Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 017 – Business – Conviction
323 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore turns his head and looks at the girls and says: “Jen, Mags can you do this? Add just 10 seeds on the stand from about the 20 to 25 remaining bags each on the right, then place the bag which you already did on the ground to the left. Simple isn’t it?” Jenna answers: “Yes Theo. This isn’t hard to do!”

 Again a somewhat similar message was heard throughout OFT-Space.

“All leaf vegetable seeds have been replaced with the newly grafted seeds in the Spatial Store and Seeds Storage Locker. Already planted seeds or harvested crops of this type will not receive any of these benefits.”

Theodore continues saying to the girls: “While doing so, you can watch a movie on the screen which I’ve already told you about. The screen is a little smaller compared to that in the front, but you’ll be able to watch it. Later when you are done you can watch a new movie or re-watch this one.”

“Remember the movie is just a fantasy, just like drawings you like to do on paper but showed on a screen at really fast speed. You just have to follow the story containing in the movie and enjoy watching it.” Jade deflated and says: “But I and May wanted to watch it with our daughters, son!”

Theodore laughs and says: “You can mom, later when we are done working. There are many more to watch and I believe the girls won’t have enough by just watching it once. You’ll see what I mean later.” He looks to Eric and says: “Dad can you place 2 chairs near the stand so the girls have something to rest on.” Eric answers: “Yes son, we’ll do that.”

Again a somewhat similar message was heard throughout OFT-Space.

“All herb plant seeds have been replaced with the newly grafted seeds in the Spatial Store and Seeds Storage Locker. Already planted seeds or harvested crops of this type will not receive any of these benefits.”

Theodore looks in empty space and says: “Spacey, can you put Lion King on the screen for the girls to watch, but notify them to add the seeds on the stand once in a while if they get too immersed into the movie. And also turn the notifications to the Eyeglasses. Can you do that?” Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore. All done! Just say the word ‘Play Lion King’ and it will start.”

Theodore looks at Jenna and Maggie who were in doubt, says to them: “When you are seated and ready to watch, just say those words “Play Lion King” and the movie will start, okay?” Jenna still in doubt but answers: “Yes Theo.”

Theodore looks at Eric and the others say: “Let’s get started.” He walks to the front of the monitor and selected the carrot seeds for purchase. The new details are shown on the screen.

On the front monitor the new information of the Long Orange Digging root could be seen:

Vegetable Plant - Carrot: sack of carrot seeds (Long Orange Digging Root) contains 276 seeds which can be planted on 1 square of farmland.
Level: 2
Costs to Purchase (gold coins): 18.80
Planting season (5 XP): Can be planted the whole year round.
Watering details: Once in a week
Harvesting details (5 XP): Full maturity in 2.5 months with a diameter of 4.0 - 4.5cm and length of 20cm, can be harvested from earliest on day 57 till 60 days. The earlier you harvest the sweeter the taste. Pull whole plant out of the ground once matured.
Storage details: Root will be cut off from the stem and leaves, roots will be stored in Harvest Locker, stem and leaves in the Feeder Locker.
Usage:  
Cooking: Once cleaned, root can be eaten raw or can be diced and cooked with any dishes, as well pickled. Consumer will receive some of the contain energy.
Feeder Production: Stem, leaves will be treated and dried, then added to livestock and fish fodder. Leftover energy will benefit the livestock and fishes.
Earning details after selling harvest; 30.37 gold coins 0 MaCs 49.68 XP
Condition; 276 Carrots, diameter 4.0 cm - 4.5cm & length 18cm - 20cm

Theodore looks at details and says: “The price went up! Phew … so did the earnings and crop have improved a bit, so it balanced itself out? Hmmm… dad, how many sacks of seeds do I buy?” Eric answers: “Just buy 5 for now son. With the 4 we already have and the one you’ve already planted, perhaps soon there will be another round of that so-called grafting and the seeds will improve further.”

