Chapter 2
203 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I recovered from the surprise of having a hole in my chest. A blue screen suddenly popped up in my view.

{ Dead (Physically) : You are dead physically but not spiritually.

Nervous : You are nervous and scared cause you don’t have any idea where you are and what is happening,

Touched By The Void : You have been baptized by the energy that resides in the void which gives you vast potential in everything. You have been freed from the limits of a mortal coil. 

You are mysteriously linked to the unfathomable concept of the void, where all things end, and ordinarily, mere contact with this void results in death.

Furthermore, You possess entry to a secluded dimension, out of sync with reality which grows with time, that can be filled with any inanimate object.

You are immune to the natural progression of aging or succumbing to illness.}

It looks like this system can read my intent, so that means I won’t even have to think aloud to use it, very useful I guess..?

But before I could start experimenting with this thing I remembered that I felt something latching onto me that did not feel mine.

‘Was that the system?’

I tried to feel that thing again only to feel nothing in its place.

‘Don’t tell me that the system distracted me for enough time to complete whatever it has done to fool my senses.’

‘Nah, it wouldn’t do it just to fool my senses, it probably did it for its protection so that any other entity couldn’t feel it too…That’s pretty good I guess if this is not some type of parasite wanting to kill me after fattening me up.’

The system can read my intent, so I just thought about knowing my strengths, skills, etc. and another blue screen showed up on the left side of my field of view.

‘Multitasking…? It’s already better than most systems.’

I just thought about closing the status window and it closed. Now, only one window was in front of me.

{ Name: Axton

Age: 25

Tier: 9-A [Can destroy normal walls easily]

Status: Dead(Physically), Nervous but Excited, Touched By The Void 

Skills: Combat Skills Lv.13, Shooting Skills Lv.10}

‘Hmm, Interesting stats but what is the function of this system if it’s not gonna give me stats..?’

As soon as I thought that another window popped up.

{This system can help evolve the body and soul to your potential limit.}

That didn’t solve any doubts I had but it looks like that is all I’m gonna get from it.

‘Now, How do I get out of this Void?’

As soon as I said that, A crack opened up beneath me and sucked me in. After a few moments of blanking out, I fell on a hard surface.

I stood up and decided to first find some clothes as I was currently naked and with a not-very-subtle hole in my chest. I could see that not being able to feel pain had indeed dulled my sense of fear.

Even though I was in an unknown alley, in a world that was most probably not Earth without anything, I was not that scared. I would be safe unless I had truly bad luck and landed in a world where people could attack souls.

‘Let’s hope, I didn’t jinx it.’

I started quietly walking down the alley while watching my surroundings. This neighborhood was weirdly quiet and luckily enough, an empty house was standing right in front of the alley. It was broken in many places but I didn’t have a choice, so I went inside hoping to find some clothes and live there until I found a solution to my predicament. 

‘How Convenient.’

I rummaged through some stuff until I finally found some clothes, an undershirt, a white T-shirt, and blue jeans. After I wore them, I started walking towards a bedroom where there stood a mirror which I found while rummaging through the house. The surface of the mirror was dusty, so I used a cloth that was just kept on the bed to clean it.

To say I looked pale would be an understatement, I looked unnaturally pale. I just rummaged through the makeup and used it on my face and body to hide my paleness. I examined my body some more and decided that I looked alright enough to walk among normal people.

If someone accidentally found out about my paleness, I could probably pass it off as anemia.

‘Stats’

{ Name: Axton

Age: 25

Tier: 9-A [Can destroy normal walls easily]

Status: Dead(Physically), Excited, Touched By The Void 

Skills: Combat Skills Lv.13, Shooting Skills Lv.10}

It seems like my tier was 9-A cause of my body being in the void for a long time. But still, just the 9-A tier doesn’t seem enough to survive it, I guess there’s more to it. During the time I was rummaging through the house, I asked System about the tiers. 

The tiers start from 11-C and go up to 0-A. Every tier has A, B, and C as sub-tiers. It was similar to that VsBattles Wiki I knew about and often visited for some info about characters or more like to fight the battle of ‘Who wins?’.

‘Oh well, enough reminiscing, it's time to find out what world I am in.’

I walked out of the house and started walking down the road in the hope that I would find some clue about the world I was in.

It didn’t take long to come across some sort of market that was not as bustling as it should have been. I did get occasional glances due to my height, muscles and handsome face at least that’s what I would like to think. I walked into it hoping to find some clue which didn’t take long as I saw a flier that had ‘Deadman Wonderland’ written on it.

‘....Am I lucky or unlucky? An undead with almost no blood in a world where people with Hemokinesis lived. Well, at least the power scaling is not bonkers and there is no danger to souls I guess. Oh well, It’s not like I can get a Nameless Worm anyways.’

{Quest: Get Infected by The Nameless Worm.

Reason: It will help in your predicament and the evolution of your body.}

‘So I have quests too. Hmm, Good enough I guess, it’s not the reward or penalty type which is a win. This system feels much more grounded than some cliche systems I read but who knows what will happen in the future so I shouldn't jinx it.’

I started brainstorming on ways to complete the quest but I couldn’t think of something as nothing like this happened in the story. Except for Ganta getting the red gem and as for the ‘Forgeries’, I wasn’t sure about how that worked. Even though I don’t feel pain, I wasn’t gonna let some mad scientist experiment on it.

I knew that I had to get a Red diamond which is a capsule for nameless worms. But I wasn’t sure of where in the timeline I was and I also didn’t know the location of one. From what I know, the nameless worm only infected people in the Kanto region because it cannot survive in an outdoor environment for too long.

‘My memory is really good but not this good, I guess it must be some byproduct of my soul becoming stronger.’

I decided that whatever I was feeling during my stay in the void was my Soul as it was the only thing that made sense to me.

‘I still don’t get how I can move my body though.’

I walked further down the road and reached a park. I went and sat down on a bench and started brainstorming Ideas because that was the only thing I could do right now to get my mind off the topic of me not having a peaceful life anymore and not being able to feel any touch.

“Sigh. You won’t realize the importance of some things until you lose it I guess. I don’t understand how my other senses are working fine but thinking about it won’t do much.”

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t realize a man in his 20s while sitting next to me had accidentally touched my hands and was shocked to find it so cold.

“Mister, Are you alright? Should I call an ambulance?”

I quickly broke out of my thoughts and answered him.

“Yeah, I am alright. No need for an ambulance but thanks for your consideration.”

I was so polite because I was in Japan and trying not to sound like some tourist. I didn’t know Japanese but the system told me I could talk in any language so, here I am talking fluently. The power or perk was not that useful right now but I knew It would help massively in my journey, especially in worlds where powerful magic is dependent on some ancient language.

Since I was trying not to seem like some tourist, I resisted the temptation to ask where I was or anything like that. I was sure that after walking some more I would eventually find some sign denoting where I was.

I sat on the bench for some more time. After I saw that the sun was beginning to set, I stood up and started walking. I did not travel during the evening much because I wanted to avoid people as much as possible. The only reason I got out of the empty house during the evening was because I wanted a clue as to where I was as soon as possible.

After walking however many miles, I finally saw a road that looked like a highway. I started walking until I saw a sign saying “Yokohama 20 Km” on it. The sign was pointing forward so I started running since I knew I had unlimited stamina.

8