Chapter 122: The visit
594 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: 

Harry Potter and all of its characters belong to J.K Rowling.

I own nothing but the original characters I make.

 

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

-Author notes-

 

Chapter 122: The visit

When he went to sleep that night, he jokingly thought to himself that he was going to sleep for a couple of days at least, but he ended up waking up in the infirmary four days later, according to Madam Pomfrey.

'I must have been more exhausted than I thought.'

He wanted to leave but the healer insisted on remaining for a few more hours at least.

Not even thirty minutes had passed when he heard his sister and Ginny come inside the infirmary.

"No running in here!, young ladies." Madam Pomfrey scolded them.

"Sorry!" The two girls said in unison.

Lyra saw him and hurried to his bed with long steps.

"Hey there.." Harry was somewhat worried about how they were processing the events of the other day. He wished he had been awake to talk with them before.

To him, things like life or dead situations or fighting giant monsters were nothing out of the ordinary, but for them, it was very different.

He didn't know if their attitude towards him was going to change. They could start to become more distant or even afraid of him.

"So Lyra, how ar-"

He could not finish getting his words out when his juster jumped onto his lap and almost crushed him with a hug.

"She has been super worried for you," Ginny said with a warm smile.

"Oh no, I mean, we all were worried!. You have been sleeping for a long time. Four days! Not even Ron sleeps that long, hehe."

"Lyra…" Harry called.

"Mmmm?"

"You are crushing my neck…."

"Ah!, sorry!." She hurried to let go and then he saw her cleaning some tears using the sleeves of her robe.

"Daphne was worried too, but she would never admit it." Lyra smiled.

"The Headmaster came to speak with us on the next morning, after... that day," Ginny said.

"And what did he tell you?" Harry asked. He could already guess what he wanted. He had those conversations with the Headmaster at the end of every year.

"He wanted to talk about what happened that afternoon….you know." Lyra started.

"We didn't want to say much, but the Headmaster already appeared to know everything!" Ginny exclaimed.

"We were worried he was going to get you in trouble. But he promised that nothing bad was going to happen." Lyra added.

"That's okay, I talked with him before coming to the infirmary that day. The Headmaster was told everything that had happened." Harry reassured them.

"That's a relief…I didn't know what we could say to him…" Lyra said.

"But the Headmaster asked us to keep our 'little adventure' as a secret to everyone else." Ginny frowned.

"Right!, he doesn't want anyone to know what happened!" Lyra looked offended.

"Yes, and that would be for the best." Harry nodded. Dumbledore's motives may be different than his own but they could agree on that part.

"But Harry!, you are a hero!" Lyra moved her hands for more emphasis.

"That's right, you saved everyone. You could become famous for his, like 'The Boy Who Lived'...., I mean Neville." Ginny said.

"I have no use or desire for that kind of fame, I can assure you of that." Harry had enough of that in his past life. Nothing good comes from that.

"Ignorance is bliss. Trust me…"

"But…" Neither his sister nor Ginny looked convinced by this. They did not understand why he didn't want to be famous like their Professor Lockhart or Neville.

"Excuse me, Mister Potter." Madam Pomfrey approached his bed.

"The headmaster is here and wishes to speak with you."

"Right…of course he is..." He looked at Lyra and Ginny.

"I'll be out of here in a few hours we can talk more by then."

The girls had no choice but to assent. They could not let the Headmaster wait.

After they left, the old man approached his bed with a warm smile. The wariness from the other day was almost gone. He also had a thick book under his arm.

"I brought you some light lecture." Dumbledore placed a book on his lap.

"You found it…." Harry read the cover. 

"Time and Space."

The title was vague and this book had no author. 

The reason was that the book was more of a compilation of different theories written by many different authors and compiled by several important figures of the ministry.

"Is this the one you were looking for?" Dumbledore asked.

Harry nodded.

"If the answers I seek are anywhere in Hogwarts, they must be in this book."

"Glad to hear. You can have it for as long as you need, but don't let any other student see it."

"Understood." 

"Oh, I also wanted to say that Fawkes had managed to revive yesterday. It seems like he will be making a full recovery." The Headmaster smiled.

"That's fantastic news," Harry said back.

"It is indeed... and on another topic…I have spoken with your sister, Miss Weasley, and Miss Greengrass about what happened the other day."

"Yes, they mentioned it. You told them to keep the whole thing about the Chamber as a secret." Harry said.

"Well, I belie-"

"I agree. Is best if no one knows about this. No need to cause panic for no reason."

Dumbledore appears to be surprised by his words. He was expecting Harry to complain about this.

"Wise words, Mister Potter…but nonetheless, I would like to tell you…thank you for saving Hogwarts, Mister Potter." Dumbledore had his best grandfatherly smile now.

"The world may not know about your deeds, but I will not forget them…and neither will those three girls. I'm looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in the future…" The Headmaster stood up and walked away.

'The future, huh?...' Harry glanced at the book again and read the title once more.

38