Volume 0001-Transmigration, Chapter – 011 – Confiding
389 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking away with Theodore, Eric couldn’t help but ask: “Are you really okay, son?” Theodore answers: “Yes dad, I am. After dinner, I would like to tell you all about something I’ve recently been given and share it with you all.”

Eric deeply looks at Theodore and says: “What do you mean my son?” Theodore answers whispering: “It won’t do us any harm. We might even benefit greatly from it and if possible we will have a method to find a cure for that Holy Potion.”

Eric froze up and asks with a hushed voice: “Son, did you knock your head again?” Theodore laughs and says back in a hushed voice: “Dad, believe in me! I need your trust more than ever. Wait until I am done showering and I tell you all after dinner.”

Eric nodded and says: “I would like to hear what you have to tell us.” They walk into Eric's bedroom took the bag with Theodore’s clothes and walk toward Theodore’s room.

Eric put the bag near the bed and says to Theodore: “Son, go wash up and we’ll meet soon. I’ll go wake up the girls, then help Bruce with the dining table.” Theodore answers: “Yes, I’ll be done in 15 minutes and meet up with you.” Eric looks at Theodore paused for a while, then turns around and moves out of the room.

 

Theodore gave a sigh of relief and opens the bag to fetch some clean clothes, he walks out of the room towards the shower, where he cleans himself of the dried sweat from the earlier farming and stretch exercises. He put on fresh clean clothes and walks back to his room preparing the words he would say.

When Theodore was back in his room, he fetched the Backpack from under the bed which he hid earlier. He placed it on the bed and covered it with a blanket. He asks in his mind: “Spacey are you able to talk through the arms of the Eyeglasses? I don’t want you to use the voice of this body if it’s possible, it would seem that otherwise I am possessed and I don’t know how they will react. Also are you able to lock the space in the dining room, so the things we discussed won’t be leaked to the outside.” Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore, I am able to do both and it would be better to use the Eyeglasses if I need to talk to them. Do you have any idea where to start?

Theodore says: “Yes, I know where to start, but I have to see their reaction after that and then choose which direction to go after that. At some point, I will introduce you and hopefully, they can accept our current condition.” Spacey answers: “Yes, feel where the conversation needs to be led.”

 

Theodore looks at the door and hears a knock. He hears Jenna’s voice comes through it: “Theodore, are you ready?” Theodore answers: “Yes Jen, come in.” Jenna opens the door, she and Maggie walk in.

Theodore asks: “Is dinner ready?” Jenna answers: “Yes Theo, we were sent to get you.”

Theodore looks at both and says: “Listen Jenna, Maggie, after dinner I have something really important to tell our parents which you might not understand. I will explain to you both after, I’ll take both of you and our parents to a place that will be our future ‘real’ home. We can spend more time together in there, but you have to promise me that everything you see and hear there, will be our family’s secret. It could really be dangerous if outsiders hear about it, not just me but for you and our parents as well. Do you understand?”

Jenna answers: “Not sure Theo, you are acting quite strange. But I trust you and will keep it a secret, Maggie you too, right?” Maggie answers: “Yes!”

Theodore looks at them again and says: “Umm… I have something under the covers of my blanket. It’s kind of a surprise for all of you, if I ask you to fetch it after we’ve eaten, would you do it for me?” Jenna answers: “Yes I will do it. But what is it?”

Theodore says: “Uncover the blanket and you’ll see.” Jenna pulled the blanket of the Backpack and looks at it with question marks on top of her head.
Theodore laughs and says: “It’s a bag of some sorts, but your arms and hands are freed up to do what you want to do when you carry it on your back. Remember what I told you before, we can come up with ideas no one has ever thought about and sell it to make money. This is one I’ve come up with for our family. I’ll show you after dinner and you’ll understand, let’s go our parents are waiting for us.”

Jenna and Maggie look at the bag then at Theodore who already walks away, they look at each other and both pulled their shoulders up and followed Theodore walking towards the dining room.

 

Eric sees his kids and niece coming, and says: “Come let’s eat dinner, it’s getting cold already.” Theodore answers: “Yes dad, sorry we are late.” Theodore grabs a seat, looks at Jade and May, saying to both of them: “Smells great mom, aunty. I am really going to enjoy filling my belly with your cooking. Thanks!”

Jenna and Maggie with drool hanging on their lips, saying simultaneously: “Me too!”

 

They got seated and ready to eat this well-filled dining table, but waited till Eric says the word. Eric looks at all seated in the chairs and says: “First I want to thank Jade and May for cooking us a delicious meal for us to enjoy.” Everyone nodded and thank Jade and May.

Eric continues: “Second, I want to apologize to all of you not being able to prevent what happened at the Clan and we were expelled. We are now joined with each other to build a future without Clan support. It will be hard but I trust mine and Bruce's capabilities to work out something as we did with the Clan Shops. If no one else has anything to say, let’s enjoy the meal cooked by Jade and May and fill our bellies.”

