140 He Deserved a Reward
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Mo Fang was busy upstairs, Mister Mo trotted into the kitchen. Sitting down at the table that he had already set for two, he couldn’t help but sigh. Come to think of it, his wife had also left for almost a week by now. But she had also disappeared without telling him before the fact. He had only found out that she wouldn’t be there to eat dinner together that day when he had finally bothered to call her.

In a sense, he really couldn’t blame Mo Fang for being like this. If you grew up seeing this kind of scene regularly, wouldn’t you assume that it was the normal thing to do? In any case, it was no wonder he had grown up to be this capricious.

Well, what was a man like him to do? He loved his wife and he also loved his son. He really couldn’t bring himself to say any harsh words to them. Especially his wife. If he tried, she would probably just threaten him with divorce again. He’d rather not hear that another time. Thus, he could only grit his teeth and try to deal with it.

In any case, after she had enough of traveling around, she would definitely come back. Hadn’t it always been like this? And as for Mo Fang … Ah, he had no idea who this new boyfriend of his was but he was sure that he would be better than the last one. If he wasn’t … well, then this whole thing but just start over.

It would be nice if Mo Fang could actually meet somebody who treated him well and settle down with him. That way, he would have one worry less. But in any case, it was already good that he finally had a stable job. If he kept with this, then no matter the situation in his private life, at least he would have money to support himself in the future. That was still the most important.

Thinking things through like this, Mister Mo finally got up, put away the other set of dishes, and then sat down to eat alone. Maybe he should just call some friends to go out the next few days. At the very least, he would also have some company then.

Meanwhile, Mo Fang had arrived in his room upstairs and made himself comfortable on the bed. "You called almost immediately after I was through the door. Did you miss me so much?"

Li Ming chuckled. "I did. I’m not going to deny it."

Mo Fang laughed at that. Even though he had been sure that Li Ming had missed him, it sure was nice to have a boyfriend for once who wouldn’t just huff and puff when being asked such a question and instead admit to it immediately. After all, saying this was basically praising him, right? And who wouldn’t like to be praised?

Since he felt that Li Ming had done very well just now, he deserved to be rewarded. "I also missed you terribly. And I should have gone home with you instead. Being all alone here is really too sad after we just got together yesterday."

Li Ming laughed. "Isn’t Boss Mo home? Then at least you’re not alone. Look at me: I actually returned to an empty apartment."

Mo Fang gave a hum. "Well, whose fault is it? I said we should spend more time together. But you didn’t want to. What can I do now?"

Li Ming didn’t take it seriously. They had already had this talk before and he knew how Mo Fang was thinking about it. "Well, just having this call with you is already helping quite a lot. So let’s just speak for a little longer. If you don’t want to, I could understand though." In any case, it would probably be awkward to be at home with his father while talking with his boyfriend on the phone. Especially since Boss Mo had sounded a little angry. It would probably be better if he went and spent some time with him instead.

Mo Fang didn’t have that kind of consideration for his father. "Why would I not want to? In any case, wasn’t I the one who insisted that we should at least have a call if I can’t go home with you? Why would I suddenly pull back? I might be a bit spontaneous but not in that way. I am the good spontaneous kind."

Li Ming laughed again. "I can imagine. In any case, I’m looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow. Do you have a special wish for what you’d like for breakfast?"

Mo Fang pursed his lips, inwardly feeling happy. Clearly, Li Ming wanted to show off his skills, didn’t he? Then, he should let him! "Well, how about making what you’re best at?"

Li Ming raised his brows. "Oh. Well, I think the thing I’m best at probably wouldn’t be that great for breakfast. But I’ll look what kind of breakfast food I can generally do well. Then I’ll just go with that, alright?"

"Alright. In any case, I’m sure whatever you do, it will turn out tasty. I’m really looking forward to it."

Li Ming chuckled in return. "I hope you are not looking more forward to eating my food than actually seeing me."

Mo Fang gave a hum. "Well, I’d say it’s a close call but you are still a little more important." In any case, while he did enjoy the good food, he could also get that at a restaurant. As for a handsome guy that he could do some other things with … well, that was slightly hard to get. Especially one that had so many good things going for him. Speaking of which … This was probably the moment where he should see how well Li Ming dealt with spending time together like this. "How about watching a movie together?"

"Sure. When?"

"Right now, silly! We’ve been talking the whole day. I feel like I won’t be able to think of anything good to say right now. It’d probably be nice to just do something where we won’t have to think so much. So how about watching some silly comedy? We can both turn it on and then talk about it on the phone. Just say whatever we can think of."

Li Ming raised his brows but finally nodded. "Sure. Do you have one in mind?" He wasn’t quite sure how exactly they were supposed to do it. Just choose something that was currently on? He really didn’t know what would be on television right now. And he also wasn’t sure if any of that would be to Mo Fang’s taste.

"Don’t worry. I have exactly the right thing for us."

Thus, Li Ming soon received a video file from his boyfriend. What he found himself watching … turned out to be not just any comedy but a romantic comedy instead. And, as he probably should’ve expected, it was a gay one at that.

1