Chapter 129: The Duel Part 2
786 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer:

Harry Potter and all of its characters belong to J.K Rowling.

I own nothing but the original characters I make.

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

-Author notes-

Chapter 129: The Duel Part 2

"You don't have a…ohh, I remember that you mentioned it before. Your wand is being repaired at the moment." professor Flintwick said.

"By Merlin!, this is a serious problem."

"What is it? is this contestant not ready perhaps?" Lockhard approached to ask.

"Mister Potter..-"

"Is fine Professor….hold on" Harry walked to his sister's group.

Luna was the closest one to the platform. She was holding her wand over her ear like he remembered her doing during her school years.

Harry knelt down and took the wand out.

"I need to borrow this for a minute, Luna."

"That's fine." She didn't seem to mind at all.

"Mister Potter, you can't just borrow someone else wand and expect it to work for you." Professor Flitwick said calmly. He thought that a second-year student may still not understand this.

"You don't have a wand?, what is this? what a Poor excuse, Potter." Malfoy frowned. Thinking that Harry was trying to run away from the duel.

"I bet he broke it himself to get out of the duel!" Some of the Slytherin students started to laugh.

Harry held Luna's wand in his hand and formed a connection with it.

Most people believe that wands are sentient and choose their masters, but in reality is nothing like that.

Wands are more similar to gloves with very specific measurements.

Once a person finds one that fits well enough, the wand will 'bond' with the user. This is like making the glove adapt perfectly to the shape of your hand, up to the last fraction of an inch.

This will make it so no one else in the world would be able to use that wand like the person who bonded with it.

However, by taking control of your magic, is possible to adapt it just enough to 'fit the glove', and thus make use of someone else wand.

This was no unique ability. Most adult wizards are capable of doing this to a certain degree.

Many advanced sorceries require the wizard or witch to have a great deal of control over their magic and be able to shape it at will.

However, the branch of magic that requires the most control is Transfiguration, and that was something that Harry excelled at.

Having been born with a natural talent for it and being trained by two of its greatest Masters, Harry had taken this branch of magic to another level over the years.

And his control over his own magic was such that even if the wand had a will of its own, it would not be able to distinguish between Harry and its original owner.

A wave of electricity and wind came out of Luna's wand as Harry was holding it.

Professor Flitwick took a step back in shock, for he knew what that meant.

"A perfect match?!, but that wand already has an owner, that's impossible!"

"What was that?!" Lockhart almost fell to the ground.

Draco panicked for a moment and considered if this had been a good idea.

But he reminded himself that at this point there was no going back. He had to commit until the end.

"I am ready, Professor. Are you going to make the announcement?" Harry asked with urgency. He wanted to finish this in an quick but also effective manner so Draco would leave him alone from now on.

"Ah…yes!. One moment. "

Flintwick walked toward the center.

"The rules of this duel are simple. No use of any dangerous magic or any magic deemed illegal by the ministry. The duel will continue until one of the due list is unable to continue or until I, the judge, determine that the winner has become clear."

He looked at both Draco and Harry until they nodded in agreement.

"I believe this duel has some additional stakes…Mister Malfoy?" Professor Lockhart addressed Draco.

" Yes, when Potter loses, he can't talk or be close to my fiance anymore!" Draco announced loudly.

"I'm not your fiance anymore, you blasted…idiot!" Pansy shouted at him.

"And you, Mister Potter?. In case of your victory, what would you demand of Mister Malfoy?" Lockhart addressed Harry now.

"Just don't talk to me ever again…that would be enough. " Harry declared.

"Agreed then, we can commence!. Master Flitwick?" Lockhart glanced at the small professor.

Flitwick held his wand upwards.

"When the light touches the platform, you may begin!"

He cast a ball of light that flew in the air and started to slowly descend upon the platform, right in between Draco and Harry.

When this one was just a few inches away, Draco made his move.

"Densaugeo!"

"Mister Malfoy!" Flitwick shouted. Draco had started too early.

"Cheater!" Several students screamed.

A flash of light approached Harry's face.

He just tilted his head slightly and let the spell fly by him.

Then, he started to walk towards Draco.

Flintwick never made a rule that forced them to remain away from each other.

Draco saw Harry avoid his spell and frowned, but was not deterred.

"Sepensortia!" Draco conjured a big green snake in between them.

Harry did not stop walking.

"Depulso."

With a flick of his wand, the snake went flying back at Draco before it had time to hiss.

Draco screamed in fear as the snake started to wrap around him.

It was a good thing he had learned to cancel the spell this time. Professor Snape made sure of it.

The snake disappeared and Draco let out a breath of relief, but then realized that Harry was getting dangerously close to him.

He didn't know what his oponent was planning and that made him worried.

"Stay away, stupefy!" A red light came out of the tip of his wand and he saw it impact on Harry's chest.

He was about to grin and celebrate his victory when he heard a loud commotion of gasps and shouts.

"W-what is it?!"

37