0028 – Iron Beetles
463 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you luukkwint, dm me if you want to be my beta reader. You didn't know how much those words mean to me. For that, I will post the next 3 chapters now! I'm in a good mood today since someone motivated me this much last year. Just wait!

Back in the room, she tidied up her belongings and took out three furniture blueprints she had obtained before, including a reclining chair, a table, and a shelf.

Tearing open the blueprints cost a corresponding amount of wood blocks, and three simple wooden pieces of furniture appeared in the room.

The reclining chair and table were placed by Athena beside the window, while the shelf was placed next to the frequently used stove.

Looking around, she found that the only thing she could put on the shelf was her only pot, so she simply placed it directly on the fire or on the ground as before.

The shelf was a simple four-tiered one. She took out a bundle of hay from her backpack, spread it evenly on the shelf after dispersing it, and then took out a straw mat and divided it into three parts to put in.

A simple nesting frame was completed, and the three animals watching the scene on the ground were put in one by one.

The cat was on top, the rabbit in the middle, and the panda at the bottom.

"This will be your beds from now on."

The three animals looked at the wooden bed together, and Athena smiled and shook her head at them.

"The shelf has living creatures, the wooden bed has dead ones."

After the lean meat porridge was cooked and taken off the fire to cool, she warned the three who were trying to rebel once again, timing it just right.

Countdown: 00.00.06
Monster Respawned!

A small normal black hole appeared at the periphery of Athena's courtyard, and the first round of five Iron Beetles crawled out of it, making a rustling sound.

Each one was half a meter long, with jagged joints, triangular heads, silver bodies, and a pair of green eyes.

The six-legged creatures crawled swiftly on the ground, with the cannon tower firing shots, and the arrow tower shooting arrows.

Athena herself pulled her bow and shot an arrow as well.

Originally, there were five, but only one remained instantly. However, the corpse of this monster did not dissipate this time but remained in place, in a pickable state.

The remaining one was tightly entangled by the surrounding thorny vines, unable to be harmed due to its hard shell but already disabled, and Athena delivered the final blow to it.

Experience Points +5

The battle was just a momentary thing, happening so fast that even the teleportation array didn't have time to close. The first round of monsters was over, and Athena's backpack had gained the corpses of Iron Beetles.

Although she already knew the relevant information about Iron Beetles, even more detailed than what the system knew, collecting cards was still a kind of fun.

After the system version update, the refresh time for each round of monsters was shortened from two hours to one hour. But for Athena, one hour was enough time to do many things.

First round over, second round of monsters will arrive in one hour.

Athena stepped forward and picked up the five bodies with the system backpack. She exerted some force to tap one of the Iron Beetles' shells, and unexpectedly, it cracked open.

As the purple system had said, the shells of the Iron Beetles were indeed brittle. Items collected into the backpack could be viewed for detailed information.

Iron Beetle Corpse
Introduction: Perhaps you can throw it into the smelting furnace to try it out.
Every five can yield one piece of iron.

Seeing this prompt, Athena's eyes instantly lit up.

What a great item! It would be nice to have more.

This reminded her of the Monster Summoning Scroll that Potato had sold her before. The guy had said he would save some for her in the future, not sure if it was true or not, she thought she'd ask.

At this point in the offensive and defensive time, the chat channel was never short of people, many of whom didn't forget to update their chat channel dynamics while fighting monsters, making this place a circle of friends.

Regional chat channel --

-- Wow, the monsters have respawned. My goodness, they're silver! Is it silver?
-- So cool, so cool, so cool!
-- It's deadly! It's gonna kill people!
-- What's going on, there were only two in the first round before, why are there five now?
-- Such big and crawling bugs, so disgusting!
-- One has been defeated here, and the information obtained is 'Iron Beetle'
-- Good people, have a safe life!
-- Help, why are they so hard to kill? My fire attribute tower, the fire cannon doesn't even work on it!
-- Hey, is that true? I have a normal cannon tower, one shot and it's dead. Are you sure yours is a fire attribute tower?
-- Haha, I've already killed the second one.

Opening her friends list, the chat record with Potato was still from the last time.

--> Still alive? Do you have the Monster Summoning Scrolls?

Athena nodded satisfactorily. This sentence not only expressed her concern and greetings to the other party but also directly stated her purpose.

-- Yes, still alive! Big Dream, no Monster Summoning Scrolls but I've recently found another scroll that's quite useful. Want to take a look?
Acceleration Scroll (Half an Hour)
Description: Used to speed up time during offense and defense. Can only be used to shorten monster respawn time. [From a strange man who knows where to get all kinds of scrolls.]

The refresh time is meant for players to recover and prepare more, and one hour is still okay, just wait a bit and it'll pass. But this kind of scroll is very suitable for those who want to quickly finish off the monsters in one go, and it's also suitable for impatient people like Athena.

In truth, Athena was a bit tempted. She didn't want to spend the whole day waiting for the monsters to respawn in the courtyard.

--> How much is it?
-- You're a new customer here, so I'll give you a 20% discount. You must know about the system currency, right?
--> Although players still mostly barter among themselves now, I believe that system currency will be the common currency for transactions in the future.
-- So my price isn't high, eight copper coins per scroll.

One scroll equaled the price of a sickle, but how could a sickle compare to a scroll?

--> How many scrolls do you have in total?
-- I knew you would ask that, but there's a purchase limit here, ten scrolls per person!

Potato hugged his treasure chest and laughed wildly. Although he only had ten scrolls in total, others didn't know, which didn't stop him from saying so.

Soon, he couldn't laugh anymore because Athena didn't immediately respond to him. He nervously rubbed his hands and said, "She won't decline, will she?"

His scrolls were in an awkward situation; many people were not interested, and those who were interested could hardly afford them. Only a few, like Athena, were both interested and able to buy them.

In short, his scrolls all had a common trait: they were obtainable but not necessary.

"When I give her a cheaper price?" Potato muttered to himself as he hugged his precious scroll chest. He used to be an otaku obsessed with anime culture, and he had specifically bought a chest to store his various collections. When he came through, he was admiring it.

Unexpectedly, when he arrived, everything in the chest disappeared, but his chest underwent a mutation. It became a scroll chest, which could be opened daily to randomly obtain ten scrolls.

Although most were junk scrolls, sometimes there were blank ones. But at least it made him a little richer. Just when he thought this deal was going to fail, Athena sent him a message.

-- Okay, I'll take them all.
--> Okay, okay, thank you for your patronage!
-- I'll send you the copper coins after this round of monsters is over.

In fact, Athena had just gone to the smelting furnace to see if the smelting was done. She didn't have a single copper coin on her now and could only rely on selling iron to the system to make money.

You may share your thoughts by commenting down below. Please click the heart icon to support my writing endeavors.

45