Volume 0001-Transmigration, Chapter – 008 – Farmhands – Biohazard
483 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore continues with his read of the ‘Active Space and Offshoot Farm Together (OFT), Introductory’.

Overview OFT-Space:

OFT-Space is running based on current Planet’s rotation, 12 months in a year, 300 days a year, 25 days each month, 5 days in a week, 4 climate changes (Spring 80 days / Summer 90 days/ Autumn 70 days / Winter 60 days), 30 hours a day (light 20 hours / dark 10 hours, changeable due to seasons), 60 minutes in one hour (based on host current available knowledge).

Alternative Time flow between OFT-Space and outside world in the ratio is 3:1 (3 hours inside OFT-Space is 1 hour outside OFT-Space).

The current plot of land available to host is measured in squares of each in range of 2 meters in length and 2 meters in width (coverage 2m x 2m = 4m2) with a total of 8,000 squares, 16km in length and 16km in width (coverage 16km x 16km = 256km2). (1)

The host is only able to use a limited amount of these squares, 100 per OFT-Space level until the host reached level 80.

The host is able to buy when OFT-Space reaches the required levels, an additional plot of lands of 8000 squares in each direction of the current plot of land after spending a certain amount of gold coins and MaCs.

 ==Startup: Structures==
Origin Station (MaC; 2 x 1 squares, currently located), Barn with workbench (MaC; 3 x 2 squares), Shed (2 x 1 squares), Water Well (1 x 1 square).

These startup structures are given to host for orientation purposes in this plot of land, where the structure ‘Water Well’ is centralized. The ‘Origin Station’ is the host entry point and to temporary rest in this OFT-Space. The ‘Barn’ consists of storage lockers with limited storage space for various grouped objects and a basic Workbench, which provide the Host with means to process the harvested crops if needed. The ‘Shed’ stores the daily needed equipment to manage or construct on the lands.

Most structures are upgradable on later levels. Recommended keeping at least 3 squares on each side free from any other structures, in case you’ll need to free up these squares.

==Startup: Equipment==
Accessories 4x: Work Eyeglasses; Outfits 4x: Work Hat, Work Jacket, Work Overall, Work Boots, Work Gloves, Work Belt; Tools 2x: Plow, Shovel, Pitchfork, Planting-stick, Root Cutter, Fishing-net, Axe, Saw, Hammer, Chisel, Tape measure 3 meter (depicted in per centimeter, total 300 cm), Rope 100 meter; Container 2x: Storage Watering Can, Storage Seed Pouch, Storage Fodder Pouch, Storage Harvest Basket, Storage Fish Bucket, Storage Animal Cage, Storage Construction Materials, Storage All-In Backpack wearable, Basket, Bucket; Farm Agent 1x: Bottle pesticide (level 1), Bottle herbicide (level 1), Plague wand (level 1), 1x Sack of fetilizer (level 1).
==Reward: Initiation==
2000 gold coins, 30 magical crystals, 83 squares of unassigned lands and 17 assigned, 5 sacks of lettuce seeds level 1, 5 sacks of carrots seeds level 1, 4 young dwarf apple tree seedling level 1, each sack of seeds or seedling can fill 1x1 square, 2x2 assigned squares of Nordic Spruce Tree and construction materials, such as 5.000 Nordic Spruce planks (each 2 meter length and 15 centimeter width with thickness of 2 centimeter), 500 Nordic Spruce beams (squared 8 centimeter each sides), 100 boxes of nails (each box contains 1000 nails)…

Up to here Theodore read the content and was amazed at what he received, and says: “Wow, fantastic all you need to get started and work on the lands.” Forgetting he was now just 10 years aged boy with half of his original strength.

Spacey reminded: “Unlike the game, you will need to put your own strength on working the lands. The equipment does provide some help in conserving most of host strength and endurance, but the land is quite huge for one to work on.”

Theodore says: “Oh, right!” Looking at his body and seeing how weak he currently is. He asks Spacey: “Can I bring people in to help me working the land from the outside?”

Spacey answers: “Yes, you are able to bring additional people in the OFT-Space, they will be marked by the Spatial Server as ‘Farmhands’ and host is able to assign each ‘Farmhand’ with their own privileges, the cost, however, is 1 MaC per ‘Farmhand’.”

