Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 016 – Layout – Grafting
325 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they all appear in OFT-Space, they all hear a voice welcoming them: “Hello everyone and welcome to OFT-Space. This is the place you heard much about from Theodore and me, Spacey."

Seeing them all, but Theodore since his body is attuned to Space-Time law, a bit nauseous from the teleportation, Spacey says: "Take a few minutes to adjust, because teleportation for the first time is something you need to get used to and you might need a couple of times to fully adjust to such transportation.”

After a moment Spacey continues: “Although I can’t materialize in an energy form to show myself due to the energy needed to be used on the lands itself. I can however observe everything in OFT-Space and answer any question you might have. Just say my name and ask your question, I’ll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.”

“To your left, there is the monitor, which you can use to view the presently available terrain of the OFT-Space and also the outside world with a radius of 500 meters currently. Both can expand their range too much larger sizes when the OFT-Space levels up. This monitor is also used to buy stuff from the Spatial Store.”

“On the back of the monitor, you can place the seeds of your world, objects, and books on the retractable stand with a smaller screen than the front. Spatial Server will analyze the material and add the information in its Knowledge Database for you to understand it's some sort of library. And perhaps there are some that are useful for the OFT-Space which will upgrade the currently available crops, livestock, fishes, or maybe the OFT-Space itself.”

“In 10 minutes the countdown-timer of 5 visiting hours will officially start. Please feel free to discuss anything you want to talk about. Work hard everyone and please enjoy your stay!”

 

Jade and May look at the scenery and says both: “Beautiful!” Eric looks around and replies: “Yes, it truly is besides those few structures it seems like new lands which just been discovered. And to think it’s all ours to turn it into something that fits our own vision."

"Son, have you decided how you are going to use these lands?”

Theodore thoughtful for a moment and says: “Yes dad. I have something in mind and I hope you share the same as I do.” Eric says: “Share your thoughts and we will see if we can add some suggestions.”

 

Theodore begins explaining the layout of the land: “This first terrain we have will be filled with basic structures we need to store our gains, equipment and somewhere we can live, such as Barn, Silos, Shed, and 3 houses. One for our family and one for Uncle's family, the last one will be a meeting place for us all to gather together, to share meals, and for daily discussion."

"We also need a few light facilities for production later: woodcutter shed, windmill, spinning wheel, and distillery. But it’s best to just focus on building a house first, looking at the available construction materials we currently have.”

Theodore points towards the Well and says: “There near the Well we'll build our first house when they become available. It will be small first but most of the structures are upgradable. Later it will be a sort of Central Community Base, where we can hold meetings for planning for stuff related to here OFT-Space and out there in the world, of course, other activities can be done there as well.”

“But our primary target first is to use most of this terrain as farmlands. We start off with vegetables and fruits from which we already have received some seeds as gifts and the 4 Red Juicy Flesh Fruit tree seedling (apple tree)."

"We have to buy 5 more Long Orange Digging Root seeds (carrots) to fill up the first amount of experience points to level up this OFT-Space to level 2. Maybe more, so we can keep harvesting crops after leveling by then there will be more options in the store. Hopefully, some grains, which provide high yields and much more variety in producing other stuff we need on farms, such as hay, flour, oil, and fibers.”

“Later flowers are available to plant, these give us a beautiful view of our terrain. But if I remember it correctly the earnings we receive are much higher than the common crops and provide us with additional MaCs.”

Bruce interrupted and asks: “Where do these magical crystals come from, Theodore?” Spacey answers instead: “The dimension we are in was once part of an advanced galaxy, much like the world you currently are living in. Something happened in the past within this galaxy many millennia ago, probably a fierce battle that destroyed all the planets around this sun which threw this sun and the floating debris in a separate dimension. This land is built with that floating debris in space, the remains of those planets. Some high quantity of materials including those magical crystals was found in that debris.”

Bruce with his mouth agape and so were the others. They couldn’t comprehend the scale of such a thing happening which made them flabbergasted. Theodore pointed at the Sun and says: “A galaxy consists of many of such suns just the same as you see there, the Azure planet is a part of a similar galaxy as well and has a sun. I am unsure if this sun in this dimension came from our current galaxy or another one. Each sun should have planets rotating around it, which takes eons to form through attracting and repulsive pressure giving off by the sun. Earth did a lot of theorizing about outer space subjects and the creation of their own planet, according to Rick’s memories.” (1)

“But let’s get back to matters we can influence ourselves in OFT-Space and later when we have time we can delve deeper into those subjects if interested.” Bruce and the others nodded.

 

Theodore thought a bit and continues: “Flowers are, as I understand, where our higher earning lies. With some flowers, we can produce fragrant oils which we know as perfume. Others can be used for making medicine or poisons, such as the Holy Potion.”

“Flowers are usually grown from shrubs which can be kept alive for over 20 years if trimmed properly. And each year we can have multiple harvests of such flowers for production or to decorate our house later with its fragrant scent. Imagine a field with those.”

