Chapter 18.3 Primal Age
1.7k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood up and stretched out my legs, as they were feeling slightly cramped from sitting so long. I decided that I would put the monsters off for now since creating all these dieties took so much work. I felt all the eyes in the room turn towards me. I let out a nervous chuckle and scratched the back of my head. "Hello, everyone." I looked around the room and turned on my menu and brought up the control room interface, and a topological view of the control room opened up.

I glanced at my creation points and saw that I had two hundred seventy-five creation points leftover from my spending spree. I locked in the tier two expansion and watched the one hundred creation points fade from my inventory, and the control room vibrated ever so softly. I decided I can come back to the monsters once I get more deities settled in and have direction. I glanced at the control room schematic and saw that I could edit the rooms around. I left the first expansion area alone since Aphelia's room was there. I saw the outline of the new expansion area, and I thought about what I wanted to do to change it.

The new expansion was the size of the first expansion and the observation room combined, and had multiple rooms branching off of it, that sat circular around a single area. I glanced over it and decided to condense the middle down into one large chamber with only two rooms branching off of it. I noticed a drop-down list of tools and saw a naming function. I clicked it and highlighted the single large room and named it the Hall of the Gods. I confirmed the name and the screen flashed once more.

Would you like to select a single theme for your control room?

or

Would you like multiple themes for your control room?

I set the notification to the side. I'll worry about setting the theme up later along with creating my monsters. I wanted to get my newly born deities squared away first. My list of things to do was ever-growing and I don't think it will ever stop.

"Well, anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all. As you know, I am Kairos, the Silent Overseer. This right here is my companion, Helios. He is my right hand and will gladly answer any questions that you may or may not have." I gestured over to Helios as I spoke, causing him to peek an eye open and stare at me.

I did a mental count of the deities before me. I counted Nemesis, Inovia, Aphelia, and Ferraris, but no Steve. "Helios, do you know where Steve went?"

Helios rubbed his eyes a few times as he woke up and let out a yawn. "It appears he went to one of the largest Dark Elf settlements. I guess he wanted to be with his people."

I let out a small sigh, of course he did. I'll get to him later to reiterate this meeting, or just have Helios do it. I glanced around and decided to shift the platform we were on into a circle so I could see all my deities.

The floor shifted and melted and started to crawl as it began to rearrange itself. Aphelia watched the process unfold with amazement gleaming in her eyes while the others just watched it happen; it was as if they had seen it happen many times before.

Once the movement came to a stop, everyone sat in a full circle, Helios sat to my right, Nemesis sat to my left, followed by Inovia, and Aphelia, while Ferraris stood menacingly staring at us. I quickly looked over everybody, checking out their emotions, and trying to gauge how this conversation would go.

Nemesis had her head tilted up, and a righteous fire was burning in her emerald eyes. I glanced over to Inovia and saw that she was resting on her throne. Her legs were crossed, and she was glancing at the room taking everything in. She seemed to be at ease, yet alert all the same.

Helios had his right leg crossed over his left and was checking his fingernails. Aphelia was glancing around the room and seemed kind of nervous. In a way, it was rather cute to see. Ferraris was just standing there swaying slightly, filling the quiet room with sounds of metal softly grinding against metal. I looked at them for a few more moments, as I did my best to mentally prepare myself for the speech I was about to give them.

"Now that I can see you all, we can begin. Obviously, we are missing Steve, but we can catch him up to date later." I cleared my throat as everyone in the room brought their attention up to me, and I settled into my throne. "I created most of you for a particular purpose."

I turned my gaze towards Nemesis as I addressed her. "Nemesis here will be my left hand. She will be my instrument of justice. She will be my hammer and will bash aside all who stand before me."

Nemesis stood, and I saw a large smile flash across her face. "Yes, father. I will purge the wicked, and lay low the corrupt." Her grin slowly turned into something more wicked as the fire in her eyes started to grow in intensity. I think I may have created a monster. Time to tell her the laws that she will follow.

"Nemesis, you will protect the weak and helpless. You will be their light in their darkest days. You will lay low any who seek to take advantage of those that can not help themselves. You will not bring harm to the innocent, and you will tear asunder any who hope to topple my creation. You will rain retribution on those that destroyed your race. The only ones that are exempt are the Angels, and Demons that exist within my planets. The Angels and Demons that exist within my guild will be judged by you and at your discretion."

She nodded her head, "Any other orders, father?"

I gazed at her for a moment longer as I tried to make sure that all my bases were covered. I would have to keep her close to make sure she does not go overboard with anything. "You will obey all my orders when given, and you will remain by my side as my companion and I will show you the laws that I want you to follow."

She bowed and pressed her hand to her chest. "Your will be done, father."

"That is all, Nemesis." She straightened herself out and sat back down. Hopefully, that will cover her for now. I'll need to keep an eye on her, so nothing overly bad happens. I turned my gaze towards Inovia and addressed her.

