Chapter 33 Breakfast with the girlfriends
928 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up half forgetting where I was until I try to move away from the person and I feel like I rubbed the front of my body and honey. Everything feels sticky and I feel almost attached like Velcro to her. Pulling away I get a better look at the area. Looks like a safehouse to me. I pick her up and she’s still out of it. Going through the portal back home I put on some clothes and run out to the vehicle.

 

“Hey Natasha’s still inside and any of my samples are probably bad already. Hand over some vials and I’ll give you some blood to make up for it.” I give the collection team a dozen vials of my blood before I head back inside and make breakfast. About halfway through I remember that Cassandra could have totally been eavesdropping if she used her chi on her ears.

 

Eh, that’s not likely to have happened. What are the chances she was strengthening her hearing the hour or so I had sex. I cook a pound of bacon, some breakfast sausage links, hash brown patties and three eggs for each of us. I butter two pieces of toast before cutting it into triangles and taking both plates while levitating a glass of orange juice and milk onto the table. 

 

The smell must have been enough to wake her as a minute later she comes out in her underwear. She scratches her butt as she sits down and her hair is a mess. The top she brought was practically falling off and she had that zombie shuffle non morning people had. I put on the Keurig before asking. “Any other vices you’d like satisfied?” 

 

She drinks her coffee before looking at the food in front of her and taking a bite out of everything. “S-good.” She says, still half asleep. At one point she pops up for a second before saying. “I got to use this chi.” I just walk over to her and say. “Keep eating, I'll get it for you.”

 

She came a lot tonight but not Cassandra amounts. I finish her first circle and get her to second circle. Then I expand her mana veins all the way before to unlock her chakra points. I explain how to use them and she gets it down quickly channeling them to her fist and punching out. The audible difference in her punch before and after using chi pleased her. We eat in relative silence before she gets up and kisses me goodbye.

 

About thirty minutes after that Stephanie and Cassandra come in. “Cassandra said you were fucking last night. Who was it?” I was washing the dishes so I turned to her and said. “Ah, that’d be Natasha Romanav. I think SHIELD sent her to try and honeytrap me for my sperm to research but she is just having sex with me to grow her own power now.”

 

“Oh, alright then. Where’s all the food at? I can still smell it.” I laugh before saying. “If I knew this was going to be a common thing I’d have saved some for you. Give me a sec to make you guys some.” I cook them the same breakfast but also leave a plate of pancakes on the side for Cass. She mainly ignores it all and goes for the pancakes first.

 

As they ate I remembered. “Ahh, that big guy and Joker were definitely part of The Light. It’s a secret organization of bad guys that want to… Rule the world, I can’t remember what they wanted to do. In the show The Light is from wasn’t very memorable except for the heroes. Really dumb premise involving giving like thirteen year old's covert missions.”

 

She stares at me as if she knows what I’m talking about while eating her slice of toast. “Tim just headed there and that practice still exists. After Lagoon boy died they limited what the titans could do. Anything too difficult and they send in one of the older teams. I’ll have to talk to Bru- Batman about this.” 

 

She texts on her phone and gets back to eating. As she finishes she picks up her phone and calls while leaving the room. As she does so Cass walks over and sits in my lap leaning back into me. “Mmmm. Warm.” I lick some of the syrup off the corner of her mouth and we just stare at each other and enjoy the quiet peace hugging each other for a few minutes. She keeps acting more like a child that wants to be spoiled as she bounces on me while acting cutesy. She gets up and sits back down across from me seconds before Stephanie comes back in. I don’t think Stephanie would have minded too much but Cassandra must still be shy about showing her affection.

 

I was surprised at who I managed to get to sleep with so far. The nurse, Nat, Mary and Cass are people I wouldn’t consider to be my preference but it still somehow worked out. Stephanie, Poison Ivy, maybe Harley Quinn and a Spider girl is who I was going for and all of them were out of reach right now. No, it was more I was only valuable to those who didn’t care about sex and wanted money or power.

 

It was a means to an end for them. I think Cass might be falling for me and Nat is enjoying the benefits I give to her. She perks up eating the last sausage from her plate. “Oh, Batman knew about The Light already. He said they have two on the inside ready to take them down when they go to act.”

 

I asked a question I’ve been dreading. I just hope it hadn’t happened yet. “Shit, I can’t say his name because names have power. Uh the little magical man. Has he split the world into two yet? Split children from adults.” She stopped chewing then swallowed. “It was only a part of North America. Even still thousands of babies died in the process. If it were the whole world I would shudder at the consequences.”

 

Now that I think about it, the world is just more magical and would fight back against evil magic. Plus more heroes working against it would mean less time. Thousands dead is better than the millions that would have died in the show they just glossed over. “In other universes that doesn’t go as well as it did. Millions instead of thousands… I’m glad it happened the way it did. It lets people know how dangerous magic is.” 

 

We sat in silence thinking about how bad it could have been. Even if only 1% had died when Klarion split the world into two dimensions it would have still been 6 million and that’s a conservative estimate on the numbers if I’m being honest. Also splitting the world into two would be drastically different in a third world country compared to America. A three year old might be able to open the fridge and eat some string cheese but one in sub-Saharan Africa would most likely die without a parental figure around.

 

A knock on the door drew my attention and for the first time since moving here I used the ring doorbell to see who it was. “Well that’s depressing. Any chance you two bat beauties can leave me with him. Got something I need to discuss with the man at the door.”

37