Chapter 24: Returning to the East
93 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the week passed by quickly, although he changed the way he acted all that did was increase the number of people he was talking to on a daily basis. He did not completely remove his research, studies and experiments from his daily activities.

Interestingly enough, the muggle snacks, especially soda, were a big hit. At first the professors were skeptical but when Alexander proved that it was a tad bit better than butterbere the professors relented. The secretive smuggling of butterbeer from Hogsmeade was something they were all aware of. 

Comparing smuggling muggle soft drinks and smuggling butterbeer, the former proved to be better.

“At least it does not have alcohol”

Were the words specifically spoken by Professor McGonagall, while Severus looked only for a moment before turning his head away. Professor Flitwick took a sip and developed an interest in it, while professor sprout found an interest in the candies. The rest of the professors all had different things to say about the various products but most of them took an interest in them.

Professor Burbage along with Professor Vector, Professor Sinistra and Madam Pince took an interest in the games of muggle origin. They did not have the magical properties of many wizard games but to make up for the lack of magic came the complexities in the games.

“Uno is both complex and simple at the same time, a game that could be predicted through arithmancy but still relies on the luck of the draw”

Professor Vector said as she dropped a green-one card before declaring.

“Uno!”

But to her declaration came the soft chuckle of a certain infamous professor.

“Unfortunately for you Septima, it appears the powers behind divination is what truly makes the difference!”

Professor Trelawney in her characteristic wild and unhinged garb and personality said as she dropped a wild card that changed the color to red. Professor Burbage smiled as she dropped a reverse card. Then Trelawney glanced at Professor Vector as she dropped a wild draw 4 card.

Seeing this all happen made Vector pout as she drew 4 cards making her have 5 cards from one.

Alexander recalled the scene of the professors playing around with the muggle merchandise and smiled. The week has gone by and the events that he went through were all varied but enjoyable. They were not really groundbreaking or world changing but they were still fun in their own right.

Sometimes, it’s the little things in life that is worth living for…

Alexander thought as he sat under a tree before a small pond.  It was the place where he changed Li Jiayi’s life and also the place they agreed to meet again. Alexander savored the fresh air that blew through the forest and as he did he felt the appearance of multiple individuals.

The boy smiled as he stood up and made a bow as he introduced himself.

“Good Morning! I am Alexander Walsh, Li Jiaiyi’s friend and the person who created the magic circle that allowed her to obtain freedom from her blood curse”

As he said this, Alexander snuck a glance and found that standing before him, beside, Li Jiaiyi were 4 adult women. They all wore tight fitting and eye catching qipao, a slit that ran from the hem of the skirt up to the half the thigh exposed a considerable amount of skin but not too much to make it too immodest.

Over their qipao’s the adult women wore a variety of fur coats and cloaks. The weather was not winter but it was already quite chilly. 

Despite their beautiful faces, Alexander’s gaze was unfortunately glued to their enchanting long legs. Though this only lasted for a few seconds before he quickly shifted his gaze to the cold hard ground.

Shit… I always encountered either old women or kids… meeting with women in their 20’s… the closest I got was with my sisters but their family! 

Alex cursed inwardly as he just now realized that even he has desire. He tried to hide it but this fact was laid bare by the woman in the lead of the group.

“Little Jiayi, your friend here does indeed not see you as a woman, more of a friend but I could understand why~”

The leading woman came up to Alexander and pulled him up.

“Don’t worry young man, your actions did not harm nor anger us, in fact, we are quite happy that you are willing to go to such lengths to help our clan!”

Alex suddenly found himself face to face with a beautiful woman, she looked to be either in her late twenties or early thirties. A bit of make-up could be seen on her face but not too much that it looks out of place. 

Simply lip stick, and a bit of blush, the make-up highlighted her features but did not hide her youthful smooth skin.

*gulp*

Alexander gulped as he felt the woman’s breath, her face was just a few inches from him. Thankfully Jiayi came to his rescue- well at least that was how it should have been-

“Mother! What are you doing?!”

Li Jiayi’s words shocked Alex who quickly snapped back to reality and as he did he felt the woman's hands loosen but that was not the end of his problem. No, it was only the beginning as the moment he separated from Li Jiayi’s mother, his friend came rushing to him, fuming.

