Chapter 20: A Business Opportunity
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monday Morning, Alexander went to his classes like normal. But unlike before he took to interacting with his classmates better. He also talked with a few slytherin students who were not in the pureblood camp.

Throughout the morning Alexander came across a variety of different events. One time a hufflepuff senior tripped in front of him and with a swift and elegant movement, like a dance Alex caught the senior and propped her up.

His, “Are you okay?” made the senior blush and quickly walk away after saying thank you. Throughout the morning Alexander stopped being isolated. He dressed more openly, making people spot him more frequently.

Various people greeted him and he saw some students trying to to draw magic circles and there were even a few that were playing around with floating balls of light.

He was also approached that morning by professor Flitwick who asked him if he could borrow some notes on magic circles to which he obliged, providing the professor with some more advanced notes.

“Translation of Spells to Runes, Translation of Spells to Magic Circles, Visualization of Magic circles, Quick Cast: Application of Magic Circle Visualization, these are some of my research results that I believe will pique your interest professor.”

After exchanging a few words the charms professor left with a smile on his face. He did not mind having genius students, in fact Flitwick was greatly elated. If Alexander was like the pureblood families who refused to share his knowledge out because of his own pride or selfishness then maybe Flitwick would have a different impression.

But since Alex was not only willing to share his knowledge but from what he saw, Alex was doing so with great delight. Such a personality was appreciated by the charms professor who even exchanged a few of his own insights and research notes with Alexander.

“If you have time or some questions, feel free to find me at my office! I would love to have a discussion with you about magic!”

The professor left with such words, the few students who saw this quickly spread a rumor that Alexander had the ability near or equal that of the professors.

Fortunately Flitwick was the professor in question which made the charms professor happy and during his class even praised the ingenious third year student.

With his growing fame Alexander found it hard to even get to class so although it was not something he wanted to do. He made use of his elementalization to quickly pass through the great crowds.

During one of the times he materialized he just happened to meet with the Weasley twins, who, without hesitation grabbed him and dragged him to a hidden corner.

“Alexander! Just the man we were looking for!”

“Mate, we looked everywhere for you!”

“Yeah, we even used our most prized possession and found you running in the hallways!”

“Did you know running in the hallways is prohibited?”

“But don’t worry we won’t tell on you! We also run around after all!”

“Yeah, who would believe two delinquents calling out the honor student!”

“Mr. Popular”

“The young professor in the making~”

The two started to talk endlessly matching each others pace as they talked over each other. Knowing this was going to head nowhere unless he did something Alexander stopped them and asked.

“So why were you two looking for me?”

Seeing as they tactic worked, Fred and George began to explain themselves.

“Remember when you brought out muggle food yesterday?”

“And the serious Professor Snape-”

“Said muggle food is not legal!”

“Nor is it prohibited~”

“ “So~ ” “

The twins ender their words together and looked at Alexander with expectant eyes.

Alexander had met a lot of people in his travels, good and bad, greedy and generous. His experience coupled with what he could recall from the short interactions he had with these twins made him have a good understanding of their nature.

When they started talking about looking for him he only thought of a few reasons these two delinquents could ever want to look for him. When they started talking about muggle food, he already understood their purpose.

“You want to start a business selling muggle food? I thought you wanted to start a joke shop?”

As he asked the two who were infamous for selling prank items.

“Call it a side hustle-”

“A way to get money-”

“ “So we can properly fuel our research” “

“Prank items are fun to make and easy to sell”

“But production is too expensive!”

“So we barely make ends meet!”

“Then you come in~”

“We sell your muggle food-”

Their comical and interesting way of talking over each other and together was something Alex didn’t mind spending some time listening to but he was quite short of time. His next class was Defense Against the Dark Arts and he did not want to cause another problem.

“Alright, we’ll split 30-70, I take 30 you take 70. Of course this is only for the income, production cost- i.e procurement of the goods will be charged on actual cost. Is that fine with you?”

After hearing his words the two whispered to each other.

“70-30 on the profits and”

“We’re on the winning side?”

“Is Mr. Walsh an idiot Fred?”

“Maybe it’s his goodwill George?”

“Or maybe he’s just-”

“ “Rich?” “

The two looked at Alexander with confusion but the boy simply extended his hand waiting for them to shake it. In the end the two agreed to Alexander’s arrangement and received a pouch filled with a variety of muggle snacks. 

Mostly it was filled with a variety of soda’s and chips. He also added a few games such as monopoly, uno as well as a variety of snacks from China. The reason why he did this is because he didn’t want Fred and George to lose their name of being a merchant for games.

Moreover, to ensure that the duplication charm was not cast on the item he placed a note on the boxes of the toys that read-

A muggle artifact, not illegal or prohibited, but it is illegal to cast charms on it. Signed by Alexander Walsh.

When Alexander presented the games to the twins the two immediately got an idea for their own “magical” version. Alexander nodded to that idea, then the two tried to rope Alexander into creating the game but he chose not to.

In the end they talked for a few minutes and Alex barely made it in time for Lockhart's class.

“Good morning class! Today we will be learning about~ Vampires!”

Hearing the familiar term, Alexander had a look of interest on his face as he listened to Lockhart.

“Vampires are magical creatures, they are strong, fast and some could even use magic! Based only on that it is easy to see why they are feared by many but! If you read my book…”

Alex thought that Lockhart started to teach properly only to hear him drift of back onto himself. Using his books, which detailed his encounters and battles with vampires Lockhart said a lot of interesting facts but only through listening Alex could already tell that the man’s knowledge was incomplete.

He seems to have encountered a malicious vampire, but based only on that one encounter he saw vampires as a race of monsters. Really now, I could see where the problem lies…

The lecture of Lockhart made Alex had a look of melancholy on his face as he recalled the face of the young vampire he met in Russia. Unlike the monstrous image that Lockhart wanted to show the students, he saw the vampires as nothing more than humans.

Yes, the drink blood, and sometimes feed on humans, others mostly but when their loved ones are killed they cry, when they are bullied they feel sorrow. They get angry when they are attacked and depressed when they are shunned for no reason.

They were simply humans, while wizard are magical humans, vampires were magical humans with some peculiarities. Werewolves were in the same vein, as well as other creatures such as centaurs.

How they turned out the way they did varied but on a fundamental level they were beings who had consciousness.

Sometimes driven by instinct but most of the time they were sane and had emotions much like everyone else.

While he was reminiscing Alexander turned out to have started to dazedly look at his hands. He was playing around with his pen which caught the attention of Lockhart who quickly seized this opportunity to call him.

“Mr. Walsh, from your dazed appearance I believe you also have some experiences related to vampires that you could share? But, alas, as a child I don’t believe you could have experienced such a fateful encounter. So I believe it would be in your best interest to listen to my life experiences as you may use them as a reference once you meet one of these filthy blood suckers.”

Lockhart said as he laughed to make himself look good but what he did not expect was for Alexander to respond to him. Moreover, Alexander had a different aura coming off from him. Unlike the other times when he talked back to Lockhart, Alexander now stared deeply at the professor with deeply apathetic eyes.

“Professor”

Alexander stood up, he was always calm and composed but when he heard Lockhart’s way of talking about vampires he lost his cool. Maybe if he didn’t start to reminiscence about the past, maybe if he did not recall the little girl with red eyes, maybe-

Unfortunately some things could not be redone… and-

Alex walked up to the podium, his eyes locked at the professor with golden hair.

Her suffering was due to bastard who said similar words.

The two were at a deadlock for a few seconds before Alex turned his head and smiled at the crowd of students as he began to talk.

2