Chapter 26: Pangea
268 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When building a second base there were many things he had to consider. It couldn’t be too far away from his current base, this way there wouldn’t be any problems sending reinforcements or resources over. 

 

Secondly, it had to have a proper use. It would be a waste of a silver base token if he just put it in a random spot and let it grow slowly. In this case, he wanted the base to do 2 things.

 

The first of these was a defensive bastion. If First City ever got attacked from the north he wanted this new base to be a defensive bastion that could stop them. The second thing he wanted to use this base for was attracting Iceborne. 

 

Since the Icelands were currently the territory of the Iceborne and he also had a bunch of Iceborne as his population, if he made a base in the Icelands some of the ‘spawned’ should also be Iceborne. This would be especially useful for infiltration.

 

The last requirement for a new base was that it had to have room to grow. It needed to have resources nearby that could help them.

 

Due to that last requirement, most people would immediately rule out the Icelands, after all, there were no trees whatsoever, so how could they even build there.

 

But well, thanks to his last life, Jay knew better. If someone built a market in a different biome, biome-specific buildings would appear. Since they were in grasslands with a forest nearby they had wooden blueprints for sale. If he had built his base in the ice, instead he would have blueprints utilizing ice.

 

Additionally, he had already gotten some of the basic blueprints from the base they captured earlier. And so, he first bought the marketplace blueprint, costing him 30 gold. Then the town prepared for migration.

 

For now, he decided to take a third of the town’s population. Most of these being Iceborne with the ‘Blind Follower’ trait. Other than this, some of the human miners were also taken since they had built some resistance against cold at this point.

 

And finally, the 2 giants and Geralt came along too. After some consideration, he decided to build the town 10 miles north of First City. The main reason for this was that this way if the new base got attacked the area announcement would be able to reach First City. 

 

There were a few more reasons he picked the Icelands. He wouldn't be seeing many humans, thus concealing his total strength for his direct competitors. And he would have a bunch of magical treasures for himself since the Iceborne didn't use magic. This meant the Icelands were treasure chests for mages.

 

Once the large group of around 40 people and 2 giants arrived at a hill around 9 miles away Jay placed down the silver box. He had picked this location for a few reasons. Other than being within the 10-mile range and being easily defendable there was something else.

 

If they built at ground level there was a chance that some of the blue-furred Iceborne would be able to drill into the town from underneath. Since he built it on a hill this danger would disappear.

 

| User has placed down Silver base token, do you wish to proceed with the creation of a new base? |

 

"Yes, I will call it, Icy village"

 

Satisfied with his incredible naming skills Jay took a step back.

 

| Icy village has been created, user now has more than 1 settlement, that would the user like to call their territory? |

 

This was obviously something Jay had thought about from the start. In the end, he decided to name his territory after a supercontinent that existed on earth hundreds of millions of years ago called ‘Pangea’.

 

"I will call my territory Pangea"

 

| Pangea has been created |

 

Satisfied with the location his men quickly started building, they had obviously taken enough wood and other resources with them to create the market immediately, and so after waiting for about an hour, the market had risen up.

 

Jay immediately bought a bunch of the blueprints he didn't have yet, this included the barracks and basic house blueprints. In the end, he also bought the Mansion blueprint and decided to build one of those. After all, he didn't want any other force to think they were a poor village that could be easily bullied.

 

After just a day a handful of houses had already been built and the icy wall was also under construction. Everything was going exactly as scheduled.

 

The next day a joyous event happened. After hearing the Lord had a need for magical items and materials 1 of the blue-furred Iceborne remembered the location of such a material nearby. A few hours passed before he returned with a very important magical material within his hand.

 

This was the final material required to build the Warp Gate. Something which would allow him to go to the Main City amongst other things. And so he had to leave for First City once more.

 

He gave Geralt 100 gold for blueprints and materials and told them he would send architect Gariel over as soon as he finished the shipyard blueprint. And so, just a day after leaving First City he was already back.

 

After assuring the others everything was good, he headed to the wall between the inner and outer city. Just next to the regular gate, they had placed the warp gate blueprint. On top of it were all sorts of items required for building this object.

 

When he placed the final crystal on the stack the materials quickly sunk into the ground. As it would still take a few hours for the Warp Gate to be fully built he dead towards a certain warehouse. Said warehouse held a bunch of Lightstone, which, as you might have expected, is a sort of magical stone that emits light.

 

He had already put Lightstone all around the perimeter so that guards would see enemies approaching. Other than this, some Lightstone was placed near the barracks. He forbid the use of this material in any other place in the city. 

 

The only exception would be the lending of Lightstone for merit points. He did this because he wanted his citizens to sleep or train at night instead of drink and things of the like. And as his people also seemed to like this, there wasn't anyone who complained about the arrangement of Lightstones.

 

A few hours later his interspacial ring was full and the warp gate was built. It looked exactly as one would expect. A large circle which one could easily walk into. The ring around it was filled with a bunch of mystical symbols and a crystal on the very top. When Jay walked up to the portal, the mystical symbols on it started glowing.

 

| Does user wish to use the warp gate? Cost: 5 gold |

 

After agreeing a blue veil covered the previous hole in the portal, the longer someone looked at it the more they would see. It looked quite similar to the rifts back on earth. It was as if there were an endless amount of destinations within this thin blue veil.

 

After walking into the thin veil his vision abruptly changed. He now seemed to be in a white room from top to bottom. Before him was a screen showing a few options. The first option was 'Teleport to the nearest Main city'.

 

The second option read 'Connect to another warp gate'. He wouldn't be able to do this since he didn't have permission from anyone to enter through their warp gate right now. Something that was required.

 

The third option was a greyed out box stating 'event teleportation'. And finally there was the option reading 'Home connection: additional cost: 1 special token'.

 

Despite looking forward to using this final option, he clicked the first one. It was time for him to increase his influence.

9