Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 022 – Rainy – Progress (1)
252 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore walks off thinking about how to approach the elvish girl and not to frighten her. But soon he thought: “Well, I am in a kid’s body myself, so it wouldn’t feel threatening. But I don’t know if she reacts fiercely if I touch her, though she didn’t move an inch when I moved her on and from the field. Spacey, do keep a close watch to her expression and any sudden movement she might make. Can you do any suppression in this Space, if I am not able to react in time?” Spacey answers: “Yes, I am able to do that but not for long. The longer I do that the faster your current remaining visiting hours decrease.”

Theodore says: “No you don’t have to do that for long. I’ll find the words to say to calm her down, perhaps even use to say she could remain like that condition as long as I allow it. I hope she will understand that we are not with the group who captured her and her friends. Let’s see where it goes before we go to the extreme.” Spacey answers: “Roger that!”

 

Soon Theodore arrives at the Origin Station and looks at both parent and daughter pairs and says: “Enjoying the movie? Oh… you are already at this part where Jen and Mags already were.” Jade excitedly said: “This is amazing son! I couldn’t imagine how they could come up with this.”

Theodore smiles and says: “There are more of these things Rick watched. So everything is in his memory and can be viewed just like that. Spacey has written a program that replaces the language they speak in ours, but the lip movements are not quite flowing correctly. But I hope that shouldn’t bother you from watching.” May nodded and says: “Yes I saw that and wondered why it was so. But now I understand it and no, it’s not disturbing at all.”

Theodore says: “Okay, I’ll go see how the elvish girl is doing. The fever should be down now and she probably will wake up soon, can you pause it, I’ll join you in a bit,” and winked. In their ear, they hear Spacey's explanation and not to react towards anything that happens later. They have it covered.

 

Theodore walks towards and pretends to give her an overall check, forehead, cleaning the wound on her leg and taken her pulse. Then he sits down near her and says: “It seems you are recovering well, I am glad. Who would have known that the day we moved here, that we will meet an elvish girl on our terrain.”

“3 days ago we were still part of a Clan in this Kingdom, but we got ousted by some people in the Clan. They framed us with things we didn’t do. But, neither I nor my dad was able to defend ourselves as I was unconscious and all the contacts my dad relied on disappeared.”

“I personally was subjected to drink a drop of Holy Potion of Redemption while I was unconscious just like you are now, though we wouldn’t go to the extreme. But wondrous things happened after I drank that Potion. You see, I received this gift that you can see around you, also that what is playing on that device upfront my mom, Aunt, and their children are watching joyfully, it’s called a monitor, and those images you see are a movie. Sorts of a stack of paper with the same drawings with each little adjustments, when stacked on top each other and then moves swiftly one after each other, so you get what you currently see. I took a great risk to bring you here when I found you wounded on our terrain in the field back of our home.”

“We here are not the type to leave any wounded lying about without caring for them be it Human, Elven, Dwarven or Beastmen race. I really don’t care what people wrote or how they talk about your race, but I see every race as equal. Some have their own preferences and habits, so do we humans and who says we can’t get along. Though there are some humans in our race that are really evil, those we ourselves need to be wary against. I wonder if this is the same in the Elven race and if so how would they deal with such people?”

“It doesn’t matter though. We already know who left the wound on your leg and heard that they captured 10 more elvish children. Tomorrow at night I, my dad, and my uncle will start searching for them in the Village, hopefully, we’ll be in time to rescue them. Though I am unsure how they will react when they see other humans saving them. Oh… we heard some awful news that the friend you escaped with got hurt badly and he or she didn’t make it. I am sorry for your loss.”

Theodore kept seated and remained silent after that long speech. He heard a sniffling sound next to him. All he could do now is to wait for a response.

After some time the elvish girl says: “You are really going to save my friends?” Theodore answers: “Yes!” The elvish girl doubted and asks: “Why you are not Elven?”