“Don’t worry the MaCs are rechargeable when entering Space. But those will be unavailable for spending as they need it for entering and exiting OFT-Space. You can retrieve them after they have been sent out of OFT-Space.”

Theodore exclaimed and asks: “Don’t I get any discount for kids, like half price per kid?” Spacey answers bluntly: “No!”

Theodore shoulders drop-down, then shook it off and continues to read:

Summary OFT-Space Statistics (OFT-Stats)  
OFT-Statistics  
Space name: OFT
Space level:                1
Space Current Season:   Spring
Space Active Visit in ‘hours’:       5 (outside 1.40 hrs)
Space Countdown Timer (hrs:min):   05:00
Space Available Gold Coins: 2,000
Space Available Magical Crystals: 30
Space total plot of land in squares: 7,900 (of 8,000)
Space assigned squares: 17
Space unassigned squares: 83
Structures, Equipment and Locker inventory
Structure  
Barn with Workbench (MaC) 1x, 3x2 squares Function: Fix Storage Locker (12), capacity 10,000 objects per locker, same objects can be stacks in group of 100
Seeds Locker, (current capacity: 9,997): Construction Material Locker, (current capacity: 9,496):
5x sacks of lettuce seeds (172) level 1 5.000x Nordic Spruce planks (2 meter length, 15 centimeter width, 2 centimeter thick)
5x sacks of carrots seeds (480) level 1 500x Nordic Spruce beams (2 meter length, 8 centimeter length, 8 centimeter width)
4x young dwarf apple tree seedling level 1 100x Nails boxes (each box 1000 nails)
Origin Station (MaC) 1x, 2x1 squares Function: Shelter/ Rest/ Buying and Overview
Shed 1x, 2x1 squares Function: Fix Open Storage: Equipment
Accessories: Container:
3x Work Eyeglasses 2x Basket 5kg
Tools: 2x Bucket 10ltr
2x Axe 2x Storage Animal Cage
2x Chisel 2x Storage All-In Backpack wearable
2x Fishing-net 2x Storage Construction Materials
2x Hammer 2x Storage Feeder Pouch
2x Pitchfork 2x Storage Fish Bucket
2x Planting-stick 2x Storage Harvest Basket
2x Plow 2x Storage Seed Pouch
2x Rope 100 meter 2x Storage Watering Can
2x Saw Outfits
2x Shovel 4x Work Belt
2x Tape measure 3 meter (depicted in per centimeter, total 300 cm) 4x Work Boots
Farm Agent: 4x Work Gloves
1x Bottle pesticide (level 1) 4x Work Hat
1x Bottle herbicide (level 1) 4x Work Jacket
1x Plague wand (level 1) 4x Work Overall
1x Sack of Fertilizer (level 1)  
General Notes
In the Origin station there are 4 functions you’ll need to pay attention too:

1. With the Shop function, you are able to buy crops, trees, animals, fishes, flowers, etc. These are bought in exchange for gold coins. Harvested goods can be sold at the designated markets, which you’ll need to build.

Selling to such a market will give you gold coins and a small number of magical crystals. The magical crystal is a byproduct of the sold harvested goods, which materialize upon selling due to recycling because the ecosystem in OFT Space has to run properly so that the system is able to materialize the goods the host wants, it exists so it will be available. MaC can also be brought in from the outside and will be cut in OFT size currency and added to the OFT Magical crystal amount.

2. With the Building function, you are able to buy building designs for various occasions, such as houses, factories, markets, shops, power plants, warehouses, silos, filtering systems, and much more.

This is just the design, which can be bought with gold coins and a little MaCs, which you earn by selling harvested goods. To actually construct the building structure on the design, you will need to provide the materials for the structure mentioned in the building design. It would be wise if you first collect the materials before you buy the design. The host would be able to spend the funds meanwhile on something else if the available funds are tight.

When you finish constructing the structure, you’ll need to place the building design on the activation pedestal, which will be clear to see in front of the structure. Once done the building design will provide the wiring within the building, able to receive energy from the surrounding making the building operational.

Spatial Server suggests you start by saving MaCs to build a Vegetable / Fruit stand first (easiest to construct) after harvesting your first crops and selling them in exchange for gold and MaCs. 