Theodore hit his head and says: “Yeah, why didn’t I think of that! Your right dad, let’s do that. I don’t think it’s any use if we stock 20 sacks of seeds. The adjusted price will just be subtracted from our money.” Spacey answers: “Yes that’s right! It didn’t happen with the current seeds in storage as those were gifted to you.”

Suddenly Jenna walks up to Theodore and says: “Theo, we added 10 seeds and it disappeared. We didn’t hear a voice saying that it ‘detected’ new crop, shouldn’t we hear something after a few seconds?” Theodore smiles and says: “I ask Spacey to mute the sound in this Space and send it directly to the Eyeglasses, so you won’t be disturbed by the voice when watching the movie. There is a tiny light bulb next to the screen, when it shows red the analyzer is busy and when it shows green you can add another set of seeds. Sorry for not explaining that well to you.”

Jenna grumbles and says: “Ohh … you! And we were waiting for that voice before we would start playing that movie.” She turns around and ran back to her seat.

Theodore looks at his dad and says: “Another 75 experience points and improvements on our spice crops here in Space. It’s going well. Let me buy the 5 sacks first than we look at the progress of OFT-Space.” He bought 5 sacks of carrots seeds and moves his finger to the selection of the status of OFT-Space, which shows:

Status:

Progress:

Upgrade to
level:
XP Gained:

XP Required:

Spatial Server level 1 progress to level 2: 22 % 2 330 1500
OFT-Space level 1 progress to level 2: 66 % 2 330 500
Accounting   Current Amount: Previous Amount:  
Available Gold Coins:   1,901 1995  
Available MaCs:   24 30  

Log - max 5 newest logs will be showed:

  • Bought 5 sacks of carrot seeds level 2, - 94 gold coins
  • Upgrade Spice plants to level 2, + 75 XP
  • Upgrade Nut plants to level 2, + 75 XP
  • Upgrade Herb plants to level 2, +75 XP
  • Upgrade Leaf vegetable to level 2, + 50 XP
 [Show more / older logs]        

Theodore exclaimed and says: “Spacey this screen is improved and the XP is gaining fast for OFT-Space, did you add those logs for our convenient sake? I guess the 6 MaCs are those I gave earlier to have them enter?” Spacey answers: “Yes, it would be easier to follow the course of spending and earning. You could press the older logs to see the history, but you are right!” Theodore nodded.

Theodore looks at the others and says: “Let’s go I’ll show you how to farm within this OFT-Space.” He walks towards the well, after reaching it he starts undressing while saying: “Dad can you give me the Backpack, I need to change of clothes.” Eric handed reluctantly the Backpack to Theodore.

Theodore laughs and says seriously to Eric: “Dad, don’t be sorrowful you’ll be able to carry it around here in OFT-Space for a while. We can’t do this in the outside world to frequently or rather not, as you said these kinds of bags are unknown and you’ll attract unwanted notice toward us.” Eric coming back from his own thoughts and taps his own head and says: “You’re completely right son. I completely forgot about it.”

Theodore says: “But I have an idea to introduce regular Backpacks in this world and sell the design to some merchants. They probably will rip us off and a lot of copies will appear in our Kingdom and soon the entire continent though it doesn’t matter the more apparent the faster we can bring ours into the world. They won’t be able to tell the difference between the regular and ours.”

Eric surprised and with a big smile, he says: “That’s a wonderful idea, this way we can weed out the honest merchants from the bad ones. And with the future business, we can select those who we can put our trust in.” Theodore says: “Yes, that’s exactly my thoughts and we also can do background checks to see which nobles these merchants are affiliated with. Later if we have more luxurious goods, we can try contacting them directly and offering these businesses to them. Putting one foot back into nobility and then gather information about our own Clan from the outside, perhaps we can aid Grandfather this way.” 

Eric with a sad expression on his face and says: “Thank you, son!” Jade saw this and hugs Eric, she knows that Eric still can’t let loose of the Clan and trying to find a way back for them.

Theodore looks at them both and says: “I know what Grandpa did for our Wilde family and what his mother had sacrificed back then when they were just a tiny family, who got approached by those lechers Stillard and Barry because their own prospects didn’t look good.”

