Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 026 – Comprehensive change – Part Elf?
248 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rainy wanted to check on Theodore's situation but was clueless about where to begin. Spacey interrupted her and says: “Don’t worry Rainy. Everything is fine with Theodore. His body is reacting this way due to something hidden inside him is trying to reveal itself and the Holy Potion is trying to prevent it from happening. And if I have a guess, his body is reacting to the Nature QI that recently been added in the Spring Water he just drank.”

“We just need to wait till the fierce reaction passes, it just reached the peak and his body will slowly go back to its normal condition.”

Rainy asks: “So you’re saying nothing is wrong with him? What exactly is this Holy Potion?” Spacey answers: “Nothing is wrong with him. His body is actually improving and will attune to Nature QI, just like you. Theodore is experiencing a comprehensive change inside his body. I assume it’s something he already had since birth.”

“As for the Holy Potion of Redemption, it is a potion that is given to people who committed crimes in Kingdoms. But within the Clans and noble families, it’s abused by them given it to those who are expelled from their Clan or noble family.”

“There is a lot of scheming done just to get more resources within Clans and noble families, where some are falsely accused of something they haven’t done. Just what happened with these two couples and their children, while Theodore received the full blame for what happened to them and had to drink a full drop of that Holy potion.”

“This potion will cease the inner energy within the body from moving. It will turn an expert into a mediocre person in an instant once taken as an example, which will degrade the body quicker, and supposedly there isn’t a cure. But with this Space, we are able to analyze how that potion is made and produce an antidote against that potion with counter ingredients. That I can guarantee, though it requires hard work to level this Space to its authorized level.”

 

Rainy listens and looks sadden towards Theodore, but suddenly she exclaims and says: “Wait, attuned to Nature QI just like us the Elven race? But he’s human!”

Spacey as silent for a moment, then answers: “What I am about to tell you will remain a secret between us three, though obviously Eric and Jade knows. The others don’t and Theodore doesn’t care about it, he only wishes happiness within the family.”

“Theodore is adopted by Eric and Jade when he was still an infant. Eric’s father handed him to them without telling who his real parents are. But there are a few on this planet who has double names, people know him as Theodore. His full name currently is actually Theodore James Stone.”

“Only Royals and those closely related to them are allowed to have double names. So you can figure out the rest as to why he’s been handed to Eric and Jade, we just don’t know nor does Theodore care. Though I am unsure why Theodore has such a strong reaction on Nature QI. But if I have to guess he has a part of Elf in him though appears to be human from the outside, maybe something to do with his ancestors.”

Rainy eyes widen and look at Theodore closely. She covers her mouth from her accidentally shouting. She could feel Theodore emitting Nature QI from his body and gradually it returning inside his body and keeps repeating.

 

Soon Jenna and Maggie were done and walk with their mothers towards Theodore. Jade sees Theodore lying on the ground and runs together with May towards him.

Rainy seeing the situation and was scared out of her wits, thinking that they might think that it was she who done something to Theodore. But Spacey says swiftly in Rainy Eyeglasses: “Don’t worry, I’ve told them that Theodore had a strong reaction against the renewed Spring Water. And his body is digesting it, but it is the Holy Potion that tries to fiercely prevent it from happening though it’s useless. He’s already coming by.”

“The next things I or Theodore is about to tell Jade will be slightly off from what I just told you. Theodore isn’t prepared to say that he already knows he’s adopted because he truly likes the couple and their daughter and doesn’t want to create disharmony within this current family and in their current situation. Hope you understand.” Rainy sighs in relief and nodded.

 

Jade crouched down and looks at Theodore, says: “Son, how are you feeling. Spacey told me what happened.” Theodore says whispering: “Getting better mom. That darned Holy potion is preventing me to feel the Nature QI in all plants surrounding us, but it seems it’s useless as nature is the source of everything and it tries to break through the restrictions. Ask the girls what they feel I think they can answer you more precisely. I still can’t move the other energies within my body though and that’s why I’m currently like this.”

Jade patted Theodore’s head and says: “It is okay son, you deserve some rest. After all, you have been forcing yourself since you have woken up from your unconscious state while keeping up with us by drinking the Spring Water continuously.” Theodore smiles and says: “Yes mom. But the guilt I felt, putting you all in this current situation did pressure me a lot. Knowing that most of it are resolved, I am quite happy. And now I can move a bit of my inner-energy inside my body, though not my main energy but it’s enough. I can feel that I’m regaining my former strength slowly to my peak physical body.”

Jenna, who was close by, says fiercely with a childish voice shaking a tiny fist towards Theodore: “But you still can’t beat me! If you dare to bully Mags or Rainy once you regained your strength, I’ll beat you up.” Theodore exclaims and says: “No Lil’ sis, I wouldn’t dare!” They all laughed with the siblings playing around. Rainy who looks at them couldn’t help to join in the fun.

