Chapter 51: The Trap
162 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Iceborne army consisted of strong men, all of them wearing F grade armor and wielding decent weapons.

 

Most of them held spears with a sword thrown in here and there.

 

Jay was surprised when he saw the armor was all graded even now. After all, armor was harder to make than weapons and they took more resources. It seemed that whatever fish the scaley armor was made of, it wasn't that rare.

 

Jay was laying down on top of a hill, silently spectating the events happening in front of him.

 

The 300 Iceborne marched forward in unison. They took a lot of space since they left 1 meter between each Iceborne, spreading them out like that while remaining in formation.

 

This formation slightly surprised Jay, it seemed they really had found a way to defend against the ballista, if only they had assumed this formation earlier he wouldn’t have been able to kill a dozen with a single spell.

 

The trebuchets were yet to be seen, it was clear that they would bring it up to some hills and fire when the battle started, similar to last time.

 

The first to attack was Icy City. The Ballista shot out multiple of its shots, the formation the Iceborne army used worked wonders, each shot only managed to take out 3 to 4 people, a lot less than expected.

 

When the Iceborne arrived 50 meters in front of the first wall, a few of the troops raised a flag. This method of conveying information was as primitive as it was effective.

 

Soon after the flag rose, 2 trebuchets came out of hiding, being pulled on top of small hills some distance away.

 

At this distance they would be safe from the ballista, the catapults, however, were a different thing altogether.

 

The trebuchets on top of the hills turned towards the wall surrounding the hill, after a few shots a part of this wall crumbled leaving a large hole for the army to go through. At this point the catapults had yet to be revealed, the Iceborne thought that with how they were set up currently the Giants would be the biggest problem, both literally as well as figuratively.

 

Once the army had all gone through the hole the ballista ran out of shots, they had already used up 3 full magic crystals and the ballista itself couldn't take much more right now.

 

The Iceborne themselves suddenly got slightly worried. Each of their trebuchets had hit a Giant at this point yet neither of them had fallen down. This surprised them since the intel they got said that a single trebuchet shot should be sufficient to make a Giant lose balance.

 

However, this obviously wasn't enough to make them lose confidence. They believed that they outnumbered the enemies 3 to 1, other than this they also had the support of multiple trebuchets.

 

But soon after this, the trebuchets stopped firing, confusing them. When they looked back they were stunned to see the destroyed trebuchets in the distance. The 2 hidden catapults quickly took care of them.

 

Just as the Iceborne army decided to climb onto the next wall, their hearts sunk.

 

Behind them a number of people were entering the hole in the outer wall, they couldn't see how many there were in total but they would number at least a hundred.

 

Just as they thought this couldn't get any worse, rocks fell from above, the catapults on top of the city walls had started firing, the Giants also started closing in, with large rocks of ice in their hands.

 

For a few moments the Iceborne had no idea what to do, some moved to engage the Giants while others moved their backs against the wall to evade the catapults.

 

It was now that the commanders made their moves.

 

2 figures rushed towards the Giant quickly. Both of them had obnoxious yellow fur and high-quality spears in their hands.

 

Their movements were quick and decisive, reaching the Giant before he had an opportunity to stop them.

 

Both of the spears got thrown upwards harshly, landing right into the Giant's eyes, the Giant let out an agonizing howl before falling backward, thrashing around in the ground, with pitiful sounds coming from his mouth. He scratched at his eyes desperately, causing the wounds to open even further until he eventually just seemed to give up and die in a pile of his own blood and piss.

 

Both sides reacted very differently to this.

 

The Iceborne cheered as they seemed to regain some of their lost courage, preparing to engage the army behind them while the combined army was angered immensely.

 

A faint bit of red could be seen in some of the soldiers' eyes, almost as if awakening some sort of bloodline.

 

The duo that killed the Giant was soon surrounded. Surprising them immensely. One second they killed one of the enemies' main forces and then suddenly 3 experts showed up!

 

Jay could clearly see through this young duo. The color of their fur showed that they should be from the same noble family.

 

At this point, the 2 weren't looking towards their troops, nor to their opponents to see how they could defeat them. Instead, they looked towards the north, showing their desire to escape.

 

Jay got angered by this dishonorable desire. How could they think of escaping without even engaging their opponents first!

 

At this moment he whistled, this was the sign for attack.

 

General Green, Geralt, and Jay attacked simultaneously while bodyguard Gustel stayed back in case they tried to escape. Yet what chance did they have? Not only were Jay and Geralt stronger than a regular Tier 1, but all 3 of them also had sword intent, this caused for a massive divide in terms of strength.

 

The battle only lasted for about a minute before 2 mangled bodies fell onto the ground.

 

When they looked behind them the fight was also finishing up, the 50 remaining survivors surrendered when they saw the corpses of their commanders.

 

This battle was a complete victory, now it was time to start preparing the attack. After finishing off this army it was time to attack the Iceborne capital, and finally finish this war.

6