270 Bring Some Joy Into Your Life
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three of them soon reached the theme park and after securing a spot at the car park, they made their way over to the entrance, queuing up to be led in.

Yao Ai’s eyes were shining and she wasn’t thinking about Li Ming’s exes or future girlfriends whatsoever anymore. No, now, her whole attention was on the park in front of them. "I can’t believe we’re really doing this!"

Duan Zhi Hao looked at her with a goofy smile before he cleared his throat and restored his serious expression. Really, she reminded him so much of his sister. Actually, maybe he should’ve taken her along. She’d be angry if she found out that he hadn’t. Welp, he’d better not mention it in front of her.

Li Ming also smiled but didn’t say anything. Anyway, right now, there was still quite a bit of time until they would be let in. Even though they had come early, it wasn’t like they were the only ones with that idea. It couldn’t be called packed yet but the lines were already too long.

Thinking of that, he turned to Duan Zhi Hao. "How about I’ll pay for the tickets? You’ve already driven here so it’s only fair if I take over something else." Usually, they would split the costs for Yao Ai’s portion but driving here had needed Duan Zhi Hao to be focused all the time and it would also cost him money in gas. Factoring that in, he had already paid more than enough. Especially since he was also the one who would have to drive them on the way back.

Duan Zhi Hao actually didn’t mind either way. "Should you do this considering you currently don’t have a job?" If this was him, he would already be anxious. Yes, he took the time off to take a course every now and then but that was basically a vacation time that he scheduled. And since the new year was approaching, he had figured that now was the perfect time for that.

On the other hand, Li Ming was in a different position. He didn’t have something to go right back to. He would have to find something as soon as he had finished whatever he wanted to do in terms of courses.

If this was him, he really wouldn’t be able to take it. And he especially wouldn’t allow for any unnecessary financial expenses. Paying for somebody else … He definitely wouldn’t do that. And since he himself still had a well-paying job, he felt like he would be taking advantage of Li Ming if he accepted. He would even be alright with paying for all of it.

Li Ming shook his head though. "No, it’s alright. You know, I do have some savings and I don’t think I’ll be out of a job for too long." He might not have mentioned it but yesterday’s talks with Bian Huan and Si Tao had really helped. And he had a feeling that after he saw his mother again tomorrow, things might turn out even better. So maybe in a few weeks, he would be back in shape and looking for a job again. Anyway, he didn’t want to take too long of a break in-between jobs.

Duan Zhi Hao gave a hum and nodded but inwardly promised himself that he would volunteer to pick up the bill whenever they had to pay for something inside. Anyway, just as Li Ming had mentioned, the food would be expensive.

Also, with Yao Ai, it was completely possible that she would see something that she would like but then worry about the money. And even though she wasn’t his sister, he kind of felt like doing her a few favors where possible. Ah, this was the life of an older brother, you just couldn’t see a young woman your sister’s age and not feel the slightest bit protective of her and her happiness.

While everyone was occupied with their own thoughts, they soon made it up to the front and then walked into the park. Well, Li Ming and Duan Zhi Hao walked. Yao Ai seemed to be injected with chicken blood and immediately rushed ahead to take a look around.

Duan Zhi Hao turned to the side and raised his brows at Li Ming. "Sometimes, I wonder if she’s eight instead of eighteen."

Li Ming raised his brows as well, feeling that when it came to these things, they shouldn’t judge too harshly. "Is that the old man in you speaking? I think it’s good if you are excited about something. Doesn’t matter what it is. But that kind of joy, I think everyone could use a bit more of that in their lives."

Duan Zhi Hao sighed deeply and put a hand on his chest. "You hit me right where it hurts. Well, let’s go then. We shouldn’t stand in more excited people’s way." He trailed after Yao Ai and even though he wasn’t as outwardly excited as she was, he was still looking around.

Li Ming followed as well, his gaze wandering about just the same. Seeing the garlands around the trees and hearing the festive music coming from the speakers, he couldn’t help but think that coming here together with Mo Fang would’ve been lovely.

This was probably a really romantic spot for couples, especially when it got dark in the afternoon and the lights were turned on. At that time, strolling through the streets of the park while holding hands should be a nice feeling.

But, well, having a day of fun with your friends also wasn’t too bad. There was always something in life to look forward to and you could find joy in everything. That was something he needed to remind himself of every now and then as well.

0