 

Eric and Bruce soon came back and they were informed of what happened. They gave the work outfits and glasses to Jenna and Maggie, who promptly changed clothing, the Backpacks reluctantly to Jade and May. Jade took Rainy to one of the toilets to let her drink the Spring Water.

Eric says: “Let’s hurry up and do the things within Space. It’s getting late outside and the children need to sleep.” Jenna pouted and says: “But dad, I want to watch the movie again with mom.”

Eric patted Jenna’s head and says: “Sure after you are done with farming, we will all watch it together and then once we are back you’re all going straight under the covers. Tonight though, you’ll be sleeping in the same bed with Maggie. We let Rainy sleep in yours. The wound seems to be healing well, but it might open if you were to sleep with her. And knowing you like to kick while sleeping, I am afraid Rainy would get hurt again.” Jenna exclaims and shouted: “I did it when I was little.”

Maggie gloated and says: “You still do, you just don’t remember. But I do from the bruises in the morning!” Jenna chokes and says in a small voice: “Really?” Theodore added: “Really!” Then they all laughed.

 

Jade and Rainy returned. Rainy glows with the Nature QI particles dancing around her, the grass bowing their leaves showing she was one with nature. The Spring Water truly took tremendous effects on her and with their current surroundings, it would only be beneficial to her, being a full-bred Elf. Rainy walks over, she crouched down and looks at Theodore, says: “Thank you Theo for bringing me to this place and told me all about it. I promise I’ll keep this place a secret. But you have to promise to let me come here, once in a while.”

Theodore looks at Rainy and suddenly saw a semblance of someone of Earth, he started to sing: “I’m Like A Bird…” Soon he choked and stops, he says:  “Sorry Rainy, I saw someone in you from that other planet, with the same face but older and became popular due to that song.” (1) Rainy turns red and asks: “No it was nice to hear…” Jade coughs and says: “We are off to farm, come Jenna, Maggie. Let me show you how farming is done.” May took the glasses Jade had taken from Rainy while in the toilet.

Jade and May pulled their daughters away, while Jenna says: “But I want to hear Theodore sing again!” Jade says: “Later, we have to hurry if we still want to watch the movie!” Eric and Bruce slowly back off and walk to the Origin Station, presumably to rest on the bench.

Theodore and Rainy dumbstruck, they laughed it off.

 

Rainy asks: “Those memories you mentioned, are there anything else in them of our Elven race?” Theodore stood up patted his bottoms and says: “Yeah there are some. But I don’t know if all of its the truth.”

“It’s like this what I assume. Some elf died here or somewhere similar in a world where other elves are. The memories of that elf transmitted to someone else on that planet called Earth. He or she wrote a book about it from what he or she can recall the Elven history, and then someone else derived pieces of it and wrote his own book. And this cycle went on for decades till it became a sort of folklore. So it’s hard to tell which story contains truths and which are written out of imagination.”

“But I can trace the earliest book back of what I know and that man, from who I gained the memories from, had a fondness of novel stories including the origin of elves and other races. I let Spacey transmit it to you though you need to be aware, it might be just made up but some customs and rituals should easily be recognizable by you or your elders though.”

Rainy answers: “It doesn’t matter. I am just interested to read some of these stories and that song you sang earlier. Can you have Spacey write me the text? I really like it.” Theodore stunned for a moment and says: “Yes, of course. I can even show the person who sang the song originally on the monitor and you’ll be able to compare yourself with her, hahaha.”

“I need to go to the toilet first. You should go to my dad and uncle and start telling about the situation when those guys first showed up and then where you were taken. I’ll be there once I am done, so we can prepare for the rescue of your friends.”

Rainy says: “Okay.” Turns and walks off in the direction of the Origin Station, while Theodore walks towards the toilets.

 

Theodore says in his mind: “Spacey what’s happening to me? I can see and hear much further away from me, even feeling the fluctuations around me. It’s kind of weird the feeling it gives off. Is it true I am part Elf?” Spacey answers: “I can’t give you a concrete answer you want, TJ. But currently, it’s only speculations what I just told Rainy, she would feel the Nature QI particles surrounding your body anyways and then she would ask questions.

Another reason would be the properties given off by the Spring Water that would give those who are accustomed to Sentiment QI, Fire QI, Water QI, and Nature QI support in their cultivation.”

“Perhaps the Nature QI attaching to you is because of me. Only the Nature QI is inheritable as it came from a prime source of an Ancestor in the Elven race who gained it through um… one of my ancestors, if I can call them that. The others are customary as to how your family has taught you or the personality of such a person. I know more about original and inherent talents due to what is engraved in all our organism genes. But this kind of situation also leaves me baffled, all we can do now is learn and see where this takes us.”

“It’s either this or what I told Rainy and you are part Elf, though your ears haven’t turned pointy yet!”