"You will be my sword. You will be the one that will end any conflicts that threaten my people. You will be my warrior, and none shall stand before your might. You will embody the difference between a butcher and a surgeon." I told her as I started to add a little emotion to my voice, just for the dramatic effect.

She stood up and affixed her cyan eyes upon me. "Yes, my lord Overseer. I will serve you to the best of my abilities." She gave me a curt nod and sat back down in her throne. I like her. She kept it short and sweet.

I turned my attention to Ferraris as he shifted slightly. "You are my forge. You are the linchpin to everything I will accomplish. If you need anything, ask me, and I will do my best to make sure it gets done."

The lumbering giant froze as it contemplated my words. "That sounds good, Kairos. Just give me my forge, and I'll get it done."

He was blunt. I liked that, but of course, I made him so. I shifted my gaze to Aphelia. I wasn't quite sure what her place was in all of this, but I'll make a speech on the fly for her.

"Aphelia, I did not create you, but you play one of the most vital parts possible. You are the stewardess of life. All life starts on our planet, and all life nourishes you. We will do our best to protect you and ensure your safety." She blushed and turned her head as all of our attention went to her.

"Thank you all for that." She muttered quietly and clenched her hands on her thighs. I stared at her a moment longer and chuckled. Alright, I already introduced Helios, so now I just need to give them directives.

"Alright, now since that is done, we need to talk about the future and what is to come." I cleared my throat and slowly looked around the room. Everyone had their attention on me, curious as to what I was going to say.

"So, I am a newly awakened Administrator. This whole life is new to me, and I am still learning as I go. However, with that being said, there is a war coming to this galaxy. I wish I could give you all a peaceful life. But sadly, that is not an option at this point." The atmosphere in the room grew somber, and Nemesis spoke up.

"Let them come. I will judge them and lay asunder the ones proving lacking. I will purge the corrupt and wicked." Her voice rose in tempo as she stood up, and her wings flared out behind her. The fire grew in her eyes, and I could feel her resolve radiate off of her in waves.

I raised my hand and gestured her calmly to sit. "I appreciate the devotion, but please take a seat." She straightened out her wings and nodded her head as she spoke. I really needed to keep an eye on her. "So with that being said, I created you all to watch over my species, and prepare them. At any moment after my protection period has ended. I'm not saying that I want a fully militarized planet. But I need them ready for war."

Inovia sat forward and asked a question, "How long do we have before your protection period is up?"

"We have three standard cycles before my protection period is up. Roughly four months on Ouradia. I am not anticipating any actual invasions occurring directly after though I do want to be prepared."

Inovia looked at me for a moment and nodded her head. "I wish we had more time to get ready, but I will do what I can." She sat back into her chair and crossed her arms.

I tore my gaze from her and continued to brief them. "So now that you are aware of that, I want to bring up some key topics. Firstly, I do not intend to make myself known to the races down below. I have no interest in becoming an object of worship. So if you choose to take an active part in any religion that forms please, do not mention me. If they start asking questions, try your best to distract them or change it."

They all nodded their heads in response. Good, that was one of the biggest things that I wanted to touch on. I did not want to be worshipped. It was awkward enough when Helios or the others referred to me as lord. "Helios here will be the regent if I am not around or busy with other things. So defer to him if I cannot be found."

Helios gave me a small nod in turn. "Thank you, my lord."

I nodded my head in acknowledgment as I continued to speak. "I do not care if you decide to become a patron deity to your primary race. For example, Inovia, if you decide that you will become the patron god of humanity, I have no issue with that. If you decide that you want to instead embrace everybody, that is also perfectly fine by me." Everybody nodded their heads in agreement.

"I want you to restrict yourself from mortal affairs as well. Do not dabble too much in them since I want them to learn how to fend for themselves. That goes double for you, Nemesis. Do not attack anybody merely because they are breaking the law."

Upon hearing my words, I saw her wings droop, and she tilted her face down. "Yes, father. I will do as you say." I heard the sadness in her voice as she replied to me. She reminded me of a child that just got their favorite toy taken from them. I chuckled at her mentally. I can get over being called father, though I do need to work on becoming a better role model for her.

"However, if they defy the gods or any law that one of us enacts on them, then you are free to punish the offender." She perked up immediately and flashed me a broad smile.

"Thank you, father!" I could hear the excitement in her voice as her wings perked back up. Damn, she really was just like a child. I sat quietly for a moment as I mentally went through my checklist. I went over their roles. I told them about the war that was coming. Now I just needed to finish setting the ground rules.

"When war breaks out, you are prohibited from harming each other. If you decide that you want to make host or incarnations and fight each other, that's fine. But I do not want you harming each other. Up here in the control room, you can spar and skirmish, especially once I get a training room purchased. But harming each other outside of the control room is forbidden." I told them all as I stared at them sternly.

Once again, they all nodded in agreement. Good, this is going smoother than expected. Maybe since Steve wasn't here, though, I'm not quite sure as to what his personality is quite yet.

