Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 023 – Rainy – Progress (2)
261 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note before reading: Double Issue, if you haven’t read (1) press ‘<< Previous’. If you have, continue.
SH display updates to the most recent so you'll miss the previous chapter if I publish 2 chapters
on the same day.)


 

When done keeping track with his spending and the progress of the available level 2 farm crops. He went back and focuses on the interaction between Rainy and the 2 girls, how they getting along.  He had a plan to let them befriend each other and if possible to meet each other in OFT-Space, where they can play and do things together.

But this is truly a tricky situation as it is known that the Human and the Elven race are in a hostile relationship, that’s pretty much volatile and could erupt to another war if this recent dead of one of their own has been murdered near a Human Village.

The only thing that could diffuse such situation is to rescue all of the 10 captive elves, besides handing over the 5 men responsible of killing Starry and remain friends with the Elven race. For that he needs 4 things:
1. Eric, Bruce, Jade and May need to regain their strength for security purposes, if someone stronger than the 5 is somewhere hidden inside the village.
2. The Patriarch needs to be informed that 5 individuals in this Village are responsible for capturing 12 youngsters from the Elven race from which 1 escaped and 1 was killed, thus far is known. Relay documents and proof to the Imperial Court. This needs be done without implicating the Stillards as it will affect the entire Wilde Clan and by proxy the Wilde family. This needs to be solved internal within the Clan, perhaps siding with the Barry family.
3. Gain personal trust with the Elven race, return the 10 youngsters back to the Elven race personally after documenting their experience, be it Eric or Bruce. Keep Rainy here so they can recover her personally and also guarantee that Eric or Bruce won’t be harmed.
4. Establish a friendship between Rainy with Jenna, Maggie and him personally while she’s recovering at their home. Give her a piece of amber and promise she will be able to go to OFT-Space, even if she’s far away from them. Explain that OFT-Space will exist if he, Theodore, stays alive and what would happen if it’s known by either of the races of its existence.

 

Adding these crucial points in his mind, he starts corresponding with Spacey to see if he has forgotten something. After a while they fine tuned the plan with more emphasize on using those ambers in the surroundings, so Spacey will be able to put a sorts of surveillance up. Even, able to transport Theodore and others to where the amber is located if needed. Theodore became at ease now a tight plan has been formed and resumes watching the movie while eating some snacks.

 

Soon the movie ended and Theodore says: “Well how is your first experience watching such a movie?” Jenna was the most excited of them all with saying: “This is beautiful done Theo! It contains a nice story about how the animals need to respect the ecosystem.”

Jade looks at Jenna and says: “It’s more than that Jen! It’s a viewpoint that relays to us that we need to be careful with the animals to not overhunt things in nature. So there must be maintained a balance within, to keep nature providing itself an opportunity to grow and we can if needs to be, hunt a few of them. There has to be someone to keep this balance.” Then looks at Rainy and says: “Doesn’t the Elven race keep watch over this balance?”

Rainy hesitates to answer. Theodore intervenes and says: “Well, they can’t as they are in the outskirts of the continent, though they have a better relationship with animals and in some way communicate with them. The animals are too scattered in the Continent and some places the elves can’t reach. They can only control the animals in this part of the forest. It’s probably our Kingdoms that should do this, but it’s something the Royals can’t control. It’s just too hard to supervise them. And nobles just don't care.”

Rainy looks in doubt at Theodore and asks: “How do you know?” Theodore answers: “That’s something I will tell you.” Takes a look at everyone and looks back at Rainy, says: “I’ve told you that after drinking a Holy Potion something was taken from me, but in exchange I receive this place and another thing that is memo……”

Eric stood up and says: “Theodore! You can’t.” Rainy shocked and a little frightened, Theodore looks at Eric and says: “Dad, it’s alright. She needs to know. Rainy is already aware of this OFT-Space and the things we already talked about. I want her to understand that we and some of our own kind are not prejudice about Elven race. Other act differently because that’s what they been told by someone who read those books.” Eric takes a breath and seated again, says: “I hope you know what you are doing, son.”

 

Meanwhile Theodore told Spacey to inform them about his plans through the Eyeglasses they were wearing. Theodore says to Eric: “Yes dad, I am sure.” And looks back at Rainy and continues: “Where was I umm… I’ve received memories from a man who came from another planet through Spacey, the controller of this place. That movie you just watch is one of his memories that are contained within. This is how we could see it on that device called monitor.” Rainy is surprised hearing and keeps listening.

Theodore says: “There are a lot of things in those memories that can change the whole situation on the Continent which could improve our relationship, the Humans and the Elves as well any other races."

"Just as I have received a gift. There are people on that planet who received such gift as well. I am sure because they written books about similar places like our world, which was more superficial on the habits of Dwarfs, Elves and umm… I am not sure about the Beastmen but it told their stories from Elves and Dwarfs within. Later versions that were written were more out of imagination.”

“That’s how I know a little about the Elven habits. Through Spacey we compiled some of the information we have and seeing your reaction it seems to match. Am I right Rainy?” Rainy answers: “Yes, we are very close to the nature and animals within. That was part of the trip to get closer to nature and the animals in the forest.”

