Chapter 28: Rush, Annoyance, Fear and Force
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dealing with the matter of Jiayi, Alexander returned to Hogwarts. He “coincidentally” encountered Dumbledore as he was walking from the location where he was sent by the portkey. 

“Good Evening Mr. Walsh, it sure is a pleasant time to take a stroll isn’t it?”

The old man said, but his words had another meaning which Alexander understood.

“It sure is Headmaster, care to join me in my walk around the black lake?”

“It would be my pleasure, this lake has seen a lot geniuses over the centuries, some average others- well let’s keep it at that”

The two, an old man and a 13 year old boy proceeded to walk around the black lake talking about various mundane topics. From the wonders of the muggle world, some interesting things Dumbledore has encountered in his own travels around the world and a few interesting notes on the different types of magic all over the world.

On the surface it was a pleasant talk between an aging headmaster and a genius student personally brought to school by the old man. But the conversation was far from just that, the various subtle ways by which Dumbledore cross examined Alexander was laid bare.

Talking about his own experiences made Alexander have reactions to his own experiences, they were subtle but they still showed. These subtle changes were carefully noted by Dumbledore and Alexander realized what was happening the moment the old man started talking about his “travels”.

After what he experienced in the Nuwa clan, Alexander found himself in what could only be called as a rude awakening.

His previous stints all over the globe were done on the basis that he was exposing his own abilities. He didn’t mind people knowing about what he could do. But now he had to hide it but as he thought about it he realized that hiding his abilities was near goddam impossible in the face of this old man.

Dumbledore, for better or for worse has a title that gives him quite the influence not only in Britain but all over the world.

He has connections that span from the British Isles all the way to Russia ending to the US. The old man was head of the magical world's United Nations for God’s sake. After he defeated and outwitted magical Hitler, a.k.a Grindelwald, he earn prestige that made his name resonate all over the world!

This old fox… he knows what I’ve been doing but has been purposely acting like he doesn’t!

Alexander cursed as he now realized why he really was given the special treatment he had. The reaction of the other professors were warranted and should have been the norm. But the way Dumbledore treated him was proof of how much knowledge the old man had on him.

From my stunts all over the US, to my actions in the middle east… he probably has a list of all my friends and acquaintances! Damn it this sly old fox!

The thought of being caught in the palms of someone was not a good feeling in any way. 

Hopefully he keeps all this to himself…

Alexander thought, but given how the other professors act and how the Ministry of Magic seemed to stay silent even with all that Alex had done. It’s either his acquaintances making some moves or Dumbledore suppressing everything else.

Now that I think about it- the old man did come rushing when the Ministry tried to apprehend me…

With such thoughts Alexander separated from Dumbledore, with what he knew he didn’t even try to hide his abilities as he elementalized turning into a cloud of mist before rapidly heading for Hogwarts Castle.

He saw the expression on Dumbledore’s face which was a regular smile that he was already used to at this point.

Tch- knew it

With that Alexander finally arrived at his room and as he did he started looking all over.

With the current situation its not really that bad for me to play around… but- I’m pretty much going to play into that old bastards game with Voldemort! Damn it! I’m not an MC! How the hell am I supposed to survive the BS that is the Dark Lord who throws instakill spells left, right and center?

The unforgivable curses are powerful, he had his fare share of experience, even getting his was something he already went through. Thankfully the caster was not only bad at Dark Arts, she was also not really THAT desperate to kill him.

One thing that sets the Dark Arts apart from other kinds of magic was the heavy reliance on emotions. Aside from knowing how the chant, wand movement and other basic knowledge on the spells, Dark arts require the user to have a good idea of what will happen and an even stronger emotion, a desire for that idea to manifest.

For example, the cruciatus curse could theoretically mentally impair its target but the level of damage depends on the caster and the will of the target. If the caster of the curse has little to no idea of pain or has hesitation in torture then the spell would be so weak that anyone who is unwilling to feel pain could shrug the curse off easily.

The killing curse, if used with a strong intent to kill it could kill but the question is whether or not the caster has the magical strength and will to overcome the will of the target to live. There are instances of people simply getting a nosebleed when hit by the killing curse and Alexander personally experienced getting a mild migraine after getting hit by an extremely weak killing curse.

What was frightening about the  Dark Lord was his lack of hesitation to take lives coupled with his great magical power led to a monster who could simply walk around casting killing curses on anyone and everyone.

Before Alex was preparing for the off chance that he would have to face the Dark Lord but now he realized that his encounter with the psychopathic murder was a done deal.

I need power

Alexander thought as he looked around searching for anything he could use to get stronger. 

Alas, everything he could see were all long term projects that could even cause him to slow down in improving his combat capabilities.

Dark arts is the easy way but it makes people go crazy, how could casting spells that rely on emotion as strength be good? 

Thinking about all his options a certain white space came to mind.

Damn it! That… I have to use that asshole now don’t I?

Alexander thought with a sigh as he whispered.

“I know you can hear me… I need strength.”

With that Alexander’s world turned white as he was transported to the all to familiar space. But now what he was facing was a shadow in his image.

But the key difference now was that stone door that should have been behind the shadow was now a grand magic circle. Moreover the circle did not have runes or magic circuits, instead it looked to be nothing more than an art piece.

At the center of the magic circle was what appeared to be a-

“Heart?”

Alexander unintentionally blurted out as he looked at the sight before him.

Well you asked for power right? I already know what you want and I got it perfectly for you! This power allows you to slay dragons, create demons, shatter and control time and space all while doing the one thing you say is the worst part about Dark Arts!

Alex looked at the shadow with an expression of confusion but his confusion was answered with a smile as the shadow spoke

Well as much as I want to make things easy for you, some laws need to be followed and power does not come for free~ 

That being said, I will give you all the knowledge of this system of magic! But hey! You haven’t maximized the very first system I gave you! That was a masterpiece you know? Using that system you could completely protect this world but- well it will take time! But, well since you asked I’ll give you this other system.

This one… well it’s singular unlike your first magic system that was an amalgamation of three maybe 5 magical systems? All of which was integrated seamlessly into this world’s magic! But now this magic system… well it’s not fully integrated, just partially. The rest will be up to you! But do remember the amount of information in this system is ten times that of the previous one!

Hahahaha, this one is both simple and complex at the same time! Magic that goes from the most complex spells to the simplest manipulation of laws. It’s quite intriguing and an interesting one to be honest!

Alex did not interfere with the shadow as he listened, he listed down a few questions he was planning to ask but just as the figure was about to finish he said something that made Alex stare speechlessly at it.

Well, with all that said and done off you go then~

“Wait! Wait a goddamn second-”

The boy's voice was drowned out as a mind splitting pain rushed through his head. He didn’t recall what happened next, all that he knew was that a plethora of new knowledge was imprinted in his mind and he woke up on the cold hard floor of his room.

“FUCK!”

Alexander screamed as he woke up punching the cold stone wall.

2