“Though I can see why Grandpa allowed forming a Clan with them, his control over the Clan is slowly declining with inner-families marriages. But let’s discuss that later when we are done with these 9 squares of farmland.” Eric could only sigh to those words, he knew the words Theodore has spoken were right. There was absolutely no way to stop those other families to take control over the whole Clan once his father retires and it seems likely to happen very soon as the Kingdom itself would see a change within the Royal Palace. The King is getting old as well and there will be a fierce battle for the succession of the Throne by the Princes.

Theodore exclaimed and says: “Ohh… that’s quite a boost of 100 XP the Red Juicy Flesh Fruit seed (apple) improved all future tree barks and fruit from trees getting bustier. Wonderful!”

While conversing he took the Overall, boots, gloves, belt, and a shovel out of the backpack. Theodore picks up the Overall and says: “Once you hold any equipment in your hand, a message is heard in the arms of the Eyeglasses asking if you want to see the details. I’ve seen these already but I’ll do it again with the overall and you’ll see the following details:

Outfit, Work Overall:  Auto fit in size to wearer, Prevents wearer from sustaining minor injuries; Function: Provide wearer’s body with little supplements to able to work longer; Others: Work Overall can be taken outside OFT-Space.

Eric and the others exclaimed. They started to notice that everything in here is truly different from the things outside. Theodore says: “Try seeing the details of the other things in your glasses. Just answer in your mind with yes and you’ll see the details afterward.” They picked each object and chatted with each other.

Theodore already knows they were charmed about the OFT Space and he finally says: “The same goes with the structures within OFT-Space, just touch this Well or even the soil and water, the same message will ask if you wish to view the details.” He continues to dress, while the others are reading the details. He took the containers from the Backpack and attached them on his belt.

 

Theodore walks to his first field with planted carrot seeds and started to water them with the Water Can, he says: “I didn’t have time to water them when I was done with planting previously.” After a few minutes, he was done. He walks to an untouched terrain and looks at the other.

Theodore starts explaining: “As you can see around you, all lands that are untouched are filled with grass. But if you look closer with the Eyeglasses to the ground on these lands, you’ll see they are all divided into squares with 2 meters in length by 2 meters in width. There are a total of 8,000 of these squares available on terrain or with other words plot of land, which you were already superficially informed by Spacey in those introductory of Spatial Server and OFT-Space.”

“But seeing it yourselves will probably give you a better scope of how large this plot of land is. And you will be more shocked to know that there are more of such plots available on each side on the end of this open terrain, which we can buy to expand our further increasing terrain.”

“I have a vision in mind that will change the commoners of our current world in this OFT-Space. If you’ve seen Rick’s memories of the planet Earth, you will know that the system does work but people need to gain more confidence here and trust. We can give this to the commoners by starting with giving them education and in return, they will work for us.”

Eric interrupted Theodore and says: “Look, son, I know the situation of commoners and slaves pretty well. But we can’t change this on our own because nobles will turn their sight on us and try to intervene in every step we do and we might be further suppressed in doing anything.”

 

Theodore with his own conviction says: “I know dad. My thoughts are not doing such a change out there but within OFT-Space. Later we will need more people in this OFT-Space, but we need to be cautious who we let in. Perhaps we can look at orphans amongst the commoners and raise them, as we soon have abundant food, clothes, and shelter, which we can provide to these orphans. We might even be able to pay them with coins or other commodities as compensation for doing work for us.”

“They all leading miserable lives, begging for food, or being forced to beg for coins by a group of thugs. These kids are treated lower than slaves! I wish to liberate them from their current life. At such age, they need to enjoy, learn, and play. But daily some kid in our Kingdom is thrown on the street to survive on his or her own, not to mention in other Kingdoms.”