Theodore knows he got her hooked and continue saying: “But as you can see, some people just don’t want us to live in harmony. And if what I know about your race is transmitted back to your people, I am sure they won’t let me alive, even if they are aware that I have another place they could probably prosper, even if we save your 10 friends later.”

“The same goes within our own Human Race, they would try to capture me and lock me up somewhere deep underground. But I won’t live that long for them to enjoy, due to that Holy Potion at most 20 years more to go. So they will try to squeeze everything as much out of me till there is no me.”

 

Theodore takes a few breaths and continues “This space is unique and large, where we could actually create a whole society of different races, cooperate and work together to improve this place. You, Rainy from the Elven race, who is attuned to nature energy, can feel the difference in the nature atmosphere if things are going good or bad within this Space. When this place gets bigger, there will be opportunities to get even more Elves here to enjoy all the benefits this Space has to offer. Look at the monitor and you’ll see what we have planned.”

On the monitor was showing a simulated clip how the future Space should be growing and within, different races could be seen working together in harmony. They all watched and now knew what potential this OFT-Space has and couldn’t imagine Theodore plan was so big. Theodore explains: “What you see now is something I planned to reach within 5 to 6 years. But it depends on you if it’s possible.” Rainy confused and yelps: “Me, why?”

Theodore answers: “It depends what you’re going to say to your parents or friends once you are home. I don’t want to keep you to long away from your mother and father. I am sure they are missing you dearly. If you reveal anything about this secret of ours, we will have to find another place to hide. I won’t blame you or the Elven race, but we will be a little more apprehensive approaching the Elven race ever again. If you can give us a little time to achieve what you just watched, I’ll personally go to your Elven race and openly ask if they want to cooperate with us. In the meantime, you can enter this Space anytime its open and even work with Jenna and Maggie on a piece of land here.”

Rainy, Jenna and Maggie yell simultaneously: “REALLY?” The others laughs and so did Theodore, he says: “Really!” He opens his hand and shows a string and attached to it was a piece of amber, he continues: “In this amber contains my cells that is related to this Space. Spacey is able to see everything in a 500 meter radius around this thing, protecting the wearer by warning him or her that danger is approaching.”

“It will light up with a soft glow and even shakes so you’ll be able to feel it. Spacey will notify me if it’s something you and your surroundings aren’t able to handle. I can then teleport to you and move you, and anyone near you inside this Space. But they need to be trusted.”

“This is how you are able to enter this Space when you are in your room or somewhere alone, I’ll pick you up but you have to leave that amber there, so I can return you to the same spot after your visit or if someone is looking for you. If you can accept my condition, this string is yours and anywhere you’ll be able to enter this Space, even when you are back at your Elven village.”

Rainy looks at Jenna and Maggie, who looks back with pleading eyes, says: “Okay!” Jenna and Maggie yelled: “YES!” And they start chatting with each other. Theodore gave the string to Rainy and added: "Keep it dry at all costs. If the amber gets wet, pieces will melt and once the core is exposed, the cells inside will dissapear." Rainy nodded and continues chatting with Jenna and Maggie.

 

Theodore turns to Jade and says: “Mom, you wanted to have your own place to plant some crops? You can tell me which and I’ll buy it.” Then he looks at Eric and says: “We have new crops and Spacey recommends out of the new available, 2 of them, that provides the most XP. Perhaps we can add 10 more squares farmlands? And we still have to plant those 4 Red Juicy Flesh Fruit tree seedlings (apple).”

Hitting his forehead, he says: “Those books need to be scanned as well. Girls, can you scan the books like you did the seeds. You just have to place them on the stand at the back of the monitor and Spacey will handle the rest?” Jenna asks: “Can we watch another movie?”

Theodore thought for a while and says: “Yes, of course. The next one is already waiting for you to watch.” Jade looks at Theodore pouted and says: “Now son and we’re going to work again.” Jenna answers before Theodore and says: “No mom, we can watch it again with you later.” Jade laughs and hugs Jenna.

 

Theodore looks at Eric and says: “Dad can you place another chair next to the others and place your books and those of Uncle to the right. Also it’s better to store those seeds away that are still in the back.” Eric answers: “Yes I’ll be swift!” Before he walks away, he looks at Theodore patted his shoulder and says: “Nicely done son. And the plan of saving those elf youngsters, you and Spacey thought of something brilliant using those ambers, good going!” He turns and walks to the back of the monitor. The girls followed, while May carries of Rainy.

Theodore looks at Jade, asks: “ Mom, shall we take a look which vegetable we should grow for our own needs?” Jade answers: “Hmmm son, you are forgetting something.” Theodore confused and than taps his forehead again, says: "The Spring Water, yes!"

Bruce who stood nearby says: "I am truly a little anxious trying this Spring Water. I can’t believe that something so miraculous exists that can expel poison out of the body.” Jade looks at Bruce, and says jokingly: “Than when May comes, you and her go first. We can’t have you being so in anxiety. Things may go wrong if we proceed with farming.” She sticks her tongue towards Bruce. They laugh.

Theodore says: “It’s decided. Uncle you and Aunt goes first, while mom and dad picks the next crops we are going to plant.” Bruce nodded at Theodore and Jade with a grateful look.

