The Red Priest and Blue Slime Chapter 1
392 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My whole Isekai experience could be summed up as simply as. Stick hand in Gatcha ball to cheat, get cheated, and my sponsor cringed at me getting a Lord of Mysteries Pathway for a cheat...

Now I knew all of literally nothing of Lord of Mysteries, literally looked at the front cover and saw the weird steampunk Victorian-era dude, and then looked at the reviews and they said there was no waifus... So to be honest I skipped over it.

The Red Priest pathway which is the one I got was one of the more straightforward pathways and thankfully with my path being made from the corpse of a Khorne that one of the stronger Jake's killed. I didn't need to worry about the elder god nonsense or corruption from my path like most Beyonders needed to.

"Alright. So your cheat comes with a little mental download like most magical or cultivation inheritances... Which a Pathway falls into both and not due to it being an eldritch power and born within the user." My sponsor said wryly and then snapped his fingers and my head was filled with the information of the Red Priest Pathway and what it meant.

I was a warrior, I was a conqueror, a general, and... The Red Priest was an inborn asshole who could lead people around by the nose by 'provoking' them along with controlling the aspects of the concept of war itself, fire metal, and the world around me would be at my fingertips in time. The Red Priest like all Pathway's started with nine sequences from nine being the start and weakest to zero being the strongest and becoming a literal divine being. And my Pathway, the Red Priest's first sequence or Sequence 9 like all levels bore their own title with this one being Hunter.

Even as I absorbed that information I could feel my body heating up and my very soul seeming to expand as I seemingly became more spiritually aware of my surroundings though my sponsor remained a black hole of anything I could sense. But even as my body was enhanced I was still paying attention to my sponsor as he continued to speak.

"Alright, so you got a pretty decent world that will allow your Red Priest to fulfill its targeted goals of ascension so have fun and don't get killed by Guy Crimson or any dragons... Or demons, as getting your soul back out of the multiversal pit is going to be a pain in the ass." My sponsor said dryly and then with a flick of his hand I was sent backward out of my chair into the rainbow portal behind me.

With my sponsor saying the name Guy Crimson and mentioned demons, and dragons. It was rather easy to figure out where I was supposed to be going... I was going to cheaty cheat land that cheats with every fucking named character having a cheat and plenty of them having the cheatiest of cheats like cheat stealing, mind control, and other insanity.

"Better Tensura then Mushouko Tensei." I muttered to myself as I was surprisingly deposited gently in the middle of fucking nowhere with nothing but forests surrounding me. "Is this the Jura Forest?" I mused as I looked around and already I could feel my Hunter abilities kicking in as I scanned the area for hostile life along with flexing my legs and arms to get used to my new heightened sense of strength.

As the knowledge download told no lies, with a simple jab forward I heard the air whistle as the Hunter strength enhancement being the second strongest physical boost out of the Pathway's and I had no choice but to believe the ingrained knowledge that stated I had the compressed strength of a bear, and the agility of a lion.

But regardless of my new boost to my body I also had a mental note basically saying that I wouldn't be getting the fancy spells and rituals until I hit Sequence 7 and fully unlocked my spirituality, though I still had access to the knowledge of the potions I would need to make to help my advancement as well as the actions I would need to do, along with the needed meditation upon my Sequence to level up my Sequence to the next tier.

With the knowledge dump being mostly settled, I looked around more thoroughly, and then seeing nothing but trees breaking my sight I decided to climb up a tree using my newfound strength and agility. And after doing so and I carefully perched myself atop a branch and overlooked what I could of the Great Jura Forest. All I could say was. "Holy shit this is a sea of trees and literally nothing else!" I almost yelled in annoyance before my eyes picked up a lake in the far distance.

So I made my way down the tree and towards the lake I could vaguely see in the distance as I had spied upon a map of the Tensura world once upon a time and unless there was another endless forest that was like a sea of trees then that should be the lake that would later be named after Shizu or something. As I made the mental connections between the lake I could tell with my sharpened senses that according to my Hunter survival blessing that if the start of the Jura Empire and Rimuru was to the west of the lake and with the placement of the sun I thus knew the relative direction I needed to go.

But as I made my way carefully through the forest, I came across my first signs of the monsters of this world. 'Monsters' in the Tensure universe came in two different forms, the Maijin which were intelligent and sapient monsters who had to eat, drink, and breathe to survive. And the others were simply known as 'Monsters' they were beings that only needed the magical energy of the world in magicules and would often be born out of compressed magical magicules or other forms of the essence of the world.

And in front of me was a spider. A monster spider. A Black Widow-looking spider that was even bigger than a horse.

'I wanna go back home.' I whispered mentally all but screaming internally at the sight of the massive spider hanging within a tree's branches, silently, motionlessly... Waiting for its prey.

 

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patre-on.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

15