Theodore acts as looking confused, and asks: “Why do we need to be Elven?” Then laughs and says: “It’s something strange in the Human race and everyone responds differently, while I personally am against slavery and oppression. But you see I need to grow to do something about it myself. Now I can only rely on my dad, Uncle, my mom, and Aunt. They are really strong you know.”

The elvish girl stares at Theodore, says: “But they have more people. When they captured us there were about 25 in total.” Theodore answers: “They won’t know it’s us. If possible we won’t fight, just save them and get out. Just how I took you in here, I believe you were already awake when I took you from the field to here?”

The elvish girl turned red and says: “Yes I was, sorry” Theodore laughs and says: “No need to be sorry. You were in a terrible state and I understand completely why you did that. May I know your name? Mine is Theodore, but you may call me Theo.” He points to his sister: “That girl is my sister Jenna, next to her my mother Jade, then my Aunt May and on her lap her daughter Maggie. The other two men are my father Eric with blond hair and Uncle Bruce.

The elvish girl responds with: “I am Rainy.” Theodore says: “Nice to meet you Rainy. I hoped I would meet the Elven race under better circumstances. I am glad I was in time to save you. I am truly sorry about your friend, if I could, I would’ve saved him or her too. But I guess both of you ran in a different direction?” Rainy was downcast and answers: “Yes, they were on our trail. We could only split up in different directions and hope they will lose us. But I think they found traces of Starry, she was my best friend.”

Theodore looks at her with sympathy, says: “Yes they must have. We can’t do anything for her right now, but we can do something about your other 10 friends. But we can discuss that later, would you want to get closer to the monitor to watch the rest of the movie playing on that device?” Rainy hesitated for a bit. So Theodore says: “They are just like me, you don’t have to be afraid. If you are hesitant, you don’t have to say anything and just sit close by and watch the movie.”

“My mom and Aunt are already aware you have woken up. You have to understand that as mothers they are protective of their children, probably the same as your own mother who must be worrying about you and the mothers of the other 10 children that are now tied somewhere. If they were surprised by you suddenly making a move, they will protect Jenna and Maggie from any harm done. So I had to inform them.”

Rainy nodded, says: “Okay.” She tried to stand up, but Theodore held her down. He says: “Stop, no don’t stand up your wound is still mending, if you move it will open again. Let my mom carry you.” He turns his head and calls over Jade: “Mom, can you help.” Jade stood up and walk in his direction.

 

When she came, she crouched down and sticks out her hand and says: “Hello, I am Theodore’s mother Jade. You can call me Aunt Jade.” Rainy shy, shakes her hand and with a little voice she says: “Hello, I am Rainy.”

Theodore says: “Mom can you carry her, she wants to get closer to the monitor and watch the rest of the movie together with you.” Jade looks at Rainy and says: “Of course, she can join us and watch the movie. Are you hungry Rainy?”

Rainy looking down on the ground, says: “Yes, we haven’t eaten for 2 days, and the things they gave us were inedible. But they gave us nothing else.”

Jade looks at Theodore and asks: “Does your dad have the food.” Theodore nodded and says: “Yes, he has it in his Backpack. He’ll soon be here with us. He’s just placing the second toilet near that big tree there. We’ll eat a light snack together and then farm another few squares with new crops. I still need to check what new things are available.” Jade says: “Okay, that’s alright.”

Jade turns her sight to Rainy and says: “Can you wait a while then we eat together while watching that movie. I’ll lift you up. If it hurts just pinch my arm really tight. You will like our daughters. They are the same age as you I think, 8 years.” Rainy says: “We count differently in your Human race we are indeed the same age, but technically in your calendar years, I should be 18 years old. We grow slowly but live longer than the average human does.”

Theodore and Jade were stunned for a moment because it wasn’t written in any of the books they’ve read. Rainy continues saying: “The reason they captured us was to sell us to the Holy Light Church. Those evil men said they would pay a huge amount for us because we are young.” Again this stunned Theodore and Jade.

Theodore came quick out of it and says: “We’ll discuss it later when my dad and Uncle are here and after the movie. For now just enjoy watching the movie together with them, okay.” Rainy says: “Okay.” Jade looks at me afraid Theodore had another outburst. Seeing he is calm she nodded.