Take notice, those structures in the Overview that are tagged with ‘MaC’ requires every 100 hours being recharge with 1 new Magical Crystal to keep the structure operational.

Unlike visitors who only require a MaC for its Space-Time Law to enter and exit, the structure requires energy that drains the MaCs and will dissipate once all energy is used. The host needs to keep close attention to this if the Host wants to expand the territory with new facilities. Take in to account the spending of MaCs for the existing structures are covered. Once the Power Supply facilities are built, this of course won’t matter.

3. With the Landscaping function, you are able to change the terrain, which requires you to buy terrain design, such as ponds, water canals, bridges, roads, mountains, quarries (ore, magical crystal), and more. Once you choose a location, after checking the required materials Spatial Server will ask Host to confirm the location. When the Host confirms it, the location will start to change right away and finish the change with the required materials added by Host.

For example, the Host stored an amount of seawater in a water basin. After Host confirms the location where the design drops, the ground will change to a large hole. The host will need to place the rocks on the bottom and the walls of the hole. To make it watertight, once done confirm changes and Spatial Server will finish the construction. The host then can fill the hole with the seawater using a water tanker.

Although it will require hard manual labor, the benefits are equaled visible. Work hard host.

4. Lastly the Overview function, with this you’ll be able to see the entirety of your OFT lands on the monitor, even able to zoom in on particular locations.

This also can be used to observe the outside world in a radius of 500 meters (able to expand when the Spatial Server level’s up) from where you last were. In the overall view, you will notice green or red dots. Red means hostile intent and green means friendly.

The Overview also provides additional function to see the progress of the OFT-Space and Spatial Server.

You can enter the OFT-Space by thinking of the command <Enter OFT-Space> to enter and leave by thinking of the command <Exit OFT-Space>.

Theodore finished reading and took a deep breath, and says: “That’s really a lot of information to digest. Let’s look around.”

Spacey stops Theodore and says: “TJ, take the Eyeglasses on the bench first and wear it. If knowledge is available in the Spatial Server it will provide on sight live information on objects and structures, when you come in contact with it.”

“Also I suggest going to the Water Well first to drink a cup of Spatial Spring Water, it will invigorate your body and remove some impurities.”

Theodore look around and found the Eyeglasses, he walks to it while asking: “It’s not regular water?” Spacey answers: “No, by luck the independent land we got in the dimension is not a regular piece of land, but had some mystical energy in it. The soil and the water are special which I also spread inside the OFT Space.”

Theodore took the Eyeglasses and put it on, then starts moving to the Water Well and asks: "Spacey, I am a little worried that I am unable to do this on my own, even now. I don’t know much of farming on a large scale, only what I learned in primary school and watched documentaries on TV."

"If I had my previous body, I might be able. I am now just a kid and with half of its original strength. I am really considering talking to Eric and bring him in. But I am not sure how to explain all this to him, any ideas?”

Spacey answers: “Yes, you are completely right TJ. Drink some Spring Water first and see what your current condition is. We’ll think of how after that.” Theodore confirms: “Yes!”

Theodore reaches the Water Well and sees it was just like a normal Water Well he saw on pictures. He wanted to see the Spring Water in the Water Well and touch the edge. Suddenly he hears a jingle from the arms of the Eyeglasses, which made him focus on the glasses and saw a notification that says:

Structure, Water Well 1x1 (upgradable): provided with pulley, detachable bucket, water spoon and cup, adjustable to user strength; Function: Gathering point of unlimited Space Spring Water
Currently Available:
Unlimited supply of Space Spring Water level1
Others: Automatically cleansing of attached tools every 15 minutes

Theodore exclaimed and says: “Wow, these glasses are like smart glasses! But Spacey, couldn’t you send this information directly to my eye retina?”

Spacey answers: “Yes TJ, it is possible but sometimes inconvenient in certain situations you are in. And these Eyeglasses give this type of information to those who aren’t directly connected with the Spatial Server as well.”

“You don’t want to hear a notification of “Radishes are ready to be harvested”, while you are outside in a discussion or in a fight?”

Theodore contemplated a little and says: “Yes you are right, Spacey. I would be distracted indeed. This way we can keep the things from OFT-Space and outside separate from each other. Thanks!”

