Chapter 23: Too Many Things
287 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

| Mission Defeat Gualthern: success |

| Rewards: 50 gold, 1 special token |

| Gualthern has surrendered. Do you wish to destroy the token or transfer it? |

 

"Transfer token"

 

| Silver ranked base token acquired, half the base's blueprints awarded. |

 

When the notifications sounded in his ear, Jay promptly sheathed his sword. The reason he wanted to make sure the settlement surrendered before the blue-furs arrived was due to a particularly useful effect you would get when a camp surrendered.

 

All surviving citizens would have the 'Blind follower' specialty for 1 week. In this week they would be particularly vulnerable to other cultures and habits. Additionally, they would not have any thoughts of betrayal in this period of time and be absolutely loyal.

 

Thus when the notification sounded out, all of the Iceborne around him simultaneously kneeled acknowledging him as their Lord. The blue-furs acted the same way, kneeling for him.

 

This way of subduing people also did have a negative effect. Anyone who was still loyal to their town on surrender wouldn’t remember many of the things of their previous time on planet hope. 

 

Thus he could only get information on the town itself. After a bit of questioning the situation came down to this: Gualthern was a town that every noble in the capital wished they could go to. But at this point, the fact that they couldn’t offend these brightly-colored nobles was still deeply engraved in their minds.

 

Most of the other information he gained was quite useless. He did learn however that only the blue-skinned Iceborne could breathe underwater. Furthermore, the Iceborne wouldn't die in warmer areas, they were simply scared of walking on the grass. Apparently, on their home planet giant worms lived under the surface of the earth and hence even when they arrived here they didn’t dare walk on grass.

 

Glad the matter was this simple, Jay decided to take all of the surviving Iceborne back to First City. In the end, he had gained 25 soldiers, 20 kids, 10 regular adults, and 30 blue-furs who arrived only when the town was already lost.

 

Thus when they got back to First City their population instantly doubled. And even though this was mostly a positive thing he also had to be very careful of this.

 

In the next week, he had to make sure the Iceborne were sufficiently integrated into their culture, something that proved easier than expected.

 

The Iceborne loved that they could see the trees from closeby and even feel the grass, both things that were considered forbidden in their previous group.

 

The very first day Jay already had the Iceborne following along with the others, cutting trees and building buildings. When it was the evening he also decided to have them trained together with the human soldiers.

 

These days Geralt also had to help out since the group of soldiers was a bit too large for General Green to train on his own. The training they got now was a lot better then what they got at Gualthern, where the General wasn't much different from themselves in strength.

 

Meanwhile, the blue-furs were trained personally by Jay and old man Von Hauser, enabling them to get their first bit of mana before the week was up. Unknowingly to Jay the use of magic was also heavily forbidden in the Iceborne culture.

 

And so after 7 days something that Jay never even considered happened. Over half of the Iceborne had developed the permanent ‘Blind Follower’ trait.

 

At first, this utterly confused him, but after a bit, he realized why this happened. Other then the Iceborne simply having a better life here, the culture was also vastly different. Using magic and walking on the grass went directly against their previous culture and hence they could no longer see themselves as regular Iceborne. Other then this there were also the other people that lived there. Many of the people had the ‘Blind Follower’ trait, this was something many of the Iceborne copied.

 

And so, he could relax. Since over half of the citizens had the 'Blind Follower' specialty, he was sure to hear it as soon as somebody planned something malicious.

 

Satisfied Jay entered the magic tower. Surprisingly the Half-Elf he had taken from the goblin nest a few weeks back still hadn't fully grown, it seemed like its Elf genes were a lot stronger than its Goblin counterpart.

 

The girl really just seemed to be an elf with green skin. At this point, she only seemed to be around 5 years old yet she showed none of the ugly facial features goblins had. Instead her face looked very even. This together with her ears which were clearly elven made her look like a different sort of elf.

 

At this point, Jay was planning ahead. This world had 2 sorts of races. Firstly there were the natives, these were creatures like the goblins with overall low intelligence that wouldn't start a technologically or magically advanced era by themselves.

 

Secondly, there were intelligent races such as the Humans and the Iceborne. These races arrived here in all sorts of odd ways. Each of them had a number of main cities and the help of the system giving them missions every now and then.

 

The humans were the most recent and final addition to Planet hope. With main cities in nearly every region other than those that only had an ocean and the ones in the depth of the Icelands.

 

Each of the races had 1 thing in common. They all wanted to have their race prevail and conquer part of the world. Since the Iceborne came here about a month before them, it was likely some of their stronger lords have already communicated with each other. Additionally, since the place he took didn’t have any important resources nearby their main base should be a fair bit stronger.

 

But at this point wasn't too worried, since the Iceborne didn't allow themselves to walk on anything other then ice and stone there wasn't much they could do without cursing their culture.

 

He did tell the miners to be extra careful even though not enough time had passed for the Iceborne Lord to be alerted. The resources of the town overall were quite bountiful. They had missed out on a bunch of lightstone that was transported the previous night but there were still a bunch of resources. From magic crystals to F grade weapons and armor, they had a bit of everything.

 

Since he had already taken the silver token any building built using blueprints would slowly be devoured by the ice in the next few days. He did get a few somewhat handy blueprints, one was a dormitory and the other were the icy walls, something he valued immensely, even if it could only be built in icy regions it was as strong as a stone wall and could be made as high and thick as you want.

 

When he looked at his gold right now his eyes started tearing up. This Iceborne town had a staggering 300 gold causing him to have a total of 900 gold coins. Even though he had no idea why this small town had so much gold in its treasury he didn’t trouble himself with that right now.

 

It was now that he realized they had so many things they had to do! He had to build a new base using the silver base token. Defend and properly conquer the ruins in the forest. Start the production of boats. Go shopping for more magic books and get the materials required for the warp gate.

 

It certainly didn't seem like he was going to have a lot of free time anytime soon.

9