Chapter 112: Climb the snake
625 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: 

Harry Potter and all of its characters belong to J.K Rowling.

I own nothing but the original characters I make.

 

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

-Author notes-

 

Chapter 112: Climb the snake

He could hear the monster's angry hissing noises as it did its best to follow him through a complex series of rock corridors.

Harry could only hope he made the right call when he spotted a broken stone pipe ahead of him and ventured inside it.

He took a close turn that made the back of his broom collide with the walls of the narrow space he was in.

This made him slow down enough for the snake's fangs to almost touch him.

He gave the broom a short "kick" to increase its speed over its limit just for a second and create some space between to work with.

The small arkstones on his rings started to shine as he twisted his body and pointed his wand around the area where its eyes should be.

Three blades were conjured in front of his wand and the steel edges shone with a baleful purple aura. 

During their creation, Harry had enchanted them with a highly corrosive dark magic. Regenerating a wound inflicted by these swords was impossible.

If he could take out the cursed yees, it would make this fight a lot easier.

"Despulso!"

The basilisk had no space to move its head in this enclosure. Its massive body was already too big to fit in the pipes and instead, it was constantly destroying everything around it to open enough space to crawl through.

The three blades impacted different parts of its body. One on its snout, one on the side of its mouth, and the last one was able to pierce its right eye, destroying it completely.

The snake let out a bloodcurdling shriek. It was so loud that Harry was forced to cover his ears.

The monster looked at Harry with its only remaining eye. And then, it started to increase its pace.

Even without looking at the creature directly, He could feel its absolute rage and bloodlust.

He had to put his full focus on flying the broom as fast as it could possibly go just to avoid being eaten.

Another close turn and he was finally welcomed with a gust of cold wind on his face.

"This is it!, I must be close to the outside."

A few more turns and twists, and he was able to the a few rays of natural light at the end of the sewer.

Giving the broom one last kick, Harry flew into the open sky.

Not even a second later, he heard the snake making noises beneath him and by the shadows, he realized that its head was stuck at the end of the tube.

Not wanting to let this opportunity go to waste, Harry aimed his wand at the head of the beast once more.

But when he was about to conjure more weapons to throw, his broom started to shake violently. 

"Come on, not now!"

The runes were starting to fail at the worst possible time.

The basilisk managed to free itself from the rocks by breaking a big part of the mountain. It then looked toward Harry and hissed at him with pure rage.

Harry's broom was becoming increasingly more difficult to control but it could at least fly somewhat.

The snake started to lift its head towards him while bringing its body out more and more.

Harry flew up into the sky, he was now around the same height as the castle.

The monster rose up but was unable to reach him. Despite its massive length, it fell a bit short of his position.

Harry however was not given a moment of respite as his Nimbus 2001 chose this moment to completely give up.

The piece of wood he had been riding, had started to fall down, along with him.

The Basilisk saw this and opened its gigantic mouth to catch him on his way down.

"You don't seem to have learned your lesson yet!"

Harry aimed his wand down. All seven pieces of jewelry started to shine.

"Bombarda Maxima!" 

The explosion sent him flying in a descending path while the creature learned a valuable lesson.

Harry had to use wind spells to slow down his fall and was able to latch onto part of the snake's body by using a sticking charm.

Without his broom to fly around the beast, he will now have no choice but to stick close to it.

"I need to reach it's head…I will be able to kill it then."

Attacking its body was a pointless effort. Even with the power of the seven arkstones, he would be running out of magic before inflicting anything close to lethal damage.

The best bet now was to climb its body, reach the head, and use something to destroy its brain.

With his mind made up, he got to work. He had to use a wandless version of the sticking charm on his hands and shoes to avoid falling.

The snake had started to move and he had no idea where it was going, but it didn't seem to have little interest in the castle, which was quite a relief.

He continued to ascend the body of the monster as this one started to travel through a thick forest, busting everything in its path.

'Where is it going ?' Harry wondered while continuing to move, one step at a time.

The basilisk started to trash around when he got close to its head, it definitely didn't want him there.

It was then that he spotted the sight of Fawkes in the distance and finally realized where the snake was going. 

Since it was unable to kill him, it seems like the creature decided to go after the other people who were previously in the chamber by following their scent.

'It seems like I have underestimated your intelligence… you want to bait me out in the open by attacking them?' 

36