Chapter 34 Punisher and Batman
917 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hulking man sat down across from me, the chair creaking from his weight. Once again I was starstruck at the sight of another hero I was a huge fan of. Sitting across from me wearing his trenchcoat and body armor with a skull on it. “Hello Punisher, it's nice to meet you. Hope I haven’t done anything too bad.”

 

He looked at the ladies again and I said. "He probably wants this to be private. No eavesdropping Cass. Actually elffab!” Anyone trying to eavesdrop would hear the sounds of Cassandra moaning and our bodies slapping against each other. They left and he began to speak as he pulled out polaroid pictures.

 

“I’ve been tracking this man for the last few days and wouldn’t you know it just as I get a confirmed sighting of him he ends up dead.” The pictures he showed were of the brutally killed 100 member I butchered. Pictures of blood covering almost the entire house with a puddle covering most of the hallway where I killed him. The man was a leaker for sure.

 

“Now who would have guessed that someone I had also been keeping tabs on showed up at the scene just before he was found dead.” He pulled out pictures of a tv with surveillance taking pictures of me just before I entered his house with a lockpick set visible from the camera. 

 

I could only smile. “All circumstantial unfortunately. Sure I could have not killed him in front of a girl I was on a date with letting him get away so I could kill him later when she wasn’t around but. Who’s to say I just didn’t want to have a chat with him and someone else showed up and killed him with an impossibly sharp sword.”

 

I stood up and walked over to the sword. Picking it up I placed it on the table. He looked at it questioningly before dragging it across his forearm with just the weight of the sword itself digging into his flesh. “Woah boy that’s a sharp son of a bitch right there.” Before he could bleed all of my table I chanted. “Tink.” Closing his wound before more than a few drops of blood could leak. 

 

“That’s some cool tricks you got there. I mainly came by to test your personality, you know see if I had to put you down.” I just smile at him and say. “Nope, never killed an innocent in my life and I just have to say big fan of your work. The new series of yours was spectacular, I got goosebumps reading it the first time when you fought all those crocodiles in the pool.”

 

He had a big smile on his face now. “Alligators but yea that was pretty badass. I’m glad someone else saw me take down that drug lord. That shit was crazy. Alright then if you act up and kill anyone innocent I’ll be back here.” He stands up and I stop him. “Take the sword please. It was one of my earlier works and it’s already chipping. I’ll need to replace it soon but you never know when you’ll need an impossibly sharp sword.”

 

He wavers for a moment before grabbing the sword and leaving. I walk over to the door and open it letting Stephanie roll on the floor. “What were you talking about? I couldn't hear anything.” Cass just looked slightly mad and embarrassed. “Not. Nice.”

 

I laugh and say. “Nothing important. Just business is all. I gave him a magic sword.” That sword I gave him was a mixture of metal forged sloppily and fast with barely enough power to keep the sharp enchant running on it for a year before it broke down. It would get more use from him than me.

 

Fuck, he fights vampires with Blade in this universe sometimes I should have got the sword blessed. Whelp, good luck I guess hope that shit still works. Smaller knives with the same effect made more sense. The way I made that sword was spare materials, making four similar knives would have probably been smarter.

 

I hear a knock at my door again. I actually get angry before putting back on my mask of indifference. Answering it, I'm surprised by the sight of Bruce Wayne. We go through the same routine with him asking what exactly happened dancing around him finding the dead 100 members in front of Cass and Steph. He was upset I had murdered but couldn’t let it be known he knew it was me. 

 

Well, with him here… “Hey can I ping around using your boom tubes so I can teleport to those locations later. I’m looking for these three specifically and can’t say them out loud because two of them are date locations for Steph and me.”

 

He gave me a smirk and we headed back to the Wayne mansion. It’s a quiet ride in his supercar. With him being outed as Batman it didn’t make sense for him to ride in a less defensible vehicle but at one point a drink was thrown at his window. He shook it off like he normally would and I can only say. 

 

“Have you thought about quitting for awhile? If you take more shifts on over watch at the Watchtower people will forget about it sooner. I’m surprised you didn’t move Alfred there if I’m being honest.” He looks at me through the mirror and I can tell he’s angry at what I just said. I just told him. “You’re only human Bruce… Besides people attacking you through your businesses you have to know they’ll try to get to you through your family.” 

 

I spoke up again. “You know… In the comics you don’t really teach Stephanie anything, she’s Robin for a few months then you take that position away. She tries to prove herself to you and dies in the process…” I don’t have to say more. As one of the smartest people on the planet he knew he fucked up.

40