“If we make perfume and maybe other stuff, we can sell it to trustworthy merchants out there for them to resell it to the nobles. I am sure dad and Uncle still know some?”

Eric answers: “Yes, but they are all greedy!” Theodore shakes his head and answers: “It doesn’t matter, I believe the costs needed to produce them here in OFT-Space will be 10 times smaller than out there. We will earn anyways.” Eric and the others fell deep in thought and realized that the possibilities Space brought with them, big smiles appearing on Eric and Bruce's faces. Eric says: “You are absolutely right, son.”

 

Theodore thought a little bit more to see if he forgot something, and says: “Think that’s the layout of the land I have in mind for now. Later more of such terrain will be available for us to keep expanding. If you have anything to add, just tell me when we let the OFT-Space analyze the seeds.” He stood up from the bench and walks behind the monitor. Pushing a button lowered down a stand where he could place objects on it.

Theodore looks at Eric and says: “Can you hand me the seeds dad, Uncle Bruce?” Bruce looks at Eric and Eric took about 30 bags of seeds out of the Backpack and says: “These are the common seeds we prepared for farming in our fields in the backyard. We didn't buy much as we are unsure which ones we will concentrate on, but we have those that were previously showed in the Eyeglasses. Do you require all of them?”

 

Theodore looks up in space and asks: “Spacey please explain how many you need and what you’re going to do with them.”

Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore! I’ll require 10 seeds at most of each bag. These seeds will be planted in another piece of land of which you won’t be able to enter, due to the time acceleration there which your body isn't able to handle and Spatial Server isn't able to stop your body from aging. Time acceleration on that piece of land runs much faster than what is provided in this OFT-Space, such as the soil, water, and fertilizer."

“Out of the 10 fully matured plants the best will be chosen and the characteristics will be announced, this will be done in 5 seconds per group of seeds. Meanwhile, through the Spatial Server, the characteristics will be matched with other crops available in the OFT-Space. If there are multiple crops gaining the advantage of these characteristics then this plant will be fully grown till it blooms and bears seeds. These seeds will be replanted until they are fully grown plants again.”

“Tissues of these plants will be taken and joined with the crops that improve the original plants in OFT-Space, creating a new advanced crop with the best-combined characteristics of both plants into one. This process is called grafting and won’t take much time to carry out, about 5 minutes in total.” (2)

 

Suddenly they heard a ‘jingle’ and a message was heard throughout OFT-Space:

“Timer 5 hours active visiting hours start counting down now!”

The whole place came alive, very different from Theodore's first meet. There was wind softly blowing in the air, the grass dancing along with the wind and the Nordic Spruce tree swaying its branches. The Sun gave off a little heat and shining its rays on the terrain, it was still a little cold as it was early spring.

They looked all around with brightness in their eyes. Spacey interrupted their sightseeing and says: “Place the first 10 seeds on the retractable stand. You can observe the whole process on the screen on this side of the monitor.”

Theodore picks the real Long Orange Digging Roots (carrots), which is shown on a picture on the bag, of the current world, and placed 10 seeds on the stand. The bag containing the rest he gives back to his dad.

5 seconds later they heard throughout OFT Space:

“New common Root vegetable detected: Nutrition provided by this crop lacks compared to the root vegetables in the OFT-Space, but it does provide several advantages which the root vegetable in the OFT-Space is missing:

  1. The sturdiness of root vegetables can be grown during winter.
  2. The vegetable is attuned to energy collecting it from the soil. It can store energy in the root. After consumption provides a bit of this stored energy to consumers.
  3. Water and nutrition ratio is better compared to that of OFT Space root vegetables.

All available root vegetable seeds in OFT-Space levels up to level 2. The host receives 50 experience points.”

 

Theodore exclaimed and says: “This means all our common crops can improve in some sort of way. It takes the best properties of the two and adds it to one. This is fantastic!”

Eric confused and looks at Theodore and asks: “What does our crop lack?” Theodore answers: “I am not so sure, but I believe it has to do with something they called vitamins, Spacey?”

Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore is correct. The immunity system of the people on Earth is lacking, they are prone to catching all sorts of illness due to missing certain diets, vitamins, in their meals at the early ages.”

“Through the years several types of research have been done to improve this, such as they grafted their vegetables and cereal in such a way that those missing vitamins are added in those, to fill up the lack of it. By consuming these vegetables and cereal by the people, the human immunity system improved but takes decades and many generations of peoples to improve their immunity system, which they inherit. Also, the livestock was also given these, which also improve their quality and the nutrition they gave."

"After a period they moved to medicine and supplement pills, which after they neglected to improve their crops and livestock, due to the benefits medicine and supplement pills provide. Even degrading those, now their research is focused on replacement food, which will make prices rise once more."

"But they forget one important rule, the newly made food, be it medicine, supplement pills and replacement food are all chemically engineered that brings impurities to the bodies of which it can't expel all of it, the residue will remain and the human body needs to cope with it. Creating unknowingly all new sorts of bacteria and viruses in their world, this will then breed amongst the common people and in their living environment.”

