Chapter 10 The Red Priest and Blue Slime Chapter 10
176 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a bit of fear that my interference would lead to us facing a worse fate than just being banished from the city with the dwarves also coming with us. But the night went well after that kerfuffle. My rather drunk ass fell asleep in a room I shared with Rimuru and when we woke up, we weren't being dragged off by the guards or whatever.

Rimuru still got the dwarves under the lead of Kaijin to agree to come to help set up the initial infrastructure of the goblin's town over breakfast. As Kaijin and the dwarves believed they still owed the slime a life debt for saving a number of dwarves with his super healing potions, including a couple of the dwarves actually losing limbs that were able to be reattached via those potions.

So although there wasn't the bond of them being banished from the city together, there was no mistaking that Rimuru had their services for the next good while. 

But as we were eating our breakfast a couple of guards came in and directly came to our table and I mentally sighed as I realized their eyes were locked onto me. "Am I under arrest?" I asked frankly.

I recognized the guard as the one from last night who was watching over us and he shrugged before gruffing saying. "That depends on our King. You are ordered to appear in court in twenty minutes for the assault over Minister Vest." And with that, I was being escorted to the King Gazel Dwargo with the rest of the gang including Kaijin and Rimuru.

"We can bust you out if you get put into prison, Jake! I gotchu!" Rimuru promised quietly as the slime hid behind the dwarves as I was put on the stand.

See the courts here were rather weird in the Armed Nation of Dwargon as the accused had no right to speak without the king's permission.

So my corrupt and bought lawyer went on about how I was a menace to the nation and had attempted to assassinate the Minister who had bandaged and was wearing his arm in a cast. I just made eye contact with the king as we both mentally counted down the minutes for my 'defense' to just shut up.

"And so, with such a violent offender. I advocate the fullest use of the law in executing the offender if not hard labor in the mines while under a slave collar to ensure his due diligence." My lawyer spoke wrapping up his speech about how I was a guest with no honor and who came to assassinate the King's 'loyal' minister.

I looked at the pinched face of my 'lawyer' and unbidden even with my arms chained to my chest I snorted with black flames coming out of my nose and the main squealed and rolled away from the stand I was placed upon.

"Enough." The king grunted loudly and I looked back over at the tall dwarf who was clad in highly enchanted armor and I could feel down to my very bones how strong he was. "You... Boy, you are someone reincarnated or summoned to this world recently right?" He questioned and my lips twitched at being called 'boy' of all things.

But I knew the dwarf hero king was centuries older than myself so I let it slide and as he waved his hand to 'allow' me to speak I responded simply. "Correct. I was summoned to this world, not but a week ago." 

The king closed his eyes and hummed before looking at his minister who stiffened as the Hero King rested the side of his head on his fist. "Minister Vesta... From an accounting by several witnesses who spoke under truth detection magic, they said the defendant only used a spell to knock your mug out of your hand, not hurting your hand, let alone your entire arm." The king leaned forward and spoke frankly.

"To sum up the situation simply, you went to humiliate Jake Barris, and were prevented from doing so... Now you waste my time, and worse the nation's supplies after you went home and broke your arm to ensure you actually had a wound to show off to the inspectors." 

Hero King Gazel Dwargo wasn't amused, I wasn't Kaijin he could just banish and be done with the situation and everyone be happy as the dwarves wanted to help Rimuru. I was a summoned human, and in this world that had some issues with it, like. Which nation held my 'leash'? Or was I, powerful enough to escape the curse of slavery put on most summoned humans?

I was an unknown and it was clear that his minister's games weren't in any way amusing the king as he clearly saw the lawyer and his minister's actions as simply making his nation, his own kingdom look weak and petty. To say nothing of how much it made them look like an ingrate with how Rimuru was also wearing chains who had saved the lives of dozens of dwarves with a literal barrel of healing potion.

The king looked towards me and inclined his head towards me as he said frankly. "Jake Barriss, I apologize for the events that have occurred during your stay in my city-state. I will compensate you with some gems, but I ask you and your party to leave the city for a while to let things cool down."

And that was it as the king stood up with his mana flaring as he spoke loudly to the assembled court. "This case is dismissed and my verdict is made!" 

Rimuru loudly exhaled in relief while I closed my eyes and allowed the dwarf guards to unchain me and we were escorted out of the city with the gate guards giving me a small felt bag filled with very small gems as compensation for my 'troubles.' Which I certainly wasn't going to bitch about.

I needed funds for my own alchemy so if being put through a sham trial to get some compensation was all that I needed... I didn't mind punching the minister for real in an illusion!

-

A couple hours later as we were riding our wolves back to the goblin village, I couldn't help but feel like we were forgetting something. Something... Very important kinda. "Rimuru did we forget something?" I asked as it felt like I left the oven on when I left home and I had the sinking 'Oh fuck' feeling filling my stomach that I couldn't get rid of.

"Uhm... Nope! I don't think so!?" Rimuru said easily and with that, I put down the thought until we took a break to let the wolves relax and regain their energy after carrying the heavy stocky dwarves across the thick and mountainous forest we were cross.

"You bastards forgot about meeee!" A voice screamed and we looked over and saw the bawling form of Gobta who was clad only in a loin cloth of all things who was riding his wolf towards us. And I covered my face in embarrassment after forgetting about Gobta with Rimuru getting hints of pink in their form at the embarrassment as at least I realized we forgot something.

 

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patre-on.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

14