Spacey interrupted Theodore in his mind: “Calm down TJ, this isn’t Middle Ages Earth. You can’t change the situation currently because everything you mentioned, you still don’t have! Take a step back and we’ll solve this in the future. Now get on with farming!” Theodore snapped out of it and sighs, shakes his head, and says: “Sorry, perhaps Rick's memories influenced me a bit and I couldn’t distinguish the current reality. But it’s where my future aspirations currently lie.” In his mind, he says: “Thanks Spacey for pulling me out of it

Eric looks at Theodore and says: “We can’t do anything right now. But we take this under consideration. You have really changed son, but I can understand that with the memories of Rick it made you see a totally different world with a different ruling system than in our world and it might work in here. If we want to understand that ruling system, we might need to see Rick's memories as well. I don’t know if this is possible?”

Theodore excited and answers: “Yes, it is! On the monitor, there is an option to transfer Rick’s memories to your own. But the impact will take you out for several days because it’s 37 to 41 years of new information that you will receive directly in your mind. You will basically follow him around in the time he lived looking over his shoulder. It took me 3 days to digest it all, basically, it was due to the suppression on my mind that it went so fast and it also opened up the things I was withheld from. But let’s ask Spacey if those memories can be reduced and somehow eased to the mind.”

Without waiting for the question, Spacey answers: “It would be better to do it in OFT-Space, where I can adjust the time flow of a special induce unconsciousness and shorten it, a process of a person receiving a blow on the mind or huge quantity of information which he or she needs to process. This can only happen if I have about 10 hours time to do it, you’ll need to level up OFT-Space to level 2 which you almost reached, and your progress is 96% to leveling up. There aren’t many seeds left to do and from the remaining bags, there aren’t many that can level up the crops. So you better start farming.”

 

Theodore says: “Rats! I was waiting for OFT-Space to level up, so we might be able to start with farming level 2 crops. But thanks Spacey for notifying us, we will start immediately!” He looks at the others and says: “I hoped we could get better crops on level 2, but it seems not possible currently. So stalling will only delay our future harvest. I’ll start with the next square to plant those Long Orange Digging Roots (carrots) and after you’ll do the next 8 squares.” He walks to the next square and placed his shovel in the ground and receives a message:

Assign square to be used as workable soil, confirm with ‘Yes’ or ‘No’

The others look at the same message in their glasses and couldn’t help but gasp when the soil on the square changed from grassland to dark brownish soil. And like previously done before (Volume 1, Chapter 9), he worked his second ever piece of farming and explained the entire process in detail.

 

 

Author tries to explain:

Bonus Chapter for this Wednesday as it's almost one month since I started writing. It’s a form of therapy I've been instructed to do, because of personal circumstances.

Half year went into research on the internet in farming of crops, which gradually went into some of the past 16 chapters that you have read. Livestock and buildings might contain a lot of errors, but as a writer prerogative I can put it up with flowery words :) Though as honest as I am, NOT,  I’ll try to explain the situation and of course readers input are welcome.

I am currently satisfied where this story is going, slow paced but overall reasonable foundation that has been laid out and can be followed imaginative in the future chapters, where these kind of activities won’t needed to be explained. Yes, that’s right I won’t or much less write about tilting the lands, plowing the land, fertilize the land, planting the seeds and watering the lands. Uff… what a mouthful umm… come to think about maybe once or twice. :s

Next Sunday will be a release of double chapter (again, <cringe>), where finally Theodore takes his first steps outside the house. WooHOoo! Till then, happy reading!

 

PS: I really don’t care about the views I am getting and if readers like my story or not. But… No! Of course I do care, but less as this is a form of therapy for me and I always like to write…though other sorts of letters <wink>_<wink>. So even if there is just one reader who keeps coming to enjoy this story, it will continue, so don’t worry of being abruptly stopped. It won’t happen and if it does, I’ll notify you!

And those, how are they called, proper English groups who critize about writing with proper grammer and spelling. Sorry, English is not my native tongue, I tried, but my own native tongue has priority which leads to those sentences, which might seem akward to fullbred Englishmen or higher educated readers mastered in English, but to me it sounds okay and hopefully understandable to the readers.

Criticism and idea’s are welcome, if you have any, write them out and I’ll see how to adjust or improve this story, you can send it to here on Scribble Hub mailfunction or post it in a chapter or directly send it to [email protected]. Thanks in advance!

12