"Now that we have that covered, does anyone have any pressing questions they want to be addressed?" I asked them. They were quiet after all, so I am not quite sure what is going on in their heads.

Inovia sat forward and asked, "I do father. In regards to the war, is there any particular form of preparation that you want to be made?"

I thought about the question for a moment before I replied to her. "No. I just want you fully versed in the art of war. Live amongst the different species, and learn what you can. After I consult with Helios, I will see if I can hand over control of the defense preparations of the control room to you as well. I’d much rather someone who knows what they are doing lead the defense than myself."

She bowed her head, "Thank you, Lord Overseer, I will not fail you." She sat back on her seat and went back to watching us. That actually worked out in my favor. I may have played a lot of strategy games, but I’d feel better if she took it over. Ferraris was the next to step forward with a question.

"What product do you want me to focus on creating?" His words sounded like boulders crashing in each other as he spoke. It felt oddly satisfying to hear, though somewhat grating.

"I want you to focus on outfitting the deities with gear first. Either get with them, or they will come to you and tell you what they want. I will talk to Helios and get your forge area set up. Afterward, I'll decide on what we need next."

"Thank you." Was the metallic giant's response. I was curious as to what he would make, though.

I gazed around the room for a moment, and when my eyes met Nemesis, I saw that she had returned to herself. She raised her head and asked me. "When will my people come to be father?"

I let out a sigh. This was going to be a rather tricky question to answer. "At the moment, I can make them, but doing so will attract attention that I am not ready to have. Making you put a big enough target on my head. Once we get strong enough to defend ourselves, I will make a place for the Nephilim to live once more."

I saw a flicker of happiness shoot across her face, and she nodded her head, "Thank you, father, that means a lot to me."

I looked around the faces of all of the other gods once more. It seemed that was it for the questions now, so it was time to finish this meeting. "If anyone else has any questions, please feel free to talk to me. I'll be around." Everyone started to shift and stand up, and their thrones began to disappear in turn. Inovia gave me a bow and vanished into thin air, presumably to start her task. Aphelia looked over at me and gave me a radiant smile before walking towards the entrance of the room. Nemesis stood up and positioned herself to my left and quietly waited for me. Helios remained seated in his chair and yawned.

"Alright, Helios, now that I covered most of the topics, I need to take care of a few things before I venture back down to Ouradia." I still needed to visit Sangilla and see Thalmius, as well as make my two monsters and get operations on Ouradia underway. I also need to get my control room together.

He let out a small grunt in response before he actually spoke. "What do you need me to do for you, my lord?" He sounded more like himself now that he actually slept a bit. He looked a little more well-rested. I am glad that I didn't need sleep, mostly ‘cause of that tireless trait I have.

"Well, I need to go visit some guild members, and I still need to set a theme for my control room. However, I do not feel quite comfortable leaving Ouradia unattended." I told him as I leaned to the side in my seat to get a better look at him.

"Well, you can leave me here when you go to Sangilla. Alpha has stringent laws there, so you shouldn't be bothered by any other Administrator. Just tell me what you want me to do here, and I will take care of it." He stood up and started to stretch.

"Can you start applying themes to the control for me? Since you are my companion, can I shift my creation points over to you, so you can start taking care of stuff?"

"Sure thing. Just give me permissions in the control rooms settings, and I'll get to it. What themes were you looking at wanting to use?"

I opened up my control room settings and gave permission over to Helios, and I responded, "Use all of the themes. I want the Hall of the Gods to be angelic. I want my observation room to be celestial-themed. Other than that, have fun. I also made it to where you can assist Ferrarius and Inovia with their request." I dismissed my screen, and I saw Helios do likewise.

"Alright, my lord. I will work on this while you are gone. However, before you ask, go to the Sangilla market place and purchase the teleporter. It is free, and it will take you there. Is there anything else you wish to ask of me?"

I thought about it for a moment before I remembered that I needed to hide Nemesis since she is a Nephilim. "Yeah. Nemesis isn't supposed to be a thing. Can you teach her how to hide her wings or halo, before we leave? I really don't want to attract any attention to myself just yet."

He nodded, "I will do that. You go on ahead, I'll help out while you get ready to depart."

With a brief thanks, I departed to my observation room. I just knocked out one of the biggest things on my to-do list. Now all I needed to do was make my monsters, decide on my domain and see if I can appoint Helios a domain. I leveled up a few times, but I can wait to drop my stats into my status page.

As I walked into the observation area, I approached the communications module and sent a brief message to Thalmius, telling him I was on my way to Sangilla. I closed the screen and walked over to the other module and began searching for the teleporter. After a bit of searching, I found the teleportation piece and purchased it. The wall next to the pane of glass sunk in and a swirling green vortex appeared.

I stepped back and checked out my newest addition. Now, all that I needed was for Nemesis to finish with Helios, and to see if Thalmius messaged me back.

45