Chapter 17: Alien’s Abandoned Secret Base
391 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“In the far side of the moon, the secret base of extraterrestrial creatures is located there. However, that secret base is already abandoned but it is still in function.”

“If not for my skepticism as well as great analytical prowess, I would have overlooked the abandoned secret base. It’s located underground and even has advanced alien technology that prevents probing from the outside.”

“Because of that, humanity has been led to believe that the moon is just a normal ball of rock and doesn’t house any aliens. Even when we first met, I thought that was the case. However, it seemed that I was mistaken.”

“Although there aren’t any aliens in the secret base since it has been abandoned, I had teleported inside there and infiltrated the alien’s abandoned base.”

Hearing Sairyoku’s storytelling, Tsukasa felt like she was hearing Sairyoku mention a plot he had for a new sci-fi manga.

After all, Sairyoku was a very famous light novel author and mangaka. Even Tsukasa had read Sairyoku’s works and was a huge fan of it.

Tsukasa knew that Sairyoku was telling the truth about his discovery of the moon’s far side and he wasn’t just telling her about the plot of his unpublished novel.

Nevertheless, that didn’t stop Tsukasa from listening to Sairyoku’s storytelling as if she were listening to an audiobook.

Noticing that Tsukasa was attentively listening to him, Sairyoku continued, “Inside the alien’s abandoned base, I found a lot of servers. But in total, two main servers acted as the heart of the abandoned base.”

“The first server maintains the operation of all the facilities inside the abandoned base. It seems to have been pre-programmed and from what I have discovered, it would send a signal to those aliens when Earth meets their resource requirements.”

Looking at Tsukasa, Sairyoku asked for confirmation, “If I’m not mistaken, the aliens must have visited Earth a thousand years ago, right?”

Tsukasa nodded, “If I’m also not mistaken, then yes. Although I wasn’t present at the time when those aliens invaded, I still heard gossip about it.”

“Those aliens were known as the envoys of the moon and they had arrived at Earth to take back Kaguya. The mikado from that period was my friend. He was the one who gifted me my barrette.”

“That guy was in love with Kaguya and he even commanded his entire army just to wage war against the envoys of the moon. He wanted to protect Kaguya but unfortunately, the envoys of the moon’s existence were like a dimensional reduction blow.”

“From what I heard, most of them couldn’t even perceive the existence of the moon envoys and only Kaguya and a few exceptions could.”

Hearing Tsukasa telling her past to him, Sairyoku already knew about it from the manga but he still asked her, “Where were you at that time? Was it the time when you were terminally ill?”

Tsukasa nodded, “Yes, I was terminally ill at that time. It just so happened that Kaguya used her divine blood to create the Horai. If not for my father Iwakasa acquiring the Horai from the mikado, I would have passed away at that time.”

“My immortality had become a curse and only at this point of my life that I felt that it was a blessing. After all, if I wasn’t immortal, I wouldn’t have been alive to meet you.”

But when Tsukasa realized that she had just confessed her feelings to Sairyoku, she immediately blushed in embarrassment.

Enjoying the cute look on Tsukasa’s face, Sairyoku teased, “Even when you are embarrassed, you look cute, Tsukasa-chan!”

“And I also feel the same. If getting hit by a truck would let the two of us meet each other, I don’t regret it!”

In the spur of the moment, Sairyoku and Tsukasa kissed each other under the moonlight.

After the two of them kissed and confessed their feelings to each other, Sairyoku coughed, “Ahem, where was I again?”

“Ah yes, about the first server’s pre-programmed signal.”

“That signal will alert those aliens and let them know if Earth meets their requirements for resource collection. I don’t know what standards they use for measuring the resources of Earth or a planet, but it doesn’t sound to be good news to us earthlings.”

“As much as I wanted to disable that pre-programmed signal, I can’t since the aliens made countermeasures which prevented that. If I tamper with the pre-programmed signal, the aliens will be notified.”

“My current skills aren’t enough to tamper with their pre-programmed signal since the technology of those aliens is too advanced. But you don’t have to worry about the possibility of alien invasion. After all, my current power is more than enough to perform interstellar travel without any spaceship.”

“I will kill those aliens if they dare to step foot on Earth and ruin our peace.”

Hearing Sairyoku mention killing those aliens, Tsukasa didn’t dissuade him since she wasn’t naive and innocent.

Tsukasa might be very kind, but that didn’t mean her hands weren’t stained with blood. In fact, her kill count was higher than Sairyoku’s by a large margin.

Noticing that Tsukasa wasn’t a pacifist and she didn’t dissuade him from having the intention of killing those aliens, Sairyoku loved her even more.

After he explained the functions of the first main server in the alien’s abandoned secret base, Sairyoku continued, “As for the second main server in the abandoned secret base, that’s the source of your immortality.”

26