Theodore looks confused and touching his ears, asks: “So if my ears turn pointy I’ll be a part of the Elves?” Spacey answers:  “It has nothing to do with outward genetics!” Theodore knew he was fooled, says:  “Oh… you getting tricky now! Well, we have to see what this is all about. But can you do something about this feeling its weird not having control over it.

Spacey says: “I’ll check it and see if I can alter those cells, but it will take some time and visual simulations to fully understand these changes. You’ll better talk with Rainy about them and perhaps she knows a way since these are Elven characteristics.” Theodore thought for a while and nodded, asks: “This really isn’t a dream Spacey?” Spacey says: “Nope, it’s truly not. The 8 decades I spent here, made me realize it.” Theodore nodded and continues what he was about to do.

 

Theodore did his business in the toilet, after washing his hands he went out and walks in the direction of the Origin Station. He sees Rainy sitting there from far away, talking to Eric and Bruce, and was briefly informed through Spacey about the event that unfolded the elvish youngsters. He reaches them and says: “I just was informed about the whole situation unfolding your group, Rainy. But I find it strange that by coincidence there are 25 humans surrounding your group of 12 youngsters and a supervisor Elf. What happened to him or her?”

Rainy stunned, while Eric and Bruce are nodding their head, ask angrily: “You don’t mean to say Supervisor Nightglow has something to do with this? He got wounded and seeing he wasn’t able to protect us all, he went back to the village to get support.” Theodore shakes his head and says: “No, Rainy I didn’t mean anything with it. Just I find it strange that those humans knew where your group was going, spread around, and trapped your group just as you were resting. It could be a coincidence or they received information beforehand.”

“I am not sure if it’s your supervisor directly, but someone seems to have informed them of your group movement. Are there any factions in your Elven race?”

Rainy listen to Theodore words and begins to doubt, says in a low voice: “Yes there are.” Theodore says: “No matter, but I must tell you to be a little wary when you return to your people. I am unsure if there are some Elves within your Village, who are visible or scheming in the dark against the current rulers in your Elven Race.”

“We the Human race are always highly suspicious in any abrupt change in routines and accidents like this happening. And we would slowly digest all that happen and analyze every step that we took, and making several assumptions and see which one holds the truth. From there we decide how to handle such a situation. Remain silent and be cautious around such people or inform other parties.”

“As for you try not to get involved, but just observe the situation. If anything is wrong, we will be there to support you and your family. As for the other Elven, we have to see who can be trusted and who aren’t.”

“And I can remember one of those men who chased after you, saying that your Elven race has something planned on this Village. Unsure precisely what, but watch this clip and point out which one brought you food or checked on your group frequently during the time you were held. That person would probably be the one who's keeping your group on his property, Spacey?”

 

The monitor screen change onto the moment the 5 humans appears on the border. They listen to what they said. And Rainy hears the words Theodore mentioned and started to believe that her Elves have something planned on this Village. She pointed towards one of the men, and says: “That’s him! He was the one who came in frequently to check on us and brought us food.” Bruce nodded and says: “That’s the captain of the guard of this Village. He came earlier today with the Village Chief to collect those taxes.”

Theodore looks at Eric and Bruce, then looks at Rainy and says: “Tomorrow we need to find an abandoned place, knowing that something assumably amiss within the Elves. I can’t be sure if someone in your group is involved as well.”

 

  

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) Song “I’m Like A Bird” performed by Nelly Furtado in 2000 and won a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2001 (source Wiki).
    Well, yeah I had the hots for her back then, but different lives and different Country, though what else than playing with her in my mind (wink) back then! Ah blablabla, we were all young once :P

 

Friendly reminder in advance:

The week is almost over with tomorrow a double issue, and then every chapter release will go back to Wednesdays and Sundays as posted on the Synopsis of this novel.

I was too far ahead with my drafts and paused, decided to first release the all-ready written drafts I would’ve released if I kept the 3 releases in one week schedule.

But due to keeping the story imaginative spending account and making the tables, I had to slow it down to 2, I must confess that rereading the drafts of every 3,000 wordcount chapters and making sure it's all connecting is really tiresome. Imagine if I have to write them all every day, check them to be connecting and transfer it to SH, again checking the layout, reread again in SH drafts before publishing them. All my time would go to it, so I am now currently on track with 10 drafts still remains to be fully written and if I speed up again. I might throw in a daily release again for a week in the future, but it will be done with better preparation and I'll inform you in advance on my SH profile.
Rest assured I ain't blaming anyone but myself for being too optimistic, but this will put it back to its regular schedule. And promise that when I am ahead, fully prepared, I'll throw in a weekly surprise, regulary :-)

Cheers and thank you, readers, for taking the time to read my novel, my story, my head :-)
Tip: In the future I’ll write these things up on my SH profile, so it won’t be added onto a chapter, the word counts making me dizzy, so if you want to be updated, just follow me on my SH profile!

11