0040 – Mobile Cannon Rabbit Trooper
474 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
[ Ask-The-Heavens ] sent a message to you.
-- Shelters possess a certain resistance to darkness; the higher the level, the stronger the resistance. Lower-level shelters require a key, in this case, a candle of light, to activate this function; otherwise, their resistance to darkness will greatly diminish.
-- Lower-level shelters: Shelters of levels 1 - 5. Key: Candle of Light. You, possessing the key, are the master of the shelter.
-- Last night, those whose candles of light burned out were akin to losing the key to the shelter. This implies they are no longer the masters of the shelter; without a master, the shelter becomes just an ordinary house, and thus they were consumed by darkness.
-- Last night, one member of our group, we only provided him with the candle of light at the last moment. His description was: darkness seemed to be everywhere, even with the doors tightly closed, making the house airtight. Yet, darkness still managed to permeate the house, directly closing in on him.

Athena Ravencroft carefully examined this message.

This shattered her initial conjecture; in the role of repelling darkness, the shelter was not the primary, but rather the candle of light. Only with the candle of light as the key can the shelter's function be activated.

"You mean the candle of light, is also a defense tower?"

However, merely having the key is not enough. Hence, its use is confined within the shelter, complementary to each other.

00:03:36
An hour had quietly passed, and the second wave of monsters was about to arrive.

Athena continued following the previous method, erecting all the earthen walls. After an hour of rest, her mental state had improved significantly, allowing her to manipulate the earthen walls once more.

As soon as the walls were erected, she noticed the claw marks on one side of the wall.

They were left by the fire leopards from before, indicating that the walls were not formed using the land in this area. They were part of the scroll from the beginning, each wall unique, and once destroyed, they could not be replenished.

Athena didn't know how many walls there were in total; her mental strength was insufficient to summon them all.

00:00:00

Three fire leopards suddenly rushed out of the portal. As soon as they appeared, they began to dash, splitting into three paths towards different passages.

Athena was somewhat surprised; why were they so clever right from the start this time?

The maze she designed wasn't large, so their running wouldn't take long before they found the exit. However, sending one out was enough; the other two still needed to be kept inside. With their speed and agility, Witty was particularly adept at dragging and luring enemies, especially hiding in the shadows.

"Mikmik, go guard the exit, remember not to linger in battle, you just need to delay it."

"Paopao and Witty, you go deal with the one running in the middle. Paopao, focus on combat, while Witty assists."

Athena picked up her bow and arrow. "I'll deal with the one at the back."

After assigning tasks, the three small creatures ran to their designated positions. Athena mobilized her mental energy to control the earthen walls, releasing the first fire leopard.

Awaiting it were attacks from various towers. Mikmik stood on the arrow tower, leisurely licking its fur. Faced with this provocation, the fire leopard roared furiously and charged forward.

The other two fire leopards were completely trapped in the maze.

Paopao and Witty coordinated their attacks. As soon as Paopao landed, it enlarged and charged forward. The fire leopard, seeing its sudden opponent, assumed an attacking stance, intending to breathe fire.

Little did it know, a huge rock was thrown from the wall; narrowly dodging it, the fire leopard looked up to find a rabbit.

Witty was displeased that the fire leopard had evaded its rock attack and leaped down. Seeing the rabbit offering itself, the fire leopard opened its mouth.

But at that moment, Paopao suddenly closed in, aiming to bite its neck. Reacting with astonishing speed, the fire leopard jumped away.

Just as it jumped, it felt its whole body being lifted up.

It was lifted up by a rabbit!

It hadn't even realized what was happening when Witty threw it towards Paopao, who opened his arms and smiled at it. There was no preparation to breathe fire throughout the process.

Athena chased the fire leopard with arrows while observing the battle on both sides. After ensuring that they could all complete their tasks well, she focused on her own side.

The fire leopard roamed aimlessly in the maze, unable to escape. Occasionally, it would be hit by arrows. If this continued, it would either run to death in the maze or be shot dead by arrows.

Unwilling to accept this fate, it chose the same tactic as the previous fire leopard, climbing up the earthen wall and intending to kill the despicable human!

Unfortunately, its fate wouldn't be any better than the previous one...

With Mikmik's petite and agile body, it managed to dodge the fire leopard's claws and flames every time. With the help of thorny vines, the fire leopard was firmly trapped in place, during which it was hit multiple times by the arrow tower.

Until it went berserk, broke free from the thorny vines, and rushed into the courtyard, only to be met with more attacks. Mikmik, elusive as ever, continuously impeded its progress, preventing it from approaching the house.


Experience Points +50

When Athena dealt with this fire leopard, the battles in the other two areas also ended.

Experience Points +50
Experience Points +50

Mikmik still had a lazy demeanor, standing on the fire leopard's corpse. Witty angrily kicked the fire leopard's corpse with its hind legs, while Paopao pondered whether the fire leopard could be eaten.

When it made up its mind to try opening its mouth to taste it, the corpse disappeared.

Retracting the earthen walls, the three immediately ran over to Athena to claim credit, with Witty holding a blue package.

Athena lifted her hand to accept the package, generously rewarding them, "You three did very well this time. We'll have a big dinner tonight!"

Mikmik pretended not to care, elegantly grooming its fur. Witty happily hopped around Athena, while only Paopao still cared about not getting a bite of meat just now.

Congratulations to player [ Big Dream ] for successfully completing the tower defense mission!
Rewards have been sent to your mailbox.
This Tower Defense Mission
S Rating!
Successfully killed elite monsters!
Rewards for sending, Small Mobile Cannon!
[ Small Mobile Cannon ]
Category: Artillery
Attribute: Portable
Attack Power: 10
Description: A portable artillery, wherever you go, you're a human turret!

This tower defense mission only had two rounds because it involved elite units, and now Athena has successfully defended the tower, so the system's rewards followed.

Although it's called small, it's nearly half a meter long and quite heavy. Athena tried to move it but couldn't.

She looked at the Small Mobile Cannon, and a bold idea came to her.

"Witty, come here and try to move it." Though puzzled by Athena's request, the grassball bunny Witty came over and tried it. Its small body effortlessly lifted the cannon.

"Good, I declare that this is your weapon from now on! Mobile Cannon Rabbit Trooper! Buwahaha!"

After solving the placement issue of the Small Mobile Cannon, Athena went to the small wooden house and checked the status of the smelting furnace. All 27 common iron beetles had been smelted, yielding five pieces of iron.

The two boss-level units of iron beetles were still in the process of smelting.

Share your thoughts below and click the heart icon if you enjoy the chapter!

39