Theodore got off his chair and bowed, while saying: “Yes, I have much to tell but that will be after we enjoyed this delicious meal. But I would like to add to my dad’s words, I am terrible sorry what has happened and will surely make it up to you all.” Theodore stood back straight and sits on his chair and says: “Let’s not waste more time and eat before it gets cold.”  

Eric glances at Jade, back to the rest, and says: “Enjoy the meal.”

 

Everyone took their cutlery and start digging in while enjoying the meal. Some are having small talks, while others just listen. Meanwhile, Theodore was conversing with Spacey and says: “Spacey, it might be rude to you but I am going to say that you’re a system umm…maybe a controller of OFT Space, which was granted to me due to the Holy potion. The people here probably don’t know what computers are. I think it would be better accepted than an unknown organism that infiltrates the bodies of people. They will think you are some sort of ghost or demon that takes control over people even if they are my current family and their friend, they will remain suspicious of me and perhaps guarded. With this new idea, it will be less and you’ll be easily accepted. Don’t you agree?”

Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore! I completely agree with you. It would be different if our existence is already known then explain to them how it all starts which will be rather hard to do. I assume you wish to organize the information we already have to something more practical?

Theodore says: “Yes, just the information about Spatial Server and OFT-Space as statistics, but cropped such as those video games and you and I will fill in the blanks with Q&A’s.” Spacey answers: “I’ll do it straight away, what do we do with those copy fragments?”

Theodore says:” Keep them stored on the server. It could be of vital importance if the gig is up and we need to get clean about it. Also, we can slowly introduce you as time passes and I really want them to know. So we can laugh to all the people who receive your kind and says: “Thank you, god, for giving me your blessing!” Ohh…how wrong they’ll be if they found out the truth, but I can assume your kind will then be met with a lot of problems.” Spacey says: “Yes, I don’t want more of our kind to be attached to your kind, short-lived, easily emotional, stinky goo, brrr. The thought of it just gives me shivers in my spine!”

Theodore spurted out the food in his mouth onto his plate and suddenly laughs. The rest looks at him strangely while Jade stood up with concerns and asks: “Theodore, are you all right?”

Theodore says: “I am sorry! Something got stuck in my throat which tickled. I’ll get a new plate.” May stood up and walks towards Theodore, saying “No it’s okay, stay seated. I’ll get a new plate for you.” She took the old plate and walked towards the kitchen. Theodore says: “Thank you, Aunt May!”

Eric sat at the head on the table, he put down his cutlery, looks at Theodore, and says: “Son, out with it. Since you have woken up, you changed too drastically and I hope you can truly explain to us what really happened with you.” Meanwhile, Bruce and others just nodded.

 

Theodore began his deliberation in his mind and starts telling his situation: “Yes, I have changed and I am glad you have noticed it. But it is all good! I’ll take you all to a place later today, that we can call our true home for all of us. I am not actually sure how to explain this, but maybe this is a divine intervention for all the wrong that has been done to us.” May walks in with a new plate and caught the last sentence Theodore said.

Theodore says in his mind: “Now all are here, please lock the space Spacey” Spacey answers: “Roger that!” Theodore: “Ohh… you! You really pick the right time to jest with me!

Eric asks carefully: “What kind of place are you going to take us all too?” Theodore answers: “Well, right now it’s nothing special, just a piece of land full of greens but it’s kind of wondrous. Let me explain.”

Taking a deep breath, Theodore began his well thought out sentences: “While I was out cold and they gave me that Holy Potion of Redemption, those 2 potions already in my body started to react with that drop of Holy Potion, which opened a distortion within the air. Something came out of it and merged with my body.”

Spacey intervened and says: “TJ, you were actually right what really happened, but those 3 potions had a heavy effect on the soul that was already suppressed, which slowly killed the original host of the body after careful deliberating and watching the scene when we entered. But it doesn’t matter continue on.”

Listening to it, Theodore shrugs it off and continues: “Though I was thrice affected, it somehow counteracted with each other. During my unconscious state, that something showed me memories of an ordinary human. His name was Rick and lived somewhere else not on this planet.”

Pointing his finger to the sky, Theodore says: “We are not alone and it seems like there are other planets out there that can sustain human life. And perhaps also other races, though I am unsure, as Rick came from a planet that consists only out of humans. But unlike us here, their planet doesn’t have much QI particles that float in their atmosphere. They relied only on science and technology, which we have neglected here and are more focused on Practice QI and Cold Weapons.”

“That something couldn’t tell me much more than that, but showed me what Rick has built. It’s a piece of land which he isolated in a dimension. He created his perfect view of what he had imagined, something he picked up from a game on a machine he played in his world and a controller that would guide the inheritor to build something which he could not. Because Rick already died, the controller remained 5 decades in a learning hibernation in that dimension, until it was called to me by an unknown force.”