“You! You! You perverted freak! That’s my mother!”

She screamed as she tackled Alex and slapped his chest. Alexander defended himself and did not fight back as he simply accepted his fate. Who told him to get seduced by Li Jiayi’s mother?

Though… honestly speaking she is quite… fine.

Alexander glanced towards the four adults and saw that besides Li Jiayi’s mother the rest of the women were all young and mature women. 

Early twenties… hopefully they aren’t married… but-

Wild thoughts swirled in Alexander’s mind but as they did he realized that Li Jiayi stopped hitting him. He turned towards the 15 year old girl whose face darkened considerably.

“Uhm… I can explain-”

“EXPLAIN IN HELL!”

In a hidden land deep within the Kunlun mountains, Alexander stood at the edge of a cliff looking down on the magical world before him.

“This… even Hogwarts wasn’t this amazing”

Alexander said as he turned to look at the mountain peaks behind him. Although he called them mountains they looked more like huge rock formations that pierced the sky.

“They are shaped in the way the Tianzi mountains are shaped”

Behind him Li Jiayi came walking with a smile, she carried with her a basket filled with various chinese snacks. The snacks interested Alex but more than that, he picked up on certain words she spoke.

Shaped in the way Tianzi mountains are shaped? I don’t know what the Tianzi mountains are but your words seem to imply that this hidden world was shaped…”

To his questions Jiayi smiled as she sat at a nearby stone table. She gestured for Alex to sit and following her he sat in front of the girl and as she laid the snacks on the table she began to tell the story of this mountain range.

“In the era of magic, our ancestors along with the various mortal sects and immortal palaces created this hidden world. Using a secretive form of ancient magic, this realm was created, for so long as China exists this realm will never collapse! Unfortunately as time went on, we magical beings and immortal palaces became ostracized by the mortal sects. As time passed our number remained the same while the mortal world expanded to numbers we never could have imagined. 

Then… the war happened, the immortal palaces and the magical clans were slaughtered. The few that survived did their best but ultimately this land was left to our Nuwa clan. The last surviving magical clan in this world.

Though the other clans also have their own people, they survived and were allowed to live on but… at a certain price-”

Alex listened, the ancient magic that built and sustained this magical “hidden world” and the conflicts that ensued. 

Ultimately, like the witch hunts, the magical world of China also fell into secrecy. The existence of the few remaining clans all hinged on family ties and connection built on-

Slavery… the magical clans became magical slaves to the mortal sects and clans. 

“But the legendary Daji saved us… by sacrificing herself she allowed all the enslaved magical clans to vanish into obscurity. She… no her whole fox clan were almost wiped out of existence, fortunately a few survivors were able to leave and go to other countries to seek asylum…”

Hearing her description of the clan of magical fox creatures Alexander recalled a certain clan he met in Japan.

“Are the people of this clan composed mostly of women? Capable of illusion and the older they get the more tails they have?”

Alexander asked, recalling the little fox girl he met at Tokyo.

That little girl was also quite daring… never thought that a simple meeting would lead to a national magical war.

Alex lamented in his mind but his words instantly made Jiayi’s eyes open wide as she asked.

“Where did you meet them?!”

Seeing her reaction, Alexander smiled lightly as he answered.

“They are living in Japan, currently they have a pretty interesting magical government there. The best I’ve seen all over the world, would you believe me if I said that the magical government accepts all magical beings capable of conscious thought as being equal?”

His words caused Jiayi to pause, a smile appeared on her face as she looked at Alex.

“I see… you’ve been all over the world… the only way you could travel the world and not be harmed is by having such an open mind… I now understand why you could talk to me without disgust or apprehension…”

Li Jiayi had a smile on her face but despite being happy Alex could feel the turbulent emotions in her  eyes.

“Jiayi… well it’s not my place to say this but… I recommend you practice magic. Become a powerful mage and meet more people! I promise you, whatever feelings you are having right now are a product of the current society-”

Alexander did not finish his words before a steamed bun was thrown at him. He caught it and thankfully it was not too hot that it burned him but he wasn’t even able to put it down before Jiayi stormed off screaming.

“INSENSITIVE ARSE!”

 Hearing her words Alexander could not help but sigh as he thought to himself-

I should not have taught her slang…

3