her while Dany is still hugging me and glaring at her on my lap. She declared she did not like this woman and kept glaring at her since she followed us.

"Of course, Azor Ahai. As I said earlier, I am your servant from now on. You can ask me to do anything, and I will perform it to the fullest. As for my name, my name is Melisandre, Azor Ahai."

Of course. Of course, the burn-happy witch comes and visits me. God. I release a sigh and think for a second. As much as I did not want to admit it, she was the perfect person to visit me at the moment. She might be a sacrifice-happy priestess, but she sees me as Azor Ahai. That means she will obey my word. At least some of them.

"Right. This must be a command from your lord, right?"

"As expected of Azor Ahai. You are correct, my lord."

"Right… Anyway, I don't trust you. Yet."
"Then please tell me what I need to do to gain your trust."

I sigh and rub the back of my head in frustration. I think for a second before an idea comes into my head. I take out a gold ingot and say.

"Take this ingot and sell it for some coins. We are going to Lys to hide from Baratheon or the Lannister."

"Of course! Leave it to me, my lord. I shall not disappoint you."

She takes the gold ingot and bows. She left our room, and I released a sigh after seeing her leave us. Urgh. Why must it be her that finds us? Why can't it be the knight that is loyal to Targaryen?! Speaking of which, where are they?! Gah!

"Vy?"

I look down and see Dany looking at me with a worried expression. I smile at her and pat her head.

"Ah, I am sorry Dany. Don't worry. I am fine."

She only gives me her usual bright smile as I lie on the bed. Melisandre might be a crazy woman, but she is our only hope for getting out of this place without others trying their luck on us.

If you love my work, you can read more on my Patreon, or if you want to help me pay for my medication, you can donate to my Ko-Fi.

22