Chapter 69: Ooooh it’s the funny sex number hahaha, much funny
249 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay remained quiet as he checked his wounds. Luckily his right arm was still alright otherwise he truly wouldn’t know what to do.

 

Since this meant he could still use magic things weren’t completely hopeless.

 

At first, Jay intended to see if there was a way he could scale the mountain, since he now knew the alphas remained below the mountain they might be able to counter-attack, then when they killed the alphas the betas should also perish lessening the pressure greatly.

 

But this idea was soon put out of his head. In his current condition, climbing the mountain would be impossible, and even if he did manage to climb up, it would take an extremely long time. By the time he got up, it would probably already be too late.

 

At this point he saw another alpha to his right, he too simply went ahead and sat next to the others within the crevice.

 

With limited mobility, each of his options had a great deal of risk. His first idea was to grab onto one of the betas and ride it up. But not only was this extremely risky as betas constantly fell off the mountain after losing their footing, but it was also very possible that once he actually latched onto a beta it would recognize him and try to kill him.

 

Jay wasn’t an idiot and as such he obviously realized why they weren’t attacking him. Either it was because of the slime on his body, something that came from a beta’s innards, or it was because the betas had been directed to head up the mountain and kill the humans there and so they simply went to blindly achieve their goal.

 

Either way, once the alphas saw him the betas would probably instantly start attacking him. With this in mind, he started making a relatively simple plan. He wanted to try and kill all the alphas at once using magic. If they all died then many of the betas would surely die, but if even 1 survived they would swiftly direct their betas to attack him.

 

At this point in time, Jay felt incredibly happy he didn’t decide to try and learn Ancient magic instead of the regular sort. If he did then not only would he be unable to cast magic in his state since he was too wounded and concentrating would be too hard but he would also have to speak up loudly alerting the alphas.

 

But well, even regular magic needed concentrating, certainly the more powerful spells. Hence in this scenario, Jay couldn’t lay down, not only would he not be able to easily put his hand forward towards the target, something that was a necessity, it was also a lot harder to look at and focus on a target you can barely see.

 

Hence with this thought in mind, he slowly raised his upper body, moving into a sitting position. Meanwhile, he nervously looked in the direction of the alphas, hoping they wouldn’t look his way.

 

This time, lady luck was truly on his side. None of the Alphas even glanced in his direction as they were busy conversing. When Jay fully sat up he put forward his hand and focused. Right now he wasn’t trying to use a spell he got from a book, but instead used one of his own.

 

Attempting to make your own intermediate-grade spell wasn’t an easy thing and even though Jay did have a decent amount of theory books, not many of them were intermediate grade, and even those that were weren’t easily comprehended.

 

In a normal situation, he truly would be unable to make such a spell, but this wasn’t a normal situation.

 

The red sun shone upon him and the earth around him, enhancing magic utilizing darker elements.

 

Most of the magic he was used to didn’t belong to such an element, but in fact, there was one spell he used more then any other that was.

 

This, of course, was the stone spikes that would come out of the ground. Thanks to this spell he had a decent amount of interaction with the earth element. Liquidating earth or rocks and then turning it into a physical spike that would shoot upwards wasn’t that simple, but it was something he was rather good at.

 

Nonetheless, he obviously wouldn’t be able to kill 8 alphas with a single spell. Even if he was in top condition, he would certainly have to use both magic and martial prowess to take out such a number. But well, this wasn’t an arena where you had to fight fairly.

 

Jay’s hand extended not towards the alphas but the mountain above it.

 

They were, after all, sitting within a small cave. This might shelter them from the betas that tumbled down but in truth, they couldn’t have picked a worse spot.

 

Glimmers started appearing on the rocks about 2 meters above the ceiling of the cave. The alphas didn’t notice a thing until the very moment their world collapsed…. or well… their cave did.

 

The ceiling didn’t start crumbling, nor did it shake. Instead the entire thing fell down at once. If someone looked from a spectator’s perspective, it was like the ceiling simply came loose from the mountain above. The ceiling fell at once making it so that some of the alphas wouldn’t even know what they died of. Now a new cave appeared about 2 meters above where the last one was, yet this time the ceiling was super smooth, similar to the very top of the mountain.

 

At the very same time, dozens of betas within Jay’s sight died instantly something that would cause the pressure of those atop the mountain to lessen.

 

At this moment Jay dropped to the floor, the spell had cost him nearly all of his mana, also taking away some of his stamina. With some effort he reached within his interspacial ring, taking out a small bird statue with numerous runes carved into it.

7