Theodore looks up and asks: “Spacey, how many unassigned squares do we have?” Spacey answers: “Current available unassigned squares are in total 171, 71 from the initiation and 100 for when you reached farming level 2.”

Theodore says: “Ohh… forgot it released 100 unassigned squares with every level up. Well that’s great. At least we won’t have to be afraid of running out of available squares.”

 

Soon Eric and May returns, they were told what was decided. Bruce and May receives the Water Can from Eric and 2 cups out of the Backpack Eric is carrying, and they went to the toilets.

Eric says: “Let’s look at the available Store panel.” Theodore looks at Eric says: “Spacey has already made 2 recommendations. Let’s look at those first, Spacey!” Spacey answers: “Yes Theodore!”

Farm Level 2; Vegetable Plant - Potato: Sack of 15 Seeds (???) which can be planted on 1 square of farmland.
Crop Level: 2
Costs to Purchase (gold coins): 15.97
Planting season (2.5 XP): Can be planted the whole year round.
Watering details: Once per week in the afternoon
Harvesting details (9.5 XP):

Full maturity around 2.5 months with a length of 8.0cm – 10cm and width of 4cm – 6cm. Harvest can begin when the flowers starts to open or the bud drops. Pull whole plant out of the ground once matured.
Storage details:

Roots needed to be cut off the stem and dried, until the peel becomes dry and hard. During the wet season and winter its best to store them temporary inside the Barn. Once they are dried it will be added to the Harvest Locker. The other part of the potato plant will be treated and added to the Feeder Locker.
Usage:  
Cooking;

Cook, Bake or Fried. As raw vegetable it doesn't taste good. Use any method, slice it, and keep it whole. Recipe: Smashed Potato; after cooking the potatoes soft, mash it to a smooth paste, add a little salt and pepper adjust to taste, spoon oil, a spoon of milk or water and little butter in it, till its smooth and enjoy.
Yeast Production;

Yeast is used for any kind of baking, such as bread, cake and brewing alcohol. Recipe: cook potato with 4 cups water soft, drain water in container, mash potato, add teaspoon sugar and salt, cool it, add it to the water, properly mix it, cover it and let it sit in warm place for several days to ferment. Daily feed it with a cup of flour and cup water till its smooth, cover and let it ferment. If kept in fridge once a week, to use let it 2 hours sit to get it to room temperature.
Alcoholic drinks;

Potatoes can be used to produce, strong alcoholic drinks like Vodka. Cook potatoes and smash it till a paste is formed, mix and add other ingredients, let it ferment for 2 weeks in room temperature and lastly distil the content into translucent liquid.
Fodder Production; Potatoes can be used to feed livestock.
Treating wounds; Potato peels are known to be able to dry and help faster recovering in treating burns or cuts. It was commonly used in Asian regions when no other sorts of bandage are available.
Earning details after selling harvest; 23.95 gold coins 0 MaCs 49.87 XP
Condition;

200 equal sized potatoes with a size of 8cm to 10cm in length and 4cm to 6cm in width, remaining can be used as seeds to be replanted which requires them to grow sprouts which takes one month to develop.

 

Farm Level 2; Vegetable Shrubs - Tomato: 43 seedlings (???) can be planted on 1 square of farmland.
Crop Level: 1  
Costs to Purchase (gold coins): 26.03 (includes Tomato plant rack)
Planting season (2.5 XP): Early Spring
Watering details: Once in a week, during summer every 3 days
Harvesting details (7.5 XP):

Full maturity around 2 months with the fruit (tomato) a diameter of 6cm to 7cm and height of 4cm – 5cm. Harvest can begin when the fruits are full red in color and will keep producing tomatoes for about 210 per tomato shrub during the whole year until the first frost arrives in late autumn, early winter. The shrub will than wilt and die.
Storage details: Plucked tomatoes are stored in the Harvest Locker.
Usage:  
Cooking;

Can be eaten raw, added in salads sliced or cooked with any other dishes to add additional flavor to your dishes.
Earning details after selling harvest;  57.26 gold coins 0 MaCs  54.85 XP
Condition;

1400 tomatoes with a diameter of 6cm to 7cm and height of 4cm – 5cm. Remaining can be used as seeds for the next to be planted, which requires to have them be cultivated first.

Theodore looks at the 2 crops recommended by Spacey and says: “The tomato crops seem promising. The earnings in both are equal high, should we go with that?” Making a rough calculation in his head and continues: “It will be around 260 gold coins in costs, the total harvest in the end of the year would be about 3,450 gold coins and around 3,300 XP.” Eric was fast to respond and says: “Yes son that would be the most suited.”

 

Theodore looks at Jade and asks: "Mom, what do you like? We have enough funds to get started with our own private garden, which we use for our own consumption."

 

 

Author tries to explain:

Yup went overboard again with a chapter and made a double issue. This one is a tad more over 3000 words, but hell who keeps counting anymore :P

These chapters are later posted, due to internet outage in my home. Anyways, keep reading next coming chapters will be about those ugly elves hunters and the usage of those ambers!!

 

13