Chapter 2
4.2k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''WTF!''

Knock Knock Knock

''Honey, are you ok in there.'' Hearing her son yell so loudly, Antonio's mother stood outside the door with a worried look on her face.

''I'm alright mom. I just saw a big spider.'' 

For a split second, Wesley had lost his composure. Infinite credits? Who would be able to stay sane after seeing that? Checking your balance and finding 10 trillion would be more believable than seeing an infinity sign for a balance.

'Might as well check if it's real right?'

Pulling up the item's catalog, Wesley wasn't surprised by the items in the shop. What did catch his eyes where the restrictions on certain items. Some of the more expensive items had World Restrictions on them, meaning that Wesley couldn't use them in lower class worlds like this one. After scrolling for a while, he found an item that looked suitable for his experiment.

-Dragon's Greed: Provides the user with a storage space that can hold up to 600,000 tons, not including organic life forms. Also comes with a weight transfer option.

-1,500,000C

'A storage space will come in handy in the future.' Wesley decided this item will be his first purchase. When he clicked on the purchase item icon the light inside of the bathroom seemed to amplify by ten times. At the same time, he felt a burning pain in his right arm.

''Aaaargh!'' Wesley screamed in agony as something burned itself onto his body. A bright red mark taking the form of a Chinese dragon appeared on his forearm then coiled itself around his arm reaching his shoulderblade. Gasping for breath, Wesley clenched his arm praying for the pain to stop.

Knock Knock Knock

''Tony! What's wrong? Please open up the door, you're worrying me.'' Antonio's mother stood outside the door again. After hearing her sons screams of pain, she'd thought he might be dying in there. 

''I'm okay mom. I stubbed my toe and screamed to release some of the pain. I'll be out in a minute.''

Wesley clenched his teeth as the pain started receding. He cursed internally, wondering why all the products of higher tier worlds caused so much pain when used. He took his shirt off and looked at the mark on his arm. Seeing the size of the design, he couldn't help but sigh. 'How am I going to explain this to the parents.' He thought.

After washing up and changing into a new pair of clothes Wesley made his way towards the kitchen. Not bothering to cover up the ''tattoo'' on his arm he walked into the kitchen and sat down at the head of the table. Ignoring the surprised look on his Mother's face, he reached for a plate and began stacking it with food. The assimilation with Dragon's Greed drained a lot of his stamina.

Sarah, Antonio's Mother, looked at him with shock. When she saw the huge red tattoo on her son's arm, she was at a loss for words. Luckily her husband, Philip, broke the silence and asked their son about the tattoo first.

''When did you get that? It's pretty cool.'' Philip said with a mouth stuffed with pancakes.

Sarah glared at her husband then looked at Wesley with a complicated look. ''You don't plan on getting anymore do you?''

Seeing his mother's troubled look, Wesley flashed a mischevious grin and decided to mess with her. ''Yup I plan on getting my whole face covered and then I'll...'' Before he could finish speaking, his mom threw one of her flip-flops at him and whacked him upside the head.

She glared at him. ''You will do no such thing. That one will be your first and last.''

Philip started laughing, and so did Wesley. Philip was in the midst of reaching for another sausage when he got hit with a flip-flop too. Wesley felt like he was about to die from laughter after seeing his father clenching his head looking as if he'd been wronged. 

Wesley grabbed a pancake and put it on his mother's plate. ''Mom, you know I was joking, right? getting this tattoo hurt like hell, so rest assured I'm not getting another one.''

''Language!'' Sarah reached for her foot only to realize she threw both of her flip-flops already.

Wesley and Philip started laughing again filling the room with a lighthearted atmosphere. Jake, on the other hand, stayed quiet, watching his family conversate as if he was a stranger.

After breakfast, Wesley and Jake got ready to move into their college dorms. Wesley packed up all the new clothes he'd gotten as a gift and threw them into his car. Antonio had won a black 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee in a raffle a year ago, and although it wasn't completely free, his parents helped pitch in to pay the taxes and insurance. Not wanting to be driven to school by his little brother, Jake saved up his money from working and got a used 2004 chevy colorado. Because Jake and Wesley were going to be roommates, Sarah had all the heavy things put in Jake's truck.

After an emotional sendoff, Wesley and Jake hit the road. The drive there would take four hours, so Wesley stopped by a supermarket to get some snacks. While contemplating whether he should buy Peppered or Teriyaki Jerky Wesley's phone rang,  recognizing the name displayed on the phone he smirked and answered the call.

''Hey Babe.'' The woman on the other end of the phone spoke with a seductive tone. She was Antonio's ex, and if he remembered correctly, they split with no hard feelings and were still close friends. Very close friends at that.

''Hello Cassy. You must need my help with something if you're calling me this early. Trying to schedule a D.A.?'' Wesley grinned. 

Cassy chuckled. ''You wish, creep. Can you give me a ride with you to the campus? My stuff has already been shipped to the dorms, but my mom's car broke down.'' 

''Sure, but you owe me.'' 

Wesley grabbed both the jerky bags and left the store after grabbing a few more snacks and refreshments. He didn't waste time because something amusing was going to happen when Jake reached the campus.

When Wesley pulled up to Cassy's house, she was already standing outside. He rolled down the window and watched her figure as she approached his car. She was stunning. Her long red hair paired with her gorgeous figure was quite the feast for the eyes. She had a few freckles on her cheeks and nose that did nothing but add to her exotic charm.

''You look beautiful today.'' Although those words slipped out of his mouth, he wasn't embarrassed or ashamed. He maintained eye contact and watched her reaction to his words.

She chuckled and opened the door. ''And you look quite handsome today Mr. Wild. Is that a real tattoo?'' 

Wesley wore a seductive smile. ''Yeah. You like it?''

Cassy sat down and got comfortable. She reached for his arm and caressed it, still maintaining eye contact. ''I like it very much. Did it hurt?''

Wesley leaned in, his lips touching her ear. With a deep magnetic voice, he whispered. ''Like hell.''

Cassy shivered. Intoxicated she leaned in closer, bringing her lips to his, but contrary to her expectations Wesley nipped her bottom lip and backed away. ''Tch. Tease.''

Wesley chuckled and put his hand on her thigh.''Not now. We have a show to get to.'' He smiled and pulled off. 

'This is where it begins. Let's see if the protagonist's halo is as strong as the SO's say it is.'

 

_________________________________

 

Ko-fi.com/good_neighbor

https://www.patreon.com/Good_Neighbor

43