Theodore walks to the bucket and threw it in the Well, waiting till the bucket made a ‘splash’ sound, he operates the pulley to pull the bucket up and exclaimed: “It so light, I thought it would be harder”

Spacey answers: “All tools adjust to the user strength.”

Theodore exclaimed and says: “If it’s really like this then perhaps, I will be able to manage it.” He took the bucket and placed it on the ground with the water spoon he took some water out of the bucket. With his finger, he touched the water which prompted another jingle. He focused on the notification:

Space Spring Water (level 1), Energized Water through years of being in contact with the positively energized atmosphere, has positive effects on all living organisms, unlimited; Function: Can be consumed, Has an effect on the human body and give a certain degree of improvements, It can be used to irrigate the Space soil, which increases crop maturity time (10 times); Others: It can be brought out of space for use, which can improve soil and water outside of OFT-Space.

Theodore became jubilant reading the notification and threw the water in the spoon away and quickly refilled it. He moved the spoon to his mouth and drank it.

The moment it went into his body, it felt like every part of his body came to live. His blood began to flow smoother and his heart thumbed louder, he could feel his skeleton and organs became a bit tougher. His skin felt smoother in touch when he moved his fingers over it. His sight and hearing became sharper. But it felt if it wasn’t enough, he filled the cup and drank it in one gulp. Again he felt the tingling in his body.

Thinking trying another cup, Spacey intervened and says: “That’s as far the body improvements go TJ, another cup won’t help much than lessen your thirst. It’s probably the Holy potion that prevents further improvements. We will need to find other ways to enhance your body. But I suggest for now to dig a hole somewhere, soon all the impurities will need a way to move out your body.”

The moment Theodore hears Spacey words he felt a strong burning sensation in his intestines slowly moving to his bottom. Theodore jumped and ran towards the Tree and starts to dig a hole. He crouched down and dumped all that was in him inside the hole. Spacey says: “Aww jeez, there goes our Nordic Spruce Tree, polluted by a 10 years old biohazard kid!”

Theodore red and ashamed, he looked in the air and says: “Spacey, I can’t help it! Why is there no toilet here? Whew, that is so smelly! The tree won’t die right, tell me you were kidding.” Theodore removed all his clothes, put it a little further away from the hole, and then proceed covering the hole. He picked up his clothes and moved to the bucket of water and start cleaning his body.

While doing so, Spacey answers: “Yes TJ, nothing will happen to the tree. The goo will be recycled by the Space soil and all harmful substances will be removed out of the soil. Perhaps it will level up the bottles pesticide and herbicide in the shed.” Theodore dried himself with his sweater and only dressed him in pants and shoes. The sweater he washed and laid it on the edge of the well to dry.

Spacey says: “TJ, you could focus on the Nordic Spruce Tree with the Eyeglasses and see its condition.” Theodore did as Spacey said subconsciously and moved his sight to the Nordic Spruce Tree and details were sent to his eyes:

Nordic Spruce Tree, full maturity in 10 years with maximum height of 30.5 meter; Status: Healthy, Age 5 years, height 15.25 meter, enough watered; Function: Used for cheap building materials, Fire wood, Christmas decoration; Others: When fully matured, provides cone seeds. (2)

Theodore exclaimed and says: “Ahh.. so this can also be seen through it. But Spacey, 10 years, does it really take 10 years to grow are there not any trees that grow faster?”

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) Using the Metric system (Kilometer, Kiloliter, Kilogram, Celcius, etc) as I myself was plagued with the others measurement systems, now it’s your turn. Though there are a lot of conversions metrics websites on internet. Enjoy! To make you not guess wildly, 1 meter is 3.28 feet (39.37 inch), 1 kilometer is 0.62 miles (3280.83 feet).
  • 2) Whew, if you know how much research goes into knowing crops, trees and the likes, than you’ll know why I am pretty slow in writing this novel. But I can tell you now I will only write about the 1 through 2 or 3 levels which Theodore is able to plant or construct buildings. Later this will be done based on rough estimates. It will bore you to if I publish the whole list that would cover 2-3 chapters. Perhaps I will do so in the glossary if it can contain the information or I would need to find other methods to show the list.
11