“Whereas naturally grown vegetables and cereals with these enhancements, which the people and livestock eat, will benefit the humans better in the long term, because it’s the natural ecosystem process how it should be. They all forget about the past.”

"This is a constant research on Earth as newly bacteria or a virus pops up out of nowhere, manmade, nature or existing old illnesses that were hidden in ice for centuries that melted and let it free again. This process is an everlasting cycle there on Earth.” (3)

“Here it’s different due to the use of energy within all the people they can feel and move around within their bodies which makes them somewhat immune to illnesses. But the added vitamins can provide some extra nutrition which you benefit from and with the added advantages from the crops here and later the livestock. It will only be advantageous for you.” 

“Your bodies get healthier, the skin will be smooth, hair gets a glossy afterglow, eyesight will be sharper and digestion of food is easier, and many more advantages.”

Jade and May exclaimed and were happy with this outcome. While Eric and Bruce look like they swallowed a fly. The girls were still confused as ever.

 

Theodore rejoices and says: “We will only get better crop, dad. Imagine that these common crops will become some sort of magical crops. Let’s do the rest of the seeds and then we can get on with working the fields.” He continues placing the 10 seeds from each bag on the stand. Meanwhile, the screen was showing the grafting process of the carrot and the long orange digging root.

“New common Leaf vegetable detected: Nutrition provided by this crop lacks compared to the leaf vegetables in the OFT-Space, but it does provide several advantages which the leaf vegetable in the OFT-Space is missing:

  1. The sturdiness of leaf vegetables can be grown also during summer and winter.
  2. The vegetable is attuned to energy collecting it directly from the sun rays. It can store energy in the leaf veins. After consumption provides a bit of this stored energy to consumers.
  3. Water and nutrition ratio is better compared to that of OFT Space leaf vegetables.

All available leaf vegetable seeds in OFT-Space levels up to level 2. The host receives 50 experience points.”

 

After the message, Theodore places the next 10 seeds on the stand.

“New common Herb detected: Nutrition provided by this crop lacks compared to the herb in the OFT-Space, but it does provide several advantages which the herbs in the OFT-Space are missing:

  1. The sturdiness of herb, it can be grown during summer-winter.
  2. Herb is attuned to energy collecting it directly from the soil and the sun rays. It can store some of the energy in the herb. After consumption, it provides a bit of this stored energy to consumers.
  3. Water and nutrition ratio is better compared to that of OFT Space herb plants.

All available herb plant seeds in OFT-Space levels up to level 2. The host receives 75 experience points.”

 

Theodore placed another 10 seeds on the stand. The emotions of the body flared up again unnoticed being excited as a 10 years old boy should be.

“New common Leaf vegetable detected: No advantages detected! Similar vegetables available in OFT-Space, these seeds will be discarded.”

Several of such messages were heard when Theodore added the next set of seeds on the stand. Like a deflated balloon, Theodore was brought back to reality and says: “So similar plants won’t provide any advantages anymore. Let’s just go through all of them,” and placed the next 10 seeds on the stand.

“New common Nut plant detected: Nutrition provided by this crop lacks compared to the herb in the OFT-Space, but it does provide several advantages which the herbs in the OFT-Space are missing:

  1. Sturdiness nut plant, it can be grown during winter.
  2. Due to the plant being attuned to energy collecting it directly from the soil and the sun rays. It can store some of the energy in nut seeds. After consumption, it provides a bit of this stored energy to consumers.
  3. Water and nutrition ratio is better compared to that of OFT Space nut plants.
  4. The seed provides a bit more oil than before.

All available nut plant seeds in OFT-Space levels up to level 2. The host receives 75 experience points.”

 

Suddenly a message was heard throughout OFT-Space which brought them all back to what they are here for.

“All root vegetable seeds have been replaced with the newly grafted seeds in the Spatial Store and Seeds Storage Locker. Already planted seeds or harvested crops of this type will not receive any of these benefits.”

 

Theodore says: “Well, the Long Orange Digging Root seeds (carrots) are replaced with these new seeds. I think we should start farming.”

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) This week I'll be reviewing already published chapters and might correct some little mistakes written. It won't harm the story line and nothing major. Be patient as this is still day one. The foundation of the story is almost laid and Volume 2 will have some Time Skips, which will reasonable explained why, it's not like Theodore will be on the field watching how the carrots grow each day, and this silly author is writing about every step on the way. How boring :s
  • 2) If you want to know more about grafting, look it up on Wikipedia under the name ‘Grafting’. Very interesting article how our various farming crops went through several process of enhancing.
  • 3) Referring to the current crisis that's plaguing our current daily lives all over the world and another look at things of what might be the cause of it, which could be traced in rare articles or video clips on internet. But you will need to do your own research. 3D food is your first clue.
    Hope all readers are well and healthy, stay strong people and cautious. 
10