“I’ll show you later some of the things it, which I called Spacey, has given to me. The food is already getting cold. Let’s finish eating before continuing on.”

 

Eric stood up from his chair and says: “Now hold on son, telling us all of this and keeping us suspended is not how we do things. Continue on!” Theodore looks at Eric then looks at Jenna: “Jen, can you get the bag on my bed.”

Jenna jumps out of her chair and says: “Yes, Theo! I’ll grab it really swiftly.” And she ran off. Theodore looks at the food and says: “It’s a shame it gets all wasted, let me grab a bite really quick and so would you all!” Jenna came back with a strange bag in her hands and gives it to Theodore.

Theodore says: “Thank you, Jenna. Go and eat something, fill your belly cause where we later are going, there is only something to drink.” Jenna answers: “Yes Theo!”

 

Theodore stood up and gave the bag to his dad and says: “I can’t remember because I was never interested in such bags, but do we have something like this in the Kingdom or Continent?”

Eric looks at it and asks: “No, I haven’t seen such a bag, any of you?” The rest shook their head and Bruce answers: “No, not that I can remember. How does it work, Theodore?”

Theodore says: “This is called a Backpack that’s quite popular amongst workers and students in that other world, who are required to carry books and other materials for their work or lessons. Just push your arms through the handles and the bag goes on the back and you can carry it with your hands freed up to do whatever you want to do.” Showing how to put it on in front of them, after he took it off and gave it back to Eric.

 

Eric and Bruce look at it and surprise were written on their faces. Theodore says: “See, such an easy thing to make. But we here don’t come up with such simple ideas for whatever reason. Also, this Backpack is special, look inside, dad.” Eric opens it and glanced inside.

Eric puzzled and looks back at Theodore, saying: “There is nothing inside.” Theodore laughs and says: “Don’t look with your eyes, concentrate on the backpack, and look with your mind.”

Eric did what Theodore says and a few seconds later, his face shows a surprising look and after he handed the Backpack to Bruce, who did the same and the same surprise look was written on his face, the Backpack moved towards to the others. Eric says: “This is a space bag, Theodore? And those tools are farming tools?”

Theodore says: “Yes, it’s a space bag and it can contain objects in a storage space that is within 10-meter length x 10-meter width x 10-meter in height. They are farming tools but quite special. This is all made by that Rick in the other dimension he was in. Wait let me take something out.” He picks up the Backpack and takes out 4 Eyeglasses. And says: “These are special too, they will change in size to match you, so don’t suddenly drop them.”

Theodore gave one each to Eric, Bruce, and May, once handed over it suddenly changed size. And he says: “Open the arms and put it on your nose and the handle should go behind the ears. Just like this.” After he showed how he handed his to Jade.

Theodore says: “Okay, these glasses are special as I said. It will show you the information in the glasses that can be seen only by the wearer. In the arms there are objects embedded in it, that will transmit sounds. So if you see and hear something, don’t throw the glasses away, okay!”
He looks at Jenna and Maggie, saying: “You two have to wait a while as I said before. I just don’t have enough of these things. Okay?” Jenna answers: “Yes Theo, I understand.”
Theodore says: “Eat and make sure your belly is full, both of you!” He turns his head look at his parents and Maggie’s parents.

Theodore says: “Spacey, please introduce yourself to my parents and Maggie’s parents, will you.” From the arms of the Eyeglasses, a voice was heard: “Yes of course Theodore. Hello Eric, Jade, Bruce, and May!”

“As Theodore already explained most part of it, Rick built a system in another dimension. This dimension is ruled by the concept of Space-Time law, which I gradually gain knowledge over it and could maintain myself in the dimension for over 5 decades. With so much time in hand and the knowledge of the memories of my creator, and Space-Time law, I enhanced his creation and expanded it.”

“The primary task is to build up an agriculture society, which can grow in any directions the inheritor wants. Due to the enormous size of the territory, Theodore isn’t able to manage it on his own. This is the reason why he decided to put his trust in you and wish to confide my existence including the isolated space to you. Let me show you what it looks like.”

Spacey broadcasted the OFT Space in the glasses they were wearing. They were too engrossed in the information they received and when they saw the OFT-Space they exclaimed in surprise. Spacey continues: “This is where Theodore wishes to take you all. But there are certain rules that you have to be abided to which I’ll send you the information about the isolated space soon. Before that, do you have any questions?”

 

 

Author tries to explain:

The end of the first Volume is here. Little long transmigration, but gives you some insight why it’s preferred to just keep it short within one or two chapters. Though personally I find it intriguing how such character overcome his or her emotional state and handle his or her new environment, with a back story close by not able to let loose of his original roots. Concerns of his new family, the old Theodore soul has left him in, makes it more personal and hopefully takes you with the new Theodore to his adventure.

Epilogue will follow after this.

10