Jade picks her up and walks closer to the monitor. She placed her in between Jenna and Maggie. They introduced each other, chatted a while before they resume watching the movie.

 

After a while Theodore sees Eric and Bruce approaching and stood up. Walks in their direction and informed them of the situation. He asks Eric for the Backpack and told them they would eat, seated on the ground. Just like an old fashion picnic. They gather together and ate,  watch the movie, and chatted with each other. Even Rainy opened up and chatted with Jenna and Maggie, Theodore sees they will become friends and it was a good sign.

Because if he wants to keep this place a secret he needs to rely on friendship and her keeping a secret of this place and everything she saw and heard from her own Race and more importantly her parents. And he was unsure if she was unable to do that if she isn’t close with any of his family or that of Maggie’s.

He would try to keep her with them a few days and have her enter OFT-Space as much as possible. This way he could explain how important OFT-Space is and why it’s needed to keep it a secret, while the Sentiment QI would do the job of influence her positive about the Space. He would meet his end if any of her people will know and will try to capture him as they personally don’t know who he is.

Theodore asks in his mind: “Spacey how is your progress on the experimentation of those ambers going?” Spacey answers: “It’s going well TJ thus far you’ve shed enough cells to make 10. You can get them when needed since those ambers are a part of you. You would feel an instant connection when you receive them. Do keep them in dry places, cause if they get constant wet these ambers will melt and exposes the core, which is your shed cells and they will dissipate directly.

Theodore asks: “How far can they be from me, for me to be able to teleport to one of such amber?” Spacey answers: “Theoretically speaking anywhere on the continent. The Spatial Server will keep track of it and we’ll be able to observe everything in an area of 500-meter radius around each one of them. But I am unsure how the Law of your Azure planet will react if any. But we have to see how it goes with practical tests.

Theodore happy hearing this and says: “Got it, good job Spacey!” He really admired Spacey, and continues: “Can you show me the status of the OFT-Space in my retina and later the Store available crops? I don’t want to start with livestock and fishes yet, the fodder for livestock isn’t cheap the more we produce ourselves the lower the costs will be, as for the fishes, the ponds just costs too much which we can’t afford.” Spacey answers: “Affirmative!

Status: Progress: Upgrade to level: XP Gained:  XP Required:
Spatial Server level 1 progress to level 2 48 % 2 715 1500
OFT – Space level 2 progress to level 3 57 % 3 715 1250
Acounting   Current Amount: Previous Amount:  
Available Gold Coins   1,556.00 1901.00  
Available MaCs   21 24  

Log – max 5 newest logs will be showed

  • completed 2 Toilet & Washroom, + 40 XP
  • constructed 2 Toilet & Washroom, + 20 XP
  • upgrade primary source OFT Space Spring Water level 3, + 50 XP
  • upgrade plague wand to level 2, + 25 XP
  • upgrade primary source OFT Space Spring Water level 2, + 25 XP
[Show 5 more / older logs]        

Theodore press show 5 more logs and it expanded with the following:

  • upgrade primary source OFT Space Space Soil level 2, + 25 XP
  • bought 2 design Toilet & Washroom, - 300,00 gold coins
  • bought 2 design Toilet & Washroom, - 2 MaCs
  • lends 1 MaC to visitor (1)
  • planting 9 square of farmland, + 45 experience points
[Show 5 more / older logs]

Theodore says: “The progress is going well and the spending isn’t awful large, so it’s contained pretty nice. Let see the available crops, and advise me on which of the crops are XP-worthy to start planting, in comparison to growth time and amount.” (2) Spacey answers: “Roger that!” Theodore smiles as he hears Spacey tries on wordplay.

