Chapter 3: Alpha Boar
5.7k 23 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should MC be a psychopath
  • Yes Votes: 350 47.9%
  • No Votes: 381 52.1%
Total voters: 731

 (Open Status)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: VS 300 (LeveL 3> Level 13) Experience: 93/130

Hp: 470/470 (+1) (+200, Level 3> Level 13, +1 Heli point)

Mp: 60/74 (+20, Level 3> Level 13)

Weaponry: M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (LMG) (+1) ( +20 Max Ammo, +1 Heli Point)

Ammunition:  40/40 (240 in storage)

Heli Points: 16 points

Skills: Flight Lvl 5, Accuracy Level 6, Hook Lvl 4, Physical Enhancement Lvl 2, Driving Lvl 2, Rest Lvl 2, Presence Detection Lvl 4, Stealth Lvl 3, Third Person View, Increased MP Recovery Lvl 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week has passed since I came into this new world. I have been hunting goblins non-stop until a moment ago, when I finally came to my senses. 

(Did I really massacre an entire race due to being scratched by a few of them?)

The guilt all came rolling in at once. I felt suffocated despite not having the need to breathe. I lost all reasoning for an entire week due to such a small issue, what is preventing me from repeating the same mistake? That day, I swore to myself, not to lose control so easily again.

(You have learnt Mental Fortitude Lvl 1)

(I hope the souls of those goblins go to a better place.)

I prayed. However, even I knew that I sounded hypocritical. At least, I managed to reach level 13, and many of my skill levels rose too. My mana recovery now equals to my mana consumed while flying at 2 mana per minute. I was considering leaving the forest, but there are too many unknown factors. Would the humans attack me on sight? How strong is an average human? Nonetheless,  I did not want to damage the ecosystem more than I already have. In the end, I decided to raise the level of my skills before leaving the forest. Hopefully, that would be enough to make up for my possible lack of levels. 

Soon, I found out that leveling my skills is an absolute pain. The growth rate pales in comparison when compared to the rate when I was hunting the goblins. Maybe due to my brand new mental fortitude skill, I manage to persevere on, allowing some of my skills to level up. 

[Flight has leveled up from Level 5 to Level 6.]

[Hook has leveled up from Level 4 to Level 5.]

[Stealth has leveled up from Level 3 to Level 4.]

[Presence Detection has leveled up from Level 4 to Level 5.]

I was pleased with myself. The fruits of one's labour sure is sweet. That was when one of my newly leveled up skill, Presence Detection, activated. I immediately shot up even higher and faced the direction of the unknown presence. In the distance, trees were toppling one after another like dominoes, announcing that something was charging towards me. Whatever it was, it was strong and fast, maybe it had Presence Detection too. I activated Physical Enhancement, increasing my defence and damage by a bit for 10 minutes. It wasn't much, but it had to do. I double checked everything and aimed my gun at the presence, which was now within sight. A 4m tall boar charged out from between the trees, which really reinforced to me that I was in another world. Tusks, half a meter long, jutted out from its bottom jaw. Its hoofs scraped against the ground, ready to charge anytime, its eyes following my every movement. There was just one small problem for it however, I was already 10m above ground. I hovered above it, considering what to do. I did not want to kill it, but it was clearly hostile towards me. That's when I noticed a tree flying towards me. I narrowly dodged it, opening fire on the boar which had already uprooted another tree. 

(It's hide is extremely thick.) 

I noted after emptying an entire clip on it, which resulted in a bloodied but otherwise unimpeded boar. At least it dropped the tree. As I was reloading, brown magic circles surrounded the boar, all of them facing me.

(Crap!) 

I took evasive actions without hesitation as rock spears shot at me. One of them managed to snap of my rotor blades in half, dealing 50 damage. With renewed vigour, I once again opened fire on it. Due to receiving damage to my blade, I was slightly more unstable and more of my bullets missed. Luckily, one of them manage to hit it in its eye, causing it to squeal in rage.

(That's it!)

I reloaded and prepared to take out its remaining eye. It could not hit me if it could not see me. Unfortunately, it had entered a berserk state, causing it to summon even more magic circles than before. Even worse, they were now shooting erratically.

{Krsshhkkk!}

The sound of crushing metal could be heard as a spear hit me, dead centre.

[You have taken 162 damage.]

(Shit! My gun got knocked out.)

I watched as my LMG fell out of my nose onto the ground. I now had no means of attack. That's what you had expect me to say isn't it? No, I still had a method of attacking. I uncoiled my hook until it was fully extended beyond 10m and waited. Eventually, the number of spikes shooting towards me reduced to 1 every 5 second, that was when I went in. Due to leveling up my hook, I could control it like an arm. I swung it towards the boar's head. My first attempt missed my target, merely grazing the head of the boar. My second attempt, however, succeeded. The hook had pierced into its eyes. The boar, surprised by the pain, started pulling, and so did I. The hook finally left its head, along with a white orb and a chunk of flesh. Blood started pouring out of the wound like a waterfall, incomparable to the other one which received a bullet. The boar abandoned all thoughts of winning and started fleeing, but I would not let it. Again and again, I swung my hook into the boar. The number of wounds on it slowly incerased.

{Snap!}

The rope of my hook finally snapped, but it was already too late for the boar. It soon collapsed onto the ground, ceasing all motion.

[You have killed an Alpha Boar Lvl 30. You have gained 131 experience.]

[You have leveled up from Level 13 to Level 15. You have gained 6 Heli points.]

[You have reached the maximum level of 15, would you like to evolve? Y/N]

Yes Yes Yes Yes, YES!

 

 

118