Farming Panel:  
Crops Animals
Farm
Level
Type
Plant
Name Earth

Name Azure

Purchase

Price

Maturity

1 Veg.Plant Carrot (level 2) Long Orange Digging Root Sack of 276 seeds 18.80 2.5 m-th
1 Hrb.Plant Garden Cress (level 2) Edible Peppery Instant Weed Sack of 1500 seeds 15.00 2.5 w-ks
1 Veg.Plant Lettuce (level 2) All Filling Green Leaves Sack of 150 seeds 14.60 2.5 m-th
1 Veg.Plant Pak Choi (level 2) Easy Growing WG Leaves 1 Sack of 150 seeds 13.50 1.5 m-th
1 Nut Plant Peanut (level 2) Natural Oil Nut Shells 1 Sack of 50 seeds 17.87 4.5 m-th
1 Fru.Tree Dwarf Gala Apple (level 2) Red Juicy Flesh Fruit Seedling 16.50 4.5 y-rs
1 Tree Nordic Spruce (level 2) ??? Seedling 39.89 8.5 y-rs
2 Flw.Shru Rose, Ramanas (level 1) ??? 2 Seedlings 22.37 2.4 m-th
2 Fru.Vine Grape, Blue (level 1) ??? Vine of harwood 24.15 3.4 m-th
2 Fru.Tree Lemon (Level 2) ??? Seedling 14.25 4,5 y-rs
2 Veg.Shru Eggplant (level 1) ??? Sack of 43 Seeds 17.22 4 m-th
2 Veg.Plant Mustard Greens (level 2) ??? Sack of 172 seeds  13.78 2.5 m-th
2 Veg.Plant Garlic (Level 2) ??? Sack of 786 Seeds 15.72 6 m-th
2 Veg.Plant Onion, Yellow (Level 2) ??? Sack of 105 Seed 12.60 3 m-th
2 Veg.Plant Potato (Level 2) ??? Sack of 15 Seeds 15.97 2.5 m-th
2 Veg.Shru Tomato (Level 1) ??? Sack of 43 Seeds 26.03 2 m-th
2 Cer.Plant Flax (level 1) ??? Sack of 2000 Seeds 400.00 4 m-th
Plant Whole Season   In Spring   In Summer   In Autumn   In Winter  

Theodore exclaims when he sees this screen and asks: "You change this interface too? You are playing with colors now?" Spacey answers with a sad voice: "Well it's the only way I can play with colors!" Then change to a more casual tone: "Actually the Azure crop names threw me a little off my game, as they need a column to be named. It was intended to be filled in with the season the crop could be planted. Farm Level 1 was easy as they are planted mostly first in spring, but later when the level of the farm advances more will show. And the variety will increase with intending seasons, if they all can be strengthening to Crop level 2, they would all be the same." (3)

Theodore says: "Ahh... yes I understand now. You wanted to make it appear easier to see. Okay, that is indeed a good overview. Which of these crops do you recommend to plant, I see we have our first cereal plant available?" Spacey answers: "I would recommend the potato plant or the tomato shrub they give the most yield per year. The Ramanas Rose gives the most XP, but you will require to sell them later at a Flower Stand. Unfortunately, it becomes available much later at level 5, which you won't be able to sell till then. Though the Flax has many more seeds, the profit gained won't be much until you have an Oil mill press and a Spinning wheel facility."

Theodore says: “Let’s decide later when we discuss this with the others. And keep those 2 crops listing available for us to watch on the monitor after the movie is over. So we will concentrate on one of them.” Spacey answers: “Affirmative!

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) 05/07/2020; Forgot the MaC needed to visit OFT Space, so 1 needs to be subtracted in the Status Screen. Corrected it as well chapter 19.
  • 2) Yes I have sheets in excel to keep track of all the spending and usage. But umm... I've looked in my drafts and there will be time skips soon, so I won't be able to do accurate accounting. That's the problem between reality and imagination. Ohhh... I wish I was a millionaire ... Hah ... '(goes back sorting the drafts and writing them up in word)'.
  • 3) My apologies to the readers for getting their eyes hurt by that table (as if, no lawsuits!). It's not much Spacey fault, but the tables in this editor gets too cropped or to large per cell that I wanted to show. This was the only way I could come up with to make it readable